4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 10-31-2007, 03:49 AM   #16
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Janet, I didn't post last night as I said I would and feel like I let you down. We had a very nice unexpected evening and just did not get on here. I'll try to look at you food list tonight and give you some pointers. In the mean time...., the ice cream I mentioned was the 1 or 2 point kind, low fat or no fat and sweetened with Splenda. WW makes some and so does Blue Bunny (BB might be regional, but you may find it where you are.) I have to shop around to find a variety of what I like. In our area, HEB, Walmart & Target all carry WW but carry different things. The key to eating things like ice cream though is eating it slow and convincing yourself you are satisfied with just one. Hubby has a problem with eating the whole box in a day, so I have had to stop buying it which is hard on me. I really need something sweet and this helps sooo much, but I can make it with just one.

Another sweet snack is a small bowl of cereal. I can get by with the skim milk though. I used it until I got used to it and like it now. For cereal, I choose Honey Nut Cheerios, or some other very low cal, whole grain type. Just a small bowl with the skim milk and no extra sugar gives you a little sweetness and depending on the quantity, is 2 to 3 points.

My favorite snack foods are potatoe chips (the old greasy kind), peanut butter and ice cream. All extremely bad. So indulging in just a little bit of a low point kind just helps it work for me. I'll get back on later!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:04 AM   #17
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Marilyn you did not let me down!!! Hey we all have lives and those unexpected pleasure happen and we must enjoy them while we can.

I haven't tried the Honey Nut Cheerios, my favorite is Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. According to the WW book, it's only 4 points (well more with a 1/2 cup of whole milk.)

I feel for your husband alright.....I was buying those little WW chocolate cakes. They are one point each, with 6 in a box. I could eat all those in one sitting with a glass of milk. I try not to buy them too often, but I need chocolate or you'll see me on the late night news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
Janet, I didn't post last night as I said I would and feel like I let you down. We had a very nice unexpected evening and just did not get on here. I'll try to look at you food list tonight and give you some pointers. In the mean time...., the ice cream I mentioned was the 1 or 2 point kind, low fat or no fat and sweetened with Splenda. WW makes some and so does Blue Bunny (BB might be regional, but you may find it where you are.) I have to shop around to find a variety of what I like. In our area, HEB, Walmart & Target all carry WW but carry different things. The key to eating things like ice cream though is eating it slow and convincing yourself you are satisfied with just one. Hubby has a problem with eating the whole box in a day, so I have had to stop buying it which is hard on me. I really need something sweet and this helps sooo much, but I can make it with just one.

Another sweet snack is a small bowl of cereal. I can get by with the skim milk though. I used it until I got used to it and like it now. For cereal, I choose Honey Nut Cheerios, or some other very low cal, whole grain type. Just a small bowl with the skim milk and no extra sugar gives you a little sweetness and depending on the quantity, is 2 to 3 points.

My favorite snack foods are potatoe chips (the old greasy kind), peanut butter and ice cream. All extremely bad. So indulging in just a little bit of a low point kind just helps it work for me. I'll get back on later!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 07:33 AM   #18
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I also MUST have chocolate. I got really lucky and found WW desserts for $1.41 each box and there's 2 in a box. I bought about 10 boxes. You can bake low fat chocolate cake, using cocoa. I have no idea what it tastes like. I use my fat free chocolate syrup (maybe it's low-fat) on some mighty strange things. Sometimes I drink it straight from the bottle.

I love veggies, so I'm lucky I take a bunch of baby carrots, cut up some zucchini, green beans, whatever else, put them into a covered container with a little water and microwave for 2 minutes. Delicious as a side dish for dinner. As a snack, I'm really with you. I needs carbs. Bananas are good too. Bananas with fat free chocolate syrup are better. Have you tried angel food cake. It can be toasted cubed, or just sliced and mixed with something to moisten. I like it with fat free chocolate pudding and Cool Whip.

Marilyn, what are those "cow" ice cream sandwiches called? They're really delicious...
and might be cheaper.

Janet, I also look for sales on WW desserts, and on all the low fat or fat free stuff I use because they can be pricey.

The only dinners I like are Healthy Choice. The even have desert and are about 300 calories each.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:12 AM   #19
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet

I need chocolate or you'll see me on the late night news.
That's funny Janet!!!

I enjoy Jello brand sugar free snack puddings at night. They are only 60 calories per serving. I also like the fact that the servings are individualized so I'm not having to serve my own. When I have to do that my portions are soooo much higher.

Those Skinny Cow chocolate ice creams are to die for! My goodness they are good!!

All this food talk makes me hungry.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:23 PM   #20
Gina

Janet I to love the honey bunches of Oats w/ almonds. I just had a bowl of cereal and its 9 pm. I chose to have this instead of chocolate candy. I have been so so bad myself for the last month I have been eating candy every night no good. I do love chocolate. I do have to get myself motivated, I just don't have it in me... What am I to do?? The only thing I have going for me is that with my job I am always on the go, I hardly ever sit during the day.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:41 PM   #21
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Here it is after 10 p.m. and I'm just getting on here. Sounds like Judy and Cheryl have both given you some good ideas to help sooth your sweet tooth. I'll have to try the angel food cake with fat free pudding and ff cool whip. Fat free whipped topping is awesome. I pile it up on sugar free jello and think I'm really being bad.

Just don't do what I did last night. Got a craving for rice pudding which I hadn't had in years. So I made a batch late last night and tonight, I'm on my third helping. With our vacation, sick dogs when we got home and then my wisdom teeth, I have definitely backslid big time. I'm afraid to get on the scales. I have no idea what I weigh. Just know that some of the clothes I was wearing 3 months ago are too tight now.

Janet, thank you so much for starting this thread. I'll get out my WW books this weekend and rededicate myself to the program. That's probably when I will be able to really take the time to consider other suggestions to help you, too.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:54 PM   #22
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

"Janet, thank you so much for starting this thread. I'll get out my WW books this weekend and rededicate myself to the program. That's probably when I will be able to really take the time to consider other suggestions to help you, too."

Marilyn, you're absolutely right. Janet, you've really motivated me. It's like our own WW group with support, suggestions and nobody judges us when we fall down.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:06 PM   #23
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Well I'm certainly happy that I've motivated you, NOW WHO'S GONNA MOTIVATE ME??????? LOLOLOL I wasn't doing the greatest, even though I thought I was...live and learn, but the last couple of days I have really gone overboard. I decided to slow it down a bit and then get back on the wagon again. I'm just not real good at shoving those foods I love (in great quantity) away. I'm not giving up yet!

I do appreciate all the ideas, I've written quite a bit of info down that you all have given me...so 1----2----3-----here I go again.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #24
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

We'll pull you along. I think you're doing very well. I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to order in a cheeseburger or have a WW legal dinner yet.

Yesterday, I found No Pudge, a ff brownie mix! I purposely didn't look at the ingredients. God only knows what's in there, but it tastes good. I got the raspberry brownie flavor. Way too expensive though - $3.89 for 12 brownies.

Sheryl, I bought the biggest Cool Whip I could find and the ff chocolate pudding.
Yummmmm.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:47 AM   #25
rivermom

We'll try our best to keep you going Janet. My Mom and I LOVE to cook and eat. It's just part of our lives and we talk about it all the time. Well, she recently found out she has diabetes so she's done a full turn around on her life's eating habits. I myself have been "thinking" more about the meals now as it's hard to have her for dinner if I prepare something she's not really allowed to have.

It's a real struggle to change the way one eats - that's why I mentioned to you Janet "little steps" at a time, "one day at a time". It's not easy but it's not impossible either. Even if you have something that isn't the healthiest remember portion control.

You can do this!!!
Old 11-04-2007, 06:54 PM   #26
Gina

Janet I need MOTIVATION TOO!!! LOL I am so stressed out with working, and here it is 9:39 PM and I just had a delicious bowl of Edys Peanut butter ice cream... What the heck!!! LMAO
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:45 AM   #27
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Janet I need MOTIVATION TOO!!! LOL I am so stressed out with working, and here it is 9:39 PM and I just had a delicious bowl of Edys Peanut butter ice cream... What the heck!!! LMAO

Oh gosh I love that ice cream soooo much. ***focus Sheryl, focus*** LOL
Old 11-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #28
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I have lost (drum roll.........)

nothing

Sigh!

Old 11-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #29
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina

That sounds SOOOOOO GOOD, i could do with some of that right now!