4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Entertainment & Shopping

Old 08-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #31
Dobie

Great tip Diana!! I'm going to try that the next time I go clothes shopping.
Dobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:40 PM   #32
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
I type in coupon code and the store. I use them constantly for ordering pizza. I will not order a pizza without my codes now. I get 20% off my order at most places by creating a new account and using a coupon for your first on-line order.
I don't shop a lot on-line other than ordering pizza, but if I were to start, I would check coupon codes before hitting checkout.
I am particular about some things like cleaners, but I stock up when they are on sale. Clothes? I could care less about a name in them. I just buy what we think is cute and is cheap. I don't buy much for myself unless its on a clearance rack.

Always check for clearance items before you buy off the normal shelf. The same thing may be marked down to 50% off just because it has a messed up package and if it not something we are eating why would I care if the box is bent?
Old 08-28-2008, 06:34 AM   #33
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Thanks Traci and everyone. These are some really great tips for saving money!
Old 08-28-2008, 07:40 PM   #34
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

I just had to share this, since Tracy mentioned the clearance racks. I hit the clearance rack at Dillards early this summer and found a really pretty red blouse that was leftover from Christmas. It was marked from $59 down to $14.75. I tried it on and realized why it was on clearance. It had buttons that were way to far apart, and it gaped open in the front, big time. I tried pulling it off over my head buttoned, and it slipped right off, so I bought it and plan to stitch it up the front with it buttoned, and use it as a pull over. I also found a blouse at Ross that was marked down really low and it had the same problem, with too few buttons. It was linen, so had no stretch. I bought it and bought some inexpensive buttons the right size and color and added a button hole between the existing buttons to double the number, changed out all the buttons and I have a really pretty blouse that I've gotten many complements on for very few dollars.

Just an idea you may keep in mind when checking the clearance rack. Sometimes if you get creative you can really find some buys.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:44 AM   #35
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Great ideas Marilyn. I'm really appreciating all this tips...you all have no idea. I was pretty good at saving, but just didn't realize a few of these ideas.