4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 03-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
pearl

i'm checking out another job

right now i'm doing Home Health, i like it but it is long hours. i have to work full time and this turns out being 50 hours per week or more. part i can do at home, which is the bonus with being a single mom...but i'm tired.

this job works in 14 low income senior highrises checking blood pressures, medications, how people are getting along, and putting them in touch with services for low income people if needed.
it's with my same company. i always liked working with seniors and the down-and-outers. gonna talk to HR tomorrow to see more about it.
who knows!
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #2
CoyoteQueen

I love it when you get a change of scenery but dont lose your built up benifits!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
yorkiemalt

Is there much of a pay difference Pearl? I bet you're tired....you work hard!
yorkiemalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
I love home health. I really wanted to be an activities director. I worked in a nursing home for six years. We would leave crying because you can not do enough for each patient. you are lucky to keep them dry through the night. We do not have enough people in the medical field. I would love to go back to it, but I lost my CNA while in LPN school. i let it expire thinking "why do I need a CNA when I will be an LPN?". Three months away from graduation, I missed one clinical hour too many and even with straight A's, I was out of the program. I would love to go back, but I have to pay back my pell grant first. Maybe someday... Pearl wahat you do is very hard, but very rewarding. I know what you mean by being tired but they become your family. I still worry about the patients I had and cry when I see one of their names in the obituaries. Good luck on this new position!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #5
pearl

don't know about pay yet, i wouyldn't know till i interviewed if i'm even interested.
i worked in a nursing home chandra for over 3 years, that is so true about becomeing attached to them. it is sooo rrewarding, while being very hard too. i loved it.
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote