4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Polls

Old 07-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #16
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

At the moment, there is no husband.

I don't do much of anything, except wash the dishes. The laundry goes out, the cleaning woman cleans, dinner is almost always take out, and Max is easy to take care of. I do bake muffins for lunch and shop every couple of weeks for groceries. I iron whatever needs ironing too!

I was very lucky with both ex's. They understood that to marry me, is to not expect
any kind of domesticity (is there such a word?) They both eventually did the laundry, shopped, cooked, did the dishes, and the only time I didn't have a cleaning person was when my daughter was a baby. I bleached everything!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:17 AM   #17
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Sure wish I could afford someone to come in and help me. My son does really good, but he's 16 and shouldn't have to help quite as much as he does. He's a great young man.

Glad he's not taking after his father. I would love to have some help. I feel, if I have to do it all myself, what the heck do I need him (hubby) for? Not worth it! I really do envy you Judy....to be on your own.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:56 PM   #18
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Sure wish I could afford someone to come in and help me. My son does really good, but he's 16 and shouldn't have to help quite as much as he does. He's a great young man.

Glad he's not taking after his father. I would love to have some help. I feel, if I have to do it all myself, what the heck do I need him (hubby) for? Not worth it! I really do envy you Judy....to be on your own.

The best thing about being alone is that I have 100% remote privileges!
I like being on my own for now. Some people feel they need a partner.
Everybody's different.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:10 PM   #19
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy
The best thing about being alone is that I have 100% remote privileges!
LOL! I'm pretty lucky when it comes to that because my husband and I RARELY watch tv and when we do, we watch one of two shows that we are both obsessed with (The 4400 on USA and Heroes on NBC).

Having only one computer for a while was interesting though, so now we have two...
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:50 AM   #20
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Not to interrupt this thread, but The 4400 is intriguing me. I never watched the show.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:28 PM   #21
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy
Not to interrupt this thread, but The 4400 is intriguing me. I never watched the show.
It's amazing! You should go to the4400.com if you'd like to see what it's all about. It's very interesting and really makes you think...
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:49 AM   #22
bustyonion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvShoes
This is going to make me sound like a horrible wife, but my hubby does more housework than I do! I got really lucky!!
Same here! I have a wonderful housewife.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #23
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustyonion
Same here! I have a wonderful housewife.
Nina, it's nice to have you back!!! I noticed that you joined quite a long time ago but haven't posted much. I hope that you have time now to join us in our chatter. Again, Welcome Back!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:40 AM   #24
katepoet

My husband does the grocery shopping. He and our son do their own laundry. They carry mine up and down the stairs for me and sometimes help me put it away. Everyone pitches in on the household laundry like linens or the dog's things.

Our son does most of the dishes. They each do their own and some joint cooking. (We all have different diets.) They aren't very good at house cleaning though they mean to be .

They take care of the dog although I bathe Bowser. They make his dinner each day and take him out and play with him. They do a lot of repairs and hang curtain rods and things like that - which is nice - my hands don't do tools much anymore.
katepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:43 AM   #25
DianaB

Kate, it sounds like your family is really good at helping you out. They must be really special guys!!!! You are a blessed woman!!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:47 AM   #26
katepoet

Yes. Although - I do wish they would sweep and mop and vacuum and scrub the bathrooms on a regular basis.... lol!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:55 AM   #27
DianaB

Just be thankful for what they do do!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:32 PM   #28
katepoet

Everyday! And I am so blessed to live with to kind, considerate, polite and gentle men!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:19 AM   #29
Oregon Elephant

I am my wife's husband that helps out around the house. We have the choirs pretty much devided up between the two of use. I do the cooking, the dishes (putting them away), and vacuuming. But my wife also works on call with a day spa, so there are days that she stays home all day, so she ends up doing much of the house cleaning out of boredom.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:00 AM   #30
katepoet

Who knew elephants came from Oregon? Must be a new species! lol Are they all characterized by such considerate and cooperative behavior and the ability to speak in English as well as the many dialects of Africa and Asia?