4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 11-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Talking Water vs Wine

Water vs Wine

As Ben Franklin said: "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."

In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop.

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer, tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember:
Water = Poop

Wine = Health

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of sh*t.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:57 PM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Hmmm....................

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:07 AM   #3
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
Water vs Wine

As Ben Franklin said: "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."

In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop.

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer, tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember:
Water = Poop

Wine = Health

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of sh*t.

ROFLMAO! So glad i'm doing the right thing cheers!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:08 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Oh Sheryl thank you so much for laying that out on the table for us....OR is that you laid out on the table....LOLOL

Never been a wine drinker (beer drinker, yes) but you're making it sound better and better all the time.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:19 AM   #5
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Oh Sheryl thank you so much for laying that out on the table for us....OR is that you laid out on the table....LOLOL

Never been a wine drinker (beer drinker, yes) but you're making it sound better and better all the time.

LOL Janet - You are quite a character you know that? hahahahaha

I had beer yesterday while riding Bay. Travels much better in the saddle bag then wine. Besides, Bay LOVES beer! Oh my goodness he loves beer!!
Old 11-10-2007, 12:02 PM   #6
Mandy

Quote:
LOL Janet - You are quite a character you know that? hahahahaha

I had beer yesterday while riding Bay. Travels much better in the saddle bag then wine. Besides, Bay LOVES beer! Oh my goodness he loves beer!!

LMAO! You teaching Bay to be a drinker? hahaha he can join our parties when i come over
Old 11-10-2007, 03:46 PM   #7
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
LMAO! You teaching Bay to be a drinker? hahaha he can join our parties when i come over
I think the guy who owned him before me introduced beer to Bay, LOL. I had a beer on the trailer wheel-well one day, I looked over and Bay had knocked it over and drinking it. He's been given beer ever since! All those hops, barley, etc...all his favorites!! Besides, friends don't let friends drink alone. (or something like that )

Bay's ready for your visit Mandy.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:51 PM   #8
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
I think the guy who owned him before me introduced beer to Bay, LOL. I had a beer on the trailer wheel-well one day, I looked over and Bay had knocked it over and drinking it. He's been given beer ever since! All those hops, barley, etc...all his favorites!! Besides, friends don't let friends drink alone. (or something like that )

Bay's ready for your visit Mandy.

So funny!!!

One summer we went fishing at this pond in some field. Well, we saw a horse up by the truck, but didn't think anything about it. An hour or so later this horse came walking up and I swear smelled like BBQ. Couldn't understand why his breath smelled like that.

When we got ready to go home, the bag of BBQ Fritos that were in the truck were gone....LOLOL Next time we rolled the windows up...LOLOL
Old 11-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #9
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
So funny!!!

One summer we went fishing at this pond in some field. Well, we saw a horse up by the truck, but didn't think anything about it. An hour or so later this horse came walking up and I swear smelled like BBQ. Couldn't understand why his breath smelled like that.

When we got ready to go home, the bag of BBQ Fritos that were in the truck were gone....LOLOL Next time we rolled the windows up...LOLOL
Oh Janet - Yes horses are soooo curious, just like kids. I had my "old" truck one day in Bay's pasture unloading wood shavings for his stall. Idiot me left my truck windows down. Seeing Bay sticking his head into the truck I just didn't think nothing about it. Well......Getting back into the truck to go home I see he muched a huge hunk outta the steering wheel cover. From that day on I ROLL UP ALL MY WINDOWS.

Plus I put all my tack away...I had an awesome pair of reins chewed and munched on my my friends horse. It's never ending with these guys, sheesh!!

Fritos! That's funny. I bet that horse needed a beer after that snack. LOL
Old 11-11-2007, 11:05 AM   #10
katepoet

I would guess from their large size, relative to us, that beer guzzling horses don't get drunk on a bottle of their favorite ale. Not surprised that they like it. Bet it's not on the standard diet you'd get from the vet, though!
katepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:12 AM   #11
katepoet

I wondered how much beer is safe for horses or if it is a common thing to share one with them so I googled "beer safe for horses" I found a song, and lots of fun sites about horses and about beers and ales. Nothing about how quickly horses metabolize alcohol but a lot more fun!
katepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:19 AM   #12
Mandy

Quote:
Oh Janet - Yes horses are soooo curious, just like kids. I had my "old" truck one day in Bay's pasture unloading wood shavings for his stall. Idiot me left my truck windows down. Seeing Bay sticking his head into the truck I just didn't think nothing about it. Well......Getting back into the truck to go home I see he muched a huge hunk outta the steering wheel cover. From that day on I ROLL UP ALL MY WINDOWS.

Plus I put all my tack away...I had an awesome pair of reins chewed and munched on my my friends horse. It's never ending with these guys, sheesh!!

Fritos! That's funny. I bet that horse needed a beer after that snack. LOL

ROFL! Glad he didnt chew up your car seat - sorry, but this is too funny, chewing seating wheel covers. Gotta love em
Old 11-11-2007, 03:06 PM   #13
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
ROFL! Glad he didnt chew up your car seat - sorry, but this is too funny, chewing seating wheel covers. Gotta love em

LOL! Big teeth, big hunks/damage.