4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > The Positive Forum!

Old 10-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
The pups are starting to sell!

I had someone reserve a male pup this weekend, and have 2 families wanting to set appointments to come see pups we've been discussing via email, photos and phone. They'll be able to go in just over 2 weeks so it's time to get this ball rolling!

While I really do enjoy them, I admit I'm eager to get homes found for them too. SO far the 3 that are spoken for are going to people I know, so I'll get to see them grow up, which is SUPER! The other 2 couples found me online and live 1 and 3 hrs away, so I will at least get to meet them here.

Here's hoping the activity on them continues to grow the closer they get to being ready to go!
Old 10-15-2007, 05:55 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
That is so wonderful!!! You know...everyone asks me all the time "how can you let them go?" Well, it is hard, but by the time they are ready to go....you really are ready for them to go and get your life back to normal. Puppies are a lot of work, not always just fun and playtime. I know that I work with mine every single day to make sure the new families will have no complaints.

It's great that some are going to people you know. Do you mind if I ask how you are advertising besides word of mouth? Breeders.net is a nice site that is very inexpensive and you can put your subscription on hold until the next litter. Really nice and convenient.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:01 AM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Anyone who buys from either of you is lucky! You both breed beautiful, healthy dogs and raise them with love and care!

Good luck Tink. I know all of the puppies will go to wonderful families.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:47 AM   #4
Tink

Janet, I've posted them on a free bulletin board that's sponsored by an ISP and covers the southern half of Wisconsin (I'm just outside their northernmost point) on Puppysites.com (another freebie) I'm drawing some in from Google, another free Wisconsin bulletin board called The Bubbler.com, a free Minnesota based bulletin board called Netix.com and I belong to a couple of Labradoodle sites and a labradoodle webring. So far I haven't done any paid advertising other than the cost of setting up my website.

Next week I hope to put a couple of ads in bigger city papers within a couple hrs of myself since they'll be one week away from being able to leave me.

Thanks Judy you're so kind.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:18 AM   #5
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Good luck finding them good homes! I'm sure the new families will just love them!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:40 PM   #6
Tink

I had someone contact me tonight who I've been sending pics and info to about the puppies giving me her credit card info as proof she's serious about coming on Friday with a deposit on my little white female. (She's lucky I'm honest! I could go on a GREAT spending spree!)

She is about an hr away and sounds like a great prospective owner, so I'm thrilled. She's had labs in the past, so owning a labradoodle should be right up her alley!

What I find surprising is that the pups I thought would sell first (other than the giant black boy) are getting little if any notice. People are asking instead for my least favorites as far as looks... which is fine by me! I thought I might have more trouble finding buyers for the smooth coated white ones with the more poodley faces, but obviously my tastes are not the deciding factor! LOL Live and learn!
Old 10-16-2007, 09:16 AM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

It's so hard to believe that it's time to look for homes already, but I know that labs are ready a lot earlier than yorkies. We got Shada when she was 7 or 8 weeks old and Reuger when he was 12 weeks old!

It also sounds like you won't have any trouble getting new homes for all of them! They're so cute that I don't know how anyone could resist taking one home!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:17 AM   #8
Tink

They're 6 weeks old today. Time has really flown by!
I know 30 yrs ago we let them go at 6 weeks... it was the accepted norm.
These are eating fine and would probably do ok, but I plan to keep them til 8 weeks to get them a bit more time with Mama and do another worming and shots.

They're about 5-6 lbs average now so are nice and round. I'm going through about 40 lbs of puppy chow a week right now, so have 95 lbs on hand. This will get me through to the 8th week I suppose as each day they eat a little more than the day before. Will be interesting to see how many I'm still feeding at that point in time.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:16 AM   #9
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Well, they are all so sweet Tink, I'm surprised they all aren't spoken for already. It's that way with my Yorkies too, the last ones I think will go are usually the first. Go figure!!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:36 AM   #10
Tink

I have ads coming out next week in WI, MN and Iowa in a freebie shopper ad.
I have ads in another similar paper that covers the northern half of WI, and on a busy freebie bulletin board that covers the southern half.
My big splurge was an ad in the Chicago tribune classifieds for one week.
I've got ads on several online puppy sites, and am averaging 120 page views on my site right now per day, so I really hope to be getting more calls over the next couple of weeks. I'd really rather not ship pups, so am hoping to draw in people close enough by that I don't need to.

Several are starting to sprout their doodle coats on their heads necks and faces, so that just adds to their appeal. Fingers crossed!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:44 AM   #11
DianaB

Doodle coats!!! What a cute term!!!!! I bet that they're darling!!!! My fingers are crossed for you too!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:10 AM   #12
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink

Several are starting to sprout their doodle coats...
Now that's a term that is just precious!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #13
Tink

6wkpoolwhisterswhite.jpg This picture shows the doodlecoat sprouting. Rather than a sleek coat like his Lab mama, he's getting longer hair and it's wanting to stand up!

6wkapricotmale.jpg You can see a bit of it on this guys face too now. These 2 first ones are both straight haired.

The last pup has still got the smoother more lab like coat but it will eventually lengthen too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6wkpoolparty.jpg (143.5 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Tink; 10-18-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:23 AM   #14
Tink

6wkpoolparty5.jpg This little loverboys doodle coat is coming in wavy, which all 3 of the blacks have.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:41 AM   #15
DianaB

They all look sooo cuddly!!!! Give them a big hug from me!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!