4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 11-09-2008, 07:33 AM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Dating update

I have been emailing one guy back and forth:

Him
Hi Judy,
Your life sounds exciting at this time, did you get that new puter up and running?

I am going to be down that way the next couple of days, my Mom lives in xxxxx, so leave me a message about you intentions (xxx-xxx-xxxx) and maybe we can get together, as long as you feel comfortable with that idea.

I didn't answer him for about 5 days because I didn't know if I wanted to go out with him.

Me
That sounds like a plan. Let me know when you're coming down my way and we can get together for brunch, lunch, coffee, whatever.

Judy

Him
I have been back and forth, but for our initial meeting, I would drive down especially to meet you, if there is real interest.........give me a night this week, or next weekend.

As in, lets cut to the chase, if you don't mind.

Me
Right now Friday is looking good. How's that for you?

Him
Friday would be fine, where, when, and whatnot.....I could come there, as long as you are comfortable. Did I tell you my first mentor was the original manager of Roxbury Run Village......??
Talk soon

Me
How about meeting up in Margaretville?

Judy

Me
How about the Cafe on Main Street (Domenicos)
785 Main St., Margaretville (845) 586-2343?

You'll have to tell me about your mentor.

Judy

Him
Never heard from him - there went Friday's date!

Here's the other guy I've been emailing

Sunday's date

Him
Thanks for emailing.
I checked out your profile and photos. Actually I don't live IN ******. I listed that because not everyone knows where ***** is. I did grow up in this area. I have been divorsed for several years, have a grown daughter who lives in the area (I'm very proud of her - I still look at her as a gift from God). I'm 6' tall, slim build, 57, excellent health. I have a newish home on a 37 acre hilltop, great neighbors, good friends. I like sports, music, vacationing at the ocean (someplace warm) and spending time with my family. I also like to jog. I have one sister. ActuallyI have a pretty nice life, including an awesome job. I do computer aided drafting and design.
I would like to meet you. Maybe meeting someplace for coffee. What do you say - good idea or a really bad one?
In any event I hope to hear from you. If you would ever prefer to call, it's:

Me
Coffee is good. When are you free? I'll let you know if it works for me.

EveJB

Him
I work m-f (days). Weekends, my schedule is kind of flexible. Do you ever make it in to *****, or would you prefer some other location?

Me
Maybe Sunday brunch or coffee? I'm not close to *****.

Judy

Him
If we meet for coffee on Sunday, where would be a good location for you?

Me
Hi. How about at Cassie's Cafe
Main Street, Roxbury NY 12474
Phone: (607) 326-7020?

I think they close at 2:00 PM

Him
Too much going on this weekend. But I would be available this coming Tuesday. I have that day off.. Does that work for you?

Me
Match.com will send a "No thanks" which I sent.

So, from 2 dates this weekend , I nicely stayed home, ate pumpkin pie, chips and watched DVRed tv shows.

Last edited by judy; 11-09-2008 at 07:35 AM.
judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Now, why did you decline the date on Tuesday instead of the weekend???
Old 11-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
Now, why did you decline the date on Tuesday instead of the weekend???
Good question! For two reasons - First, he let me know this on Thursday or Friday, which screwed up making (nonexistent) Sunday plans. The second reason is because it made me feel like I just wasn't that important. I had plans with him, found a place, and he's now too busy. I don't think it presents who you are well to cancel the first date, unless it's an emergency.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You go girl!!! You have in mind what type of person you would like in your life and you're not taking anything less. I so admire how you're going about this.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:02 PM   #5
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Man it is a jungle out there.. You will find the right one soon.. I am rooting for you!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:40 PM   #6
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
Good question! For two reasons - First, he let me know this on Thursday or Friday, which screwed up making (nonexistent) Sunday plans. The second reason is because it made me feel like I just wasn't that important. I had plans with him, found a place, and he's now too busy. I don't think it presents who you are well to cancel the first date, unless it's an emergency.
You know, that makes perfect sense!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #7
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Wow, Judy. I can't imagine what it would be like to be trying to find a nice guy to meet. Your standards have to be very high. Keep us posted. This is very interesting!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #8
Taurus Babe

One of my BF's is on EHarmony, and man it's a whirlwind dating scene for her. I know what it's been like for her weeding through all the 'fish' out there. I think you are very right to set your standards and stick with it. No need to beat around the bush or make excuses for anyone when you're trying to find someone you are truely compatible with. GOOD LUCK to you. The right person will come along! I'm glad you don't take anyone's crap!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:44 AM   #9
2tiredmom

Judy,

Just one day at a time. I'm sure with the Holiday's coming up Mr Right just hasn't had time to get in touch with you. It will happen. Keep us posted. Love to
read the responses.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #10
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Good things come to those who wait Judy....can you imagine the "hunk of burning love" you're going to end up with.....WOW!!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #11
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Thanks for keeping us updated. I am certain HE will come along someday.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #12
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Good things come to those who wait Judy....can you imagine the "hunk of burning love" you're going to end up with.....WOW!!!!

Ooooh! That is a nice thing to think about!