4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 12-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Treadmill

Well ladies...I've walked on my treadmill a few times and I must say....IT'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

It's so much easier walking down the road, but it's just to to cold and windy. I love walking, just not on my treadmill.

I thought I ought to walk a little bit because my knees have been aching a bit. Sitting on the bus getting bounced around and then getting up (with this weight), it can't be good on the knees.

So I will continue to try and walk a little bit each day. It's going to take me a while to get some time and speed up, but I'm in no hurry as of yet. I'm not even thnking of the weight part of it just trying to keep the knees limbered up.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Good for you, Janet!! I'm proud of you! I need to exercise too. I bought an exercise ball a while back but I need to pump it up a little more. My daughter loaned me an excercise video to go with it so I'm thinking that after the holidays I'll try to put it to good use.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

That's great Janet. I wish I would exercise more too. I just want to be more healthy overall and I feel like I've not been very active at all lately. Maybe I should go to the gym tomorrow. You've inspired me! Keep up the good work!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:38 AM   #4
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Good for you Janet, i also love to go for long walks in the woods with Dounia, it's so relaxing. I dont have a treadmill, but wish i had one, specially when it's raining.

You know, i wish my friend thats your age, that has bad knees, and back, and is overweight was as inspired as you! I'm proud of you!!
Old 12-14-2007, 04:25 AM   #5
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Good for you Janet. Just a little each day and hopefully it wont hurt your knees too bad.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:50 AM   #6
Janet

Hold on ladies...I'm not exactly going for the 'gold' right now...lol. My knees have been aching a bit because of the cold weather for one and being overweight I'm sure. I'm just really taking it slow and I do mean slow right now. I just can't seem to get motivated so one day it may be 10 minutes the next just 3-5 minutes. At least I'm doing a little something.

I'm with you Diana...I really want to try again to lose some of this weight after the holiday meals are through. Would be foolish on my part to try beforehand.

Don't know if I mentioned it before, but when I went in to the Dr. for my checkup and all, I told him how disgusted I was with my weight. That I tried all kinds of diets (he knew all this anyway), but was hoping to learn more about Weight Watchers because I had heard it was one of the best ways to lose. That I had tried it a little bit, but didn't really know all the details to make it work for me yet. He said that it was, but he wanted to make sure about my thyroid. I go back in January because he had adjusted my meds...so we'll see. He also hinted about giving me something for my weight. I don't want to take any more pills, so I hope that is not what he had in mind. It would be a last resort for me.

I know a few of you here do WW and I know I've said it before and will keep saying it until I get it right, but I AM GOING TO TRY AGAIN.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Do NOT take Bontril to lose weight!!!!!!! My daughter works in a pharmacy and she's personally seen 2 different people who were on this have mental problems. It's one of the side effects and what she's seen is very serious. So PLEASE don't take this medicine.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:02 PM   #8
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB
Do NOT take Bontril to lose weight!!!!!!! My daughter works in a pharmacy and she's personally seen 2 different people who were on this have mental problems. It's one of the side effects and what she's seen is very serious. So PLEASE don't take this medicine.
Don't worry Diana...I don't want to take ANY pills for weightloss. I just don't think they are safe...any of them. I'm just curious what he had in mind. I'd rather try the weight watchers program, but need so much more information. IF I decide to do that, I will attend the meetings for awhile until I get the hang of it, I think it would help me know more of what to do. But hey, let's not talk about weightloss yet....plenty of time for that after the New Year....LOL
Old 12-15-2007, 03:45 PM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

He's wise to want your thyroid checked. Maybe that's the meds he means if you need it.

I'm also waiting until after the holidays to try again. I know what you mean!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote