4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 02-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #16
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Do the patches make you sleepy Marilyn? The few things I have tried just knocked me out... so I am literally drugged to sleep when I should be enjoying my trip. Kind of takes the fun out of it, so I've just given up on traveling.

I can't travel as a passenger in a car either. I'm usually fine if I drive but need to take a container with to ride... especially in the back seat! Makes travel less than fun.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:11 AM   #17
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Tahiti - alone! I would take a wonderful man with me, but I don't have one at the moment.

I can see it now - laying on the beach, going in the water, going whale watching, eating fruit, back to the beach. Mmmmmmmm.......

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #18
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Your idea does sound heavenly....but definitely without a man...LOL I'd end up having to clean up after him too...LOL
Old 02-04-2008, 06:12 PM   #19
Marilyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Do the patches make you sleepy Marilyn? The few things I have tried just knocked me out... so I am literally drugged to sleep when I should be enjoying my trip. Kind of takes the fun out of it, so I've just given up on traveling.

I can't travel as a passenger in a car either. I'm usually fine if I drive but need to take a container with to ride... especially in the back seat! Makes travel less than fun.
They don't make me sleepy at all. That's why I like them so much. Dramamine makes me really sleepy and spaced out, so I really avoid taking it unless there is no other option. It takes me a day to clear my head after taking Dramamine, so puts a damper on the trip.

I really can't feel much of anything from the scopalomine, I just don't get motion sick. I have thought that it might make me a little more thirsty than usual, that's the only thing.

Sounds like you might be a little worse with the sickness than I am, and I thought I was the worst. You wouldn't want to use the patch all the time, I wouldn't think, but for a trip, I'd definitely suggest giving it a try. It has made my life more pleasant.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #20
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I would go to South Africa. I'm working on hopefully moving to Australia next year, and I've seriously looked into trips to Europe. South Africa is like the unattainable dream to me.
Oh, and I'd probably take one of my girl friends from back home who I've lost touch with lately.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:50 AM   #21
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lindsey,

Did you see Mandy's pictures of South Africa, or were you away?

They'll make you want to go there even more.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:58 AM   #22
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I saw the song and video, was that it? Some friends of my parents are going on a safari there soon, and it's costing them a LOT of money. I don't think I'll ever be rich enough to travel there

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:33 PM   #23
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
defintely a trip to Ireland. I would take my husband, John. It is one of our big dreams. We hope to be able to spend a month there on our 10th anniversary. I am not sure it will ever happen, but by that time we will only have one child still at home and she will come with us.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:32 PM   #24
Marilyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandra Amaya
defintely a trip to Ireland. I would take my husband, John. It is one of our big dreams. We hope to be able to spend a month there on our 10th anniversary. I am not sure it will ever happen, but by that time we will only have one child still at home and she will come with us.
I hope your dream comes true!!!! Haven't been to Ireland, but England and Scotland are very nice!! but expensive!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote