4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > My Pictures & Videos!

Old 10-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Hickories babies

I had the pups to the vet today for an exam and to remove their dew claws.
He agreed they're all very round and healthy!

I had to take some pics while i had the chance without Hickory standing over them. lol
48hrs old.jpg 48 hrs old 2.jpg
Old 10-13-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
Tiramisu

OH, I wish I could have enough doggies to have puppies year-round!
Old 10-13-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Tink they are so cute. Look at those wavy coats!!
Old 10-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
Tink

Sandy, dh and I were just discussing that. I have SO many more buyers than pups available for them that he's talking about building me a separate building with an office, indoor runs, a puppy viewing area, etc... so I can have winter puppies. He would like to do this WITH me when he retires, so it would be a good long term investment.

We both really enjoy the dogs and their babies; plus it's great to meet so many nice dog-loving people in the process.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

The puppies are so cute all cuddled together. I just love them when they're so little. I wish that I had puppies too!!!

Your indoor kennel sounds like it would be really nice and would really keep your program going in the winter too. Plus you wouldn't have to worry about keeping all of your dogs in the house all winter.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:02 AM   #6
Marilyn

What a cute pile of puppies!!!!! Sounds like you are turning this into a really good retirement plan!!!! It's so wonderful that you have found something that you love doing that allows you to spend time at home. So hope this all works out for you both!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:13 AM   #7
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Oh Tink.. They are soo adorable I just love puppies... Good luck to you sounds like a great plan.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:45 AM   #8
Tiramisu

Tink, I hope it all works out for you. An office "get away" would be neat! Would you expand to more breeds?
Old 10-14-2008, 08:25 AM   #9
Tink

Thanks for the support and kind comments ladies.

Sandy, I think I'd just stick to what I know and love. It's hard enough striving to be a Knowledgeable resource for 2 breeds (used in hybrids) I'm thinking it would be better not to bring more confusion into the mix. I'd rather focus on doing this little niche very well than to range out into others and do both marginally.
I could have 3 more litters in the next few months without ever buying another dog... if the market for them is still good at that time, I might look to add one or 2. If I did that I'd likely hire someone part time to do the cleaning and heavy work while I focus on the sales, marketing, and dogs themselves.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #10
Tiramisu

I like your thinking! You could check the schools and see if there's a kid interested in animals/agriculture to help you out. My vet used high school kids in her office, checking patients, weighing, etc.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:41 AM   #11
Tink

Well I actually have an Amish neighbor who has 9 kids and they're often looking for odd jobs to make some extra cash. They're not opposed to working around animals and getting their hands dirty. I would be very clear about how the animals are to be treated because often their vision of them and ours are quite different, but I think I might be able to work out something with them.

I've lived next to this family for 3+ yrs and have never seen them be cruel or harsh with their animals or children. So I think we'd do ok.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #12
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

What a wonderful idea Tink! You'll both be together, doing something you both love, and providing people with quality pets.

I love the idea!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:19 AM   #13
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink View Post
Well I actually have an Amish neighbor who has 9 kids and they're often looking for odd jobs to make some extra cash. They're not opposed to working around animals and getting their hands dirty. I would be very clear about how the animals are to be treated because often their vision of them and ours are quite different, but I think I might be able to work out something with them.

I've lived next to this family for 3+ yrs and have never seen them be cruel or harsh with their animals or children. So I think we'd do ok.

I bet that they'd be good help. I think that asking them would be a wonderful idea and they live close by.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:30 AM   #14
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Precious babies. Not to change the subject, have the leaves already peeked? I miss them so much. My favorite time of year when we lived in MN.