4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > 4WT Recipes

Old 03-05-2008, 05:36 AM   #1
1hotmomma

Question looking for........

a recipe for corn pudding.

I had this dish at Calhouns restaurant in Piegon Forge Tenn. I am looking for something close to that recipe. It is sorta like a thick cream corn that is cooked like a casserole. Thanks so much for any help finding this recipe.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I haven't personally made this but I know that my sister-in-law uses a Jiffy cornbread mix in her corn pudding recipe. There are a lot of similiar recipes on the internet. Some have more butter, or sugar, or some other ingredient. Here's a recipe that I found that I would try if I were looking for a recipe. Corn pudding is delicious!!!

Corn Pudding

Ingredients :
Mix:
1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1/3 cup of melted margarine
2 eggs
Add:
1-1 lb. can of whole kernel corn (drained)
1-1 lb. can of cream style corn
1 cup of sour cream

This can be mixed in the same dish that it is baked in to save on clean up.

Instructions :
Pour into a 2 quart buttered baking dish. Bake at 325 degrees for 35-45 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. This is a delicious and easy-fix recipe that is great to prepare ahead and pop in the oven. It was given to me by a friend (at least 20 years ago) who attended the same church we did in SW Ohio. She was a school teacher and would take this often to luncheons because she could bake it in her crockpot and then take the warming element to set it in until time for lunch! Our family never has a carry in pot-luck dinner without this dish!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
pope1982

Arroz con leche (rice pudding)

1/2 cup rice
1 1/2 cups water
lemon peel
1 small cinnamon stick
4 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
ground cinnamon

Cook the rice in the water lemon peel and cinnamon stick until soft, about 10 minutes.
Add the milk, salt, vanilla and sugar.
Bring to jut under a boil and turn down the heat.
Cook at medium low heat uncovered until it gets thick and rice has absorbed most of the milk.
Stir once in a while so it wont stick.
take out the cinnamon stick and pour into bowl or small ramekins.
Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Enjoy!

Grapenut pudding

1 cup grapenuts
1/2 cup sugar (more or less to taste)
4 eggs
1 quart milk scalded
1 tablespoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Pour scalded milk over grapenuts. Let stand for 5 minutes. Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add milk and grapenuts. Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle generously with nutmeg and/or cinnamon. Set in a pan of hot water and bake until a knife inserted 1 inch from the center comes out clean.
Baking time 45 to 55 minutes.

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
6-8 bananas, sliced
2 cup milk
1 5-ounce box instant French vanilla pudding
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 12-ounce container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whip

Line the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.

In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
pope1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
pearl

oh pope gotta try Not Yo Momma's!!!
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #5
pope1982

I have it saved in my documents under recipes, haven't attempted it yet on garbage gut. I don't really care for bananas, but he eats a couple a day when we have them.
It's one of Paula Deen's, got to love her!

The grapenut pudding is something my momma always made recently made her give me her recipe lol
pope1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:41 AM   #6
1hotmomma

thanks

I am going to try thses hopefully this week -- my family just loves my experiments!!!lol
Old 03-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #7
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotmomma
a recipe for corn pudding.

I had this dish at Calhouns restaurant in Piegon Forge Tenn. I am looking for something close to that recipe. It is sorta like a thick cream corn that is cooked like a casserole. Thanks so much for any help finding this recipe.
I'm glad someone was able to give you a recipe. I just wanted to note that I live pretty close to Pigeon Forge. It's a fun place to visit. Enjoy your corn pudding!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #8
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Anyone else notice that this thread is titled "looking for...." and it's by 1hotmomma. So on the page before this it reads "looking for...1hotmomma." I thought it was pretty funny.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #9
CoyoteQueen

yeah........she is feeling a little full of herself these days!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #10
1hotmomma

coyote - be nice to me we are related.....
Old 03-07-2008, 05:41 AM   #11
CoyoteQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotmomma
coyote - be nice to me we are related.....
Im being nice!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #12
catlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieDoogles
Anyone else notice that this thread is titled "looking for...." and it's by 1hotmomma. So on the page before this it reads "looking for...1hotmomma." I thought it was pretty funny.
I noticed that, but I thought I'd be polite (for a change!) and not say anything!
Old 03-07-2008, 05:38 PM   #13
pearl

i love grapenuts.
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:18 AM   #14
CoyoteQueen

Pearl, Im pretty sure I have recipes for homemade grapenuts!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #15
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB
I haven't personally made this but I know that my sister-in-law uses a Jiffy cornbread mix in her corn pudding recipe. There are a lot of similiar recipes on the internet. Some have more butter, or sugar, or some other ingredient. Here's a recipe that I found that I would try if I were looking for a recipe. Corn pudding is delicious!!!

Corn Pudding

Ingredients :
Mix:
1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1/3 cup of melted margarine
2 eggs
Add:
1-1 lb. can of whole kernel corn (drained)
1-1 lb. can of cream style corn
1 cup of sour cream

This can be mixed in the same dish that it is baked in to save on clean up.

Instructions :
Pour into a 2 quart buttered baking dish. Bake at 325 degrees for 35-45 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. This is a delicious and easy-fix recipe that is great to prepare ahead and pop in the oven. It was given to me by a friend (at least 20 years ago) who attended the same church we did in SW Ohio. She was a school teacher and would take this often to luncheons because she could bake it in her crockpot and then take the warming element to set it in until time for lunch! Our family never has a carry in pot-luck dinner without this dish!

Diana I have made the jiffy corn bread and it is delicious.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote