4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 09-16-2006, 01:39 PM   #1
2tiredmom

Mothers

By now you all know that I lost my mom to cancer. It was a hard time.
We took her to the Dr the end of January and she was gone on March 2.
It was very hard on me cause I was never really close to my mom but I took off work to be with her and to help with my dad. I was with her when she died.
It was so hard but I had to be strong for my dad. He didn't handle it well at all.
My oldest brother passed away in October of 04. He was 45 the age I am now.
He had always lived with my parents because he was diabetic. Their world was all about him. When he died I think my mom just gave up.
I just started writing a couple of weeks ago instead of a journal I write letters to my mom telling her what the kids are doing and so on. It seems to help.
2tiredmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I am so sorry about the loss of your Mom and Brother. I think it is beautiful how you are now writing letters to your Mom. That is so hearfelt.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:09 PM   #3
Amber_lv

I too am sorry for your loss i lost my grandma a few years ago to cancer and it was very quick to i was really close to her and it was very hard for me. I think writing letters is a great way to relive the pain and also help you remember her. You know if you want to feel closer to her write a letter about the most speacial moment you remamber with her
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:11 PM   #4
Necee419

I am so sorry about your mom and brother. But I think it is wonderful that you were there for her in the end. At least you know you had the chance to take care of her when she most needed you. My mom and I always had a pretty good relationship. Of course there were times in my teenage years when I bumped heads with her for "interfering" in my life. Now that I no longer live at home and am married, I feel closer to her. I know she misses me because my brother and stepfather are always watching sports and doing guy things and she has no one to watch "chick flicks" with her.
Necee419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:50 AM   #5
Carolyn

I'm so sorry for your losses.
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote