4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 09-27-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Whiplash!

"Life's what happens while you're making plans" has great significance for me right now. As of yesterday things turned so drastically that my head is spinning!

I got a call yesterday from the bank I truned down a job with in early August. They offered me significantly more money and some very attractive percs to reconsider. They defintely got my attention!

So I asked for a couple days to decide and got on the phone with the home health people I had been planning to sign on with. Since medical insurance is a major factor in my working, I pressed to know how much a policy for just dh and I would cost. They held out until today, then finally admitted that for dh and I, the monthly premium would be over $800! Also, I was being offered a job as assistant liason rather than working directly with the clients in their homes... which is really what I wanted to do. So NO thank you!

So anyway, I've decided to accept the bank supervisor job that I turned down before. I turned in my resignation at my current job today, then had a nice chat with my manager there who told me if I would just finish out this week he'd be willing to let me go with very good referrences from him. I'm glad I don't have to do a full 2 weeks even though I did offer to.

So how's that for a quick turn-around manuever? From a medicare claims processor to a bank supervisor in under 24 hrs.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
May5

Wow congratulations! That sounds great! I can't believe health benefits were $800!!! That's crazy.... anyhoo, I'm glad you found a job you're happy with Hope everything works out great!
Old 09-27-2006, 04:54 PM   #3
Kimberley

That's great! Good things come to those that wait.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:13 PM   #4
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Congrats!!! I'm glad you got the job you like
Old 09-28-2006, 04:40 AM   #5
jck4b

You should be very proud of yourself !! They must think quit highly of you, & I'm sure you've worked hard to earn this. Congraulations!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 05:32 AM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
WAY TO GO TINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS GIRL!!!!!

What a great opportunity for you. I hope it's very fulfilling and everything you hope it to be......
Old 09-29-2006, 08:02 AM   #7
magnolia

CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm so happy for you Everything happens for a reason. And I'm glad you don't have to work the 2 weeks out! Are you going to take next week off and then start your new job the following Monday or are you diving right in?

"Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been"....Jimmy Buffett
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:27 PM   #8
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Thanks ladies!

I got word today that I'm to start on Monday.
The following 2 weeks I will go away for 4 days of training each week. They're going to set me up in a hotel, all expenses paid, so it should be a nice change of pace. I'll only be a few hours from home, but too far to drive it every day.

I'm excited and glad to be starting this new job. I have my fingers crossed that I'll like it and do well.