4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 08-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
Skippy's Mom

Angry Uugggg

Hi All, I just got off the phone with my Mom and found out she is taking my Aunt to the eye dr. tomorrow. Why be angry about this? Well- my Aunt has taken advantage of my Mom for yrs, my Mom always says yes- even in the middle of the night-my Aunt could drive herself. My Mom is 76-an old 76. My Aunt is 65-very irresponsible and never been married. My husband's Mom told me when people are not married- they end up only thinking of themselves. This woman is so upsetting. I've gotten into it with her over this before. My Mom has trouble walking at times, is forgetful and a push-over. She will not tell her NO-I don't want to hurt her feelings-she says.I'm SO MAD!
Old 08-25-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
Dobie

I obviously don't know the situation - but since your aunt never married, could she be lonely and looking for ways to spend time with your mom? It might also make your mom feel needed to bring her to these appointments.
Dobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:26 PM   #3
Skippy's Mom

That's what my Aunt said for the reasons she calls my Mom. "I thought she liked it"--when I put a stop to it- she never called my Mom. It's never for a visit, only when she needs something. When she did schedule a "visit" in the spring- she asked my Mom to stop and pick up a pack of cigarrettes for her on the way over. When Mom got there-Auntie was in bed- she was too "tired" to visit with my Mom.-but leave the cigs on the table"
No one knows the situation, I know I sound mean. It's my Dad's sister- we've taken alot over the years.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
Skippy's Mom

I am from YT....was addicted for a while. Then life got busy again-looking forward to some low time.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:55 PM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Do you have the same name on YT? I'm Yorkie3 there, but really don't go there as often as I use to.