4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 06-17-2008, 01:14 PM   #16
teri88

In order to feel really rested I need 9 hours. I used to be in bed by 9:30 every night. But, a couple of months ago my husband started a second job and he doesn't get home until 10. So, I stay up to see him and talk to him. Otherwise I'd only see him on the weekends. Now that summer vacation is here I'm looking forward to sleeping a bit later. My son could sleep around the clock if I let him. My daughter only needs 5 or 6 hours. She's always been like that. As a 3 year old I had her trained that if she woke up she had to stay in her room and play quietly and not wake anyone else up. She used to go to bed at 10 and be up by 4:30 or 5 am. Now, she's up till midnight every night and back up at 6 for school. I always think about how much I could accompliish if that was all of the sleep I needed!

Of course I'm in shape. Isn't round a shape?
teri88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:17 AM   #17
Ponyup

Quote:
Originally Posted by teri88 View Post
In order to feel really rested I need 9 hours. I used to be in bed by 9:30 every night. But, a couple of months ago my husband started a second job and he doesn't get home until 10. So, I stay up to see him and talk to him. Otherwise I'd only see him on the weekends. Now that summer vacation is here I'm looking forward to sleeping a bit later. My son could sleep around the clock if I let him. My daughter only needs 5 or 6 hours. She's always been like that. As a 3 year old I had her trained that if she woke up she had to stay in her room and play quietly and not wake anyone else up. She used to go to bed at 10 and be up by 4:30 or 5 am. Now, she's up till midnight every night and back up at 6 for school. I always think about how much I could accompliish if that was all of the sleep I needed!
My brother is the same way, he never sleeps. 5 hours is a good night's sleep for him & he's totally fine. If I only got 5 hours sleep I would probably have a mental episode, mame anyone in the vacinity & then go into a coma for a week.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:00 AM   #18
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyup View Post
I've never been a morning person....it's a major undertaking to drag myself out of bed at 7:15 every morning. Part of it could be though that I'm not at all satisfied with my job & i dread going to work. They say that can make a difference. All my friends laugh at me because on work nights I have to be in bed between 9 & 10. And anyone who dares to call me after nine will feel my wrathe.
im the same way with my phone, actually i almost pulled my home phone out, Mikes friends call at all hours, so i shut off the ringers, and put a new message on my answering machine, which says, we are at work or busy with the baby, please leave a message and the first chance we get we will get back to you!
If not they call and call, then they call our cells phones, they drive me nuts!
I actually have the same message on my cell phone as well. I don't know why people keep calling when they know you have a baby and you are probably busy with your baby.