4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 12-01-2007, 10:22 AM   #1
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Could you ladies help me out??

Brenny and I are working on a web design project for one of our classes. Could you go to this site and tell me what you think? We still have a lot to do so not all of the pages are available yet.

If you have any layout, color scheme, design advice of ANY kind, PLEASE tell me!

Also, we are trying to make sure it looks alright in all the different browsers and such so if you have problems, let me know. Thanks!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I think it looks fine. I'm really not good at this sort of thing. I do have my website, but I just go by what I like....not the public, like I should...lol, plus it only has so much I can work with.

Is any of the info on it real? Just curious.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:08 PM   #3
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I think it looks fine. I'm really not good at this sort of thing. I do have my website, but I just go by what I like....not the public, like I should...lol, plus it only has so much I can work with.

Is any of the info on it real? Just curious.
No, it's all made up. The names were given to us by the professor, the biography and logos and such we made up. It's been a fun project, but now it's getting to be stressful since it's due on Tuesday. I feel like we still have SO much to do. I know we'll get done, I just get worried and anxious during this part of the semester.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
Old 12-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #4
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I think it looks great. As Janet say, I'm not real good at this sorta stuff either.

Sure seems like a lot of work - Boye! You are busy!! You being as dedicated as you are will have no problem of finishing your project intime for Tuesday. No worries.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:46 PM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

That looks really nice, Angie! I especially liked how you have the name of the store. Very nice and elegant.

I don't know if you're wanting a more sophisticated look with the black and grays but there wasn't much color. I'm sure that you're aware and that's the look you wanted but I thought that I would mention it any way. You're bound to get a good grade on it!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 09:00 PM   #6
katepoet

I'm using firefox, Angie. The site is really sharp looking - I would hire you to design mine, The only thing that wasn't working was the font in the paragraphs. In my browser the font has very little white space between the lines of text and feels unpolished, unlike the rest of your work. The rest is excellent.
katepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #7
AngieDoogles

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Kate, do you mind if I ask what browser you are using? I can probably fix the problem with the text...

Diana, we might add a splash of color before Tuesday. We were working very hard to get it done on time, so we focused on content and now we can focus on making it "pretty".
Old 12-02-2007, 08:03 AM   #8
katepoet

As I said, I am using firefox which is always updated. I am running windows XP.
katepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:44 AM   #9
Mandy

That looks very good Angie, i would give you guys an A+ If you dont mind, please show us again after you add color, so we can see the difference, and give opinions.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #10
highlans

I love the look of the black and grays.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:51 AM   #11
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I really like it Angie, now that you've had some items and color. You two are doing a great job.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:46 AM   #12
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I really like it, Angie!! That was just the right amount of color! You'll surely get an "A" on this one!!! Great Job!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:38 PM   #13
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It's really beautiful I love the black and white home page, etc. The lettering and the graphics are really classy. The site is very user friendly also, which is so important.

Some of the items have no price, and I would put color on the male accessories, or just use plain black ones.

I love the blurb about the owner!

I'm giving you an A+

judy is offline   Reply With Quote