4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 09-16-2008, 07:24 AM   #16
celstu1

To add a bit more, the reason for the friendship may have been that you were the one who would push him into dating this girl and maybe she is his soulmate. You never know really what the reason was, but its an accomplishment. Unfortunately in theory there is no reason to continue in any kind of relationship.

I know with my guy friend that got married, he lives in my town now, has 2 kids, still married. If were to show up at my door and said Im sorry I know I treated you badly I'd say 'You sure did. Want a beer? Come on in. Whats up?' I am angry at him for sure. I still love him like a friend. Its been about 6 years since Ive talked to him.

When you love someone let them go, if they come back, it was meant to be. Don't hold onto the anger though, I mean you'll be angry for awhile, its just like going through a breakup. Emotionally it will take its toll. It will pass though. Keep that door slightly open in case he comes back and apologizes. If you carry around all this anger and hurt, its only going to hurt you, not him or her.
celstu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:26 AM   #17
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I have never heard that theory, but I like it. I've been through enough breakups now that I don't NEED him there to help me get over it. I do have other friends.. not many that I feel THAT close to, but still enough. And I'm kind of glad I don't have to deal with his (well, her) drama anymore. I really got sick of listening to him complain about her all day every day.
I liked having him around to always have a guy's opinion on things. But when I think about it, he rarely gave me his real opinion anyway. If I asked what he thought about a new boyfriend, or potential boyfriend, he'd say he loved them, they were great. Then after getting my heart broken it was "I saw this coming, I knew he wasn't right for you, I could tell form the start" and I would say "Why didn't you tell me before?" and he would say "Because you liked him and you were happy"

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote