4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 03:43 PM   #16
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

Hi guys. Thanks for the replies. YES, quite a few of my friends from YT have sent me emails and also info. on other clubs. It has changed. I've been a member since 2006 and I LOVED IT and can't say that I won't miss YT but I can say that I won't miss the crap that's been posted lately. I just don't need the aggrevation and I was finding that lately instead of enjoying down time on there I was only getting stressed with things that were being posted. I'm glad I found 4WomenTalk and I really like the people on here. It is very comfortable and very close because it is a small group. YES it would be nice to have a little section for Yorkies or atleast animals in general if not Yorkies Elaine
Old 09-08-2008, 10:37 AM   #17
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Yorkie Talk Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsygal37 View Post
Hi guys. I just wanted to post here for those on Yorkie Talk that may have been wondering where I am and what is going on. I've been an active member on Yorkie Talk since 2006. This morning I chose to leave Yorkie Talk. Too much garbage is coming onto the site and being allowed to post. I'm not sure how many of you followed the thread in the sick and injured entitled "Help I think my dog is dying." A person came on posting that she got dogs (2 I think) from a farmer (puppy miller) that he gave her the dogs. Next, it was her preacher and the story kept changing. Anyway, she posted the her male was peeing blood and suffering from a bad dental infection. She further posted she intends to breed and that they live outside that they were outside dogs. Well, MANY were upset over this. I personally tried to help her by offering to help find a reputable rescue. She ignored ALL help. Finally MANY got fed up and MANY posts were deleted. I do not believe anyone was rude to this person. At any rate I emailed Yorkie Talk this morning and told them to please close my membership that I no longer wished to be a part of YT. All day under my screen name it stated "no longer a user." This afternoon I received numerous emails from YT friends telling me that "Banned" is now under my screen name. I just want those still active on Yorkie Talk to know that I WAS NOT BANNED. I wasn't even suspended let alone banned. I left on my own as I was tired of trolls coming on and stiring the pot or ignorant people clearly neglecting their dog or abusing their dog and yet longstanding members were getting warnings or suspensions. I left by my own choice. Why Banned was listed under my name I do not know as this was not the case. I have emailed Admin and asked that it be changed as it should be to read "no longer a member." Anyway, I just wanted to vent and let everyone who is a member on YT know what the real story was. It saddens me to not be a part of YT anymore it really does but until things change I truly believe that many more will leave. Elaine
I am very familiar with that thread, I think her story was just a joke.
I pm'd Admin. and asked if you were banned and they told me that you left on your own. They have deleted a lot of my messages so I will stay away from those threads.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #18
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

I think YT stores your email address and if you registered under a different user name with the same email, they will not accept you.
I agree with your suggestions. You will enjoy this site more.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:02 PM   #19
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I don't go on to YT anymore either. I found that in so many threads there was at least one really hurtful, nasty post.

When Gracie died, my daughter found YT on her own, and posted a plea for help in finding me a new dog. I think the 3rd or 4th post down was from some nasty b****. It was so inappropriate.

I also used to love it, met wonderful people, and really learned all about yorkies
from the good people on YT. I found out how to buy a yorkie from some of the pros there (Janet being one of them!), and just found Annie from a wonderful breeder there.

I have to go back on to post a positive thread about this breeder, post some pictures of Annie and put up a memorial thread for Gracie. After that, I'm out of there again.

You can rejoin using another email address and user name. I'm sorry you were treated that way. Usually Admin over there is very good.

I love your rules for YT, by the way.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #20
NicoleMarcelle

i read that thread too, i was very upset by it... i'm not active on yt anymore either (i'm busy w/ school & other forums) i think YT has grown so much they are having a hard time keeping it under control... i really didn't like that posts were getting deleted when genuine members were getting upset...
Old 09-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #21
NicoleMarcelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
there again.

You can rejoin using another email address and user name. I'm sorry you were treated that way. Usually Admin over there is very good.
actually, no you can't.. i'm admin for a different forum and the way we know people are making multiple accounts is from their IP address which is tied to your puter in a particular location, and the system stores it so say you sign on from home, work and friend's house, all those IPs will be in the database under your screenname.
Closed Thread