4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 01-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Gracie Leigh gets spayed tomorrow

Tomorrow's the big day for little Gracie Leigh! I feel so bad for her. She's a real little sweetie, (except when she's stealing treats from Max). I love to cuddle with her - she lets me hold her like a baby. She's my little sweet girl.

I asked the vet tech if anyone would be there tomorrow night, since she's sleeping over. She said no, so I told her I would take GL home and bring her back in the morning. She advised me not to - she had done the same thing with her cat and was really sorry. She said she's better off just getting cage rest and not being carried, going home, coming back, etc. I felt that since she had tried it, I would take her advice.

My daughter keeps teasing me - she keeps asking me if I'm going to sleep in the car with Max outside of the vet's office tomorrow night.

I might.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Judy let me understand this , your vet will be doing the spaying tomorrow, and of course they keep them overnight. No one will be in there watching over her? Gee I hate to say this but I hate that thought the whole purpose is for them to keep an eye on her.. Gucci was spayed a few years ago, but where I take her is a hospital they are open 24/7 and full of techs. I guess having one of the largest vet hospital in the country close by spoils us... I wish you would have said something I would have told you to come here. It's only an hr. away from you..

I am sure she will be ok she just needs to rest and not run around. Good luck to GL hugs and kisses oxoxo from Gucci and me..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Judy, you need to bring Gracie Leigh to the computer....I'll wait.......

Gracie Leigh, honey, you are going to be away from Mommy for just a little while. Your Mommy has lots of friends here and at YT who will be keeping you in their prayers for very speedy recovery. Now you do what you're suppose to do...rest and don't be afraid. You'll be home before you know it.

Okay, she'll be just fine Judy, so don't worry....too much. Emilee, Gidget, Fancy, Joey and Penny all wish her a quick recovery.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Judy, you need to bring Gracie Leigh to the computer....I'll wait.......

Gracie Leigh, honey, you are going to be away from Mommy for just a little while. Your Mommy has lots of friends here and at YT who will be keeping you in their prayers for very speedy recovery. Now you do what you're suppose to do...rest and don't be afraid. You'll be home before you know it.

Okay, she'll be just fine Judy, so don't worry....too much. Emilee, Gidget, Fancy, Joey and Penny all wish her a quick recovery.

Thanks Aunt Janet! My Mommy gave me a special supper tonight and I'm going to sleep on her head again tonight. She said she's going to put her pajama shirt in my cage so I don't get lonesome, but she's the one who's going to cry!

Max will be sad too. I'll be too tired to care! Thanks for your prayers everyone.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #5
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Judy let me understand this , your vet will be doing the spaying tomorrow, and of course they keep them overnight. No one will be in there watching over her? Gee I hate to say this but I hate that thought the whole purpose is for them to keep an eye on her.. Gucci was spayed a few years ago, but where I take her is a hospital they are open 24/7 and full of techs. I guess having one of the largest vet hospital in the country close by spoils us... I wish you would have said something I would have told you to come here. It's only an hr. away from you..

I am sure she will be ok she just needs to rest and not run around. Good luck to GL hugs and kisses oxoxo from Gucci and me..

Thanks Gina. I love my vet, so I probably would have used her anyway. I also thought the idea was to keep an eye on them. I guess it's so they get proper rest, although I would certainly feel a lot better if somebody was there!

Old 01-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Tell Gracie Leigh that Reuger and I will be saying a prayer for her and for a fast recovery. She'll be fine but it sure does make us worry. They're just so small and so much like a baby that we have to worry over them.

Judy, I can just picture you and Max curled up in a blanket waiting in the car! But we all know exactly how you feel!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:20 AM   #7
Janet

Judy, let us know how everything went as soon as you can...

Keeping Gracie Leigh in prayer today!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:44 AM   #8
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Judy, probably won't see our posts until Gracie Leigh gets home. I bet that she doesn't have wireless internet in her car!!!!! (love ya', Judy!)

Please let us know how she's doing as soon as you can. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers today!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #9
Gina

Hey Judy, I know that all went well, just checking in to see if you posted. Gracie Leigh will be home tomorrow before you know it.. Let us know later how your both faring...

Diana is right I can see you camping out all night with your blanket lol, waiting for your little girl to be released and back home..... God love these little ones...
Old 01-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I just called and she's out of surgery, in recovery, sleeping away. Thank goodness everything over is and she's okay.

I took Max to be groomed right from the vet, figuring I'd have some dog-free time to do a couple of things, but he was groomed so fast, I took him for a walk, went to a couple of stores and came home.

We would have stayed out longer because it's a beautiful day, but I either pulled a ligament or twisted a bone in my knee a few weeks ago and it really hurt today.

I don't know if he misses GL or what, but he has disappeared. I thought he'd take advantage since she's not here to snuggle with Mommy, but not yet.

Thanks for your prayers and I'll keep you posted.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:33 PM   #11
Gina

So glad to hear that everything went well.. Sorry to hear about your knee how did you do that? Try to stay off your feet tonight keep it elevated, if it persists Judy you should see a dr.

Glad that you enjoyed part of the day isn't this crazy this weather. It is about 60 degrees and tomorrow its going to be 64 degrees .. I'm loving it though! LOL

What time are you picking up GL ? Enjoy your quality time with Max tonight..
Old 01-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #12
Janet

So glad to hear Gracie Leigh is out of surgery and doing fine. They sure can make us worry though can't they. I know you'll be glad when you can get her home.

I don't remember you saying anything about a twisted knee. Try to stay off of it as much as possible and hopefully it will get better soon.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #13
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I'm glad she's doing well Judy. Thanks for the update.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #14
Janet

Judy have you got Gracie Leigh home yet?
Old 01-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #15
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yup! I posted on the other thread now!