4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 08-20-2007, 05:09 AM   #16
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodles
things have been much much better lately. we have both been more loving and aware of when the other person is not happy with something. he has also taken more time and been aware of how he is acting with my daughter. she is seeing the benefit of our talk as well
That's wonderful Mandee! I'm so happy for you! YAY!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:09 AM   #17
blowry

Hi Mandee, I just read this post. I am sorry that you have to go through this and happy that things are working out for both of you. When I read your post I was reading my life with my husband. I am 50 and this is my second marriage. We will be married 8 yrs in November. Only difference, I am living with a man that is bi-polar and has a mood disorder. NEVER in my life did I think I would end up like this. I love him with all my heart and am totally in love with him. I DO NOT want to leave him but, that thought had crossed my mind. The verbal, emotional abuse and controlling has got to end...I told myself (after divorcing an abuser) that I would NEVER let anyone do this to me again.....and I did....shame on me! He is in therapy right now and on meds however, he has a binge drinking problem as well and this is when the verbal and emotional abuse gets worse. I pray everyday that God gives me strength to help me, help him. If you ever need someone to talk to please don't hesitate....I certainly know what you are going through and how you are feeling and, sometimes just talking with someone that is going through it makes you feel better....You are not alone Mandee.

Big hugs to you
Old 08-22-2007, 07:16 PM   #18
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Dear Mandee,

This is great news! I'm so happy for you. It takes work and you're doing a good job.

Judy

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:21 PM   #19
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Dear Brenda,

What you're doing through sounds really rough. I hope he finds the right meds soon. It does take time when you're dealing with medication. Hang in there honey, and we're here for you!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:35 AM   #20
Emmsmom

I am so glad things are on the mend. ((HUGS))