4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 09-13-2006, 08:22 AM   #16
magnolia

Well, I don't use lotion or creams on my hands like I should. It's funny actually cause I use moisturizer on my face, put lotion all over my legs all year long, but hands - I always forget!! I keep lotion on my desk at work (never use it), keep lotion in my purse (never use it), and have hand lotion at home (hardly ever use it). What I do use, though, is the Satin Hands from Mary Kay - LOVE, LOVE the extra emolliant night cream!!! I use this about once a week.

"Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been"....Jimmy Buffett
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:23 AM   #17
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia
Well, I don't use lotion or creams on my hands like I should. It's funny actually cause I use moisturizer on my face, put lotion all over my legs all year long, but hands - I always forget!! I keep lotion on my desk at work (never use it), keep lotion in my purse (never use it), and have hand lotion at home (hardly ever use it). What I do use, though, is the Satin Hands from Mary Kay - LOVE, LOVE the extra emolliant night cream!!! I use this about once a week.
Oh yes, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mary Kay Satin Hands!!!!! This is my FAVORITE hand lotion of ALL TIME!
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:39 AM   #18
ice queen

i have always used vaseline hand and nails but right now am using gold bond ultimate healing intensive skin therapy in a tube-it works way better than vaseline but i also use plain old olive oil and put my hands in a pair of comfy gloves for thirty minutes. my mom always says your hands show your true age.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:32 AM   #19
Emmsmom

My hands don't really have sun spots but they are starting to wrinkle. More so than I like.

Honestly ice Queen, my hands look much older than I am. At least I think they do. I am 34 ands till get carded when I buy a bottle of wine. If you were to look at my hands you would think I was much older. I just hate the thought of getting older. The skin on my hands is loose and not tight anymore.Does anyone know if drinking more water will help. If it does I will start drinking water like a fish. LOL

Michelle
Emmsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:50 PM   #20
Kimberley

Avon has lotion called Silicon Glove. It works pretty good with my hands and moisturizes my nails, too.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:51 PM   #21
khardy57

I use lotion on my hands, but when they get really bad I coat them with vaseline then pour a little salt in my hands and scrub them well all over. Then rinse the water off (along with the crap the salt removes) and rub the vaseline in. It makes your hands look great!
khardy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #22
ice queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by khardy57
I use lotion on my hands, but when they get really bad I coat them with vaseline then pour a little salt in my hands and scrub them well all over. Then rinse the water off (along with the crap the salt removes) and rub the vaseline in. It makes your hands look great!
i'm gonna have to try that...nothing like using stuff you already have around the house!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 07:16 PM   #23
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

I tried the prescription Retin-A and it was way too strong even when blending it with an lotion recommended by the doctor. My face pealed & flaked so badly it was embarassing. I looked like my face was recovering from a bad sunburn. By the way, he also had me using it on the back of my hands.

I have also bought the weaker Retin-A in Mexico. I have a couple of tubes of it, but it is also very strong, even when I mix it with moisturizer, it burns my face.

Rebecca, how do you use it?

Where we live we can get it pretty easily. Someone we know is usually going shopping in Mexico, although it is getting more dangerous now. It's been a couple of years since I visited Progresso.
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:35 PM   #24
Jlynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
Are you talking about Rosacea? I am almost positive that I have mild Rosacea They have some out with A LOT of stuff for Rosacea in the past few years. I was put on this cleanser called Plexion that dramatically helped. Here is a link to it:

http://www.plexion.com/

:
Wow, I've been using prescription topical antibiotic for YEARS for rosacea, but havent heard anything about this cleanser...time to call the dermatologist. Thanks for posting it!
Jlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:36 PM   #25
Amber_lv

go to the salon and get a parfin treatment your hands will be silky soft
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote