4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 12-29-2008, 05:29 AM   #1
2tiredmom

Very Hurt.......

Okay I'm gonna see if I can make it though this.
The 27th was my grandson's 2nd birthday.
My Oldest daughter had sent out invites to people to come.
Okay no big deal. Well lets see. All of my ex Husbands family was there.
Aunts, Uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews. I can deal with that.
Also Step sister and kids were there. Okay. Also SIL parents, cousins nieces and nephews were there. My son, (her brother) my youngest daughter (her 1/2 sister) my husband and me. NO ONE FROM MY FAMILY AT ALL had been invited.
Not my dad which is Braydens Great Grandpa, Not my brother, Not my husbands mom which is Braydens step great grandma (which she had bought a gift)
We were there for an hour. My hubby couldn't stand it so he left 15 minutes into the party and took a walk. In which I had wished I had done. My son asked what was wrong I told him to just look around. I have been crying everyday since then. I have not talked to my daughter about it. She does not care.
She never came to see me when I was in the hospital or even attempted to come see me after I got home.
I was there when she got pregnant out of wedlock, that's all on another thread.
I'm sure that when I do talk to her I will tell her how she has hurt me and that will be the end of me getting to see my grandson and my new grandson that is suppose to be born in April. I"m sorry to Vent but I hurt like you know what.
We had gone there for Christmas and spent the night Christmas eve so we could watch Brayden open gifts. Doubt that that will ever happen again either.
We stayed till about 1 pm. Then left and I never heard from them again till we went to the party. SO am i in the wrong or what. I hate this feeling. It's just
tearing me up inside. I could just scream. She has no compassion at all for me.
7 years ago I broke my foot and she called me a baby and didn't think I was in any pain. What goes around comes around. Thanks for reading you don't have to reply. I just needed to release this. Thanks.

Last edited by 2tiredmom; 12-29-2008 at 05:31 AM.
2tiredmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:42 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Linda...I hate that you're hurting. It would hurt my feelings too. Was Emily as close to your side of the family as she is her Dad's? Maybe that's why no one was invited. It was a poor judgement call on Emily's part, but please don't let it get to you too bad.

You can let her know you are hurt, but I wouldn't want to do anything else that would jeapordize you seeing your grandson.

{{{{hugs}}}}
Old 12-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time with your daughter. It seems like she really isn't appreciating the things you do for her. Hopefully when you talk to her, she'll keep her children's best interest at heart and not keep them away from you. *hugs*
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

{{{{{Linda}}}}} I'm so sorry that your daughter has you so upset. Obviously she's in her own world, doing what she wants to do, and not caring about the needs of others. You'll probably have to look the other way on some stuff like this because if you get into it with her you'll probably just get yourself excluded as well. I know that it hurts but it would hurt so much more if you weren't there to see your grandson. I'll keep you in my prayers.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #5
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

That is so uncaring, don't blame you at all. Why don't you write her a letter? That works for me, then I don't lose my temper and show my a-----------.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:12 PM   #6
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Does she realize she is hurting you?
Give yourself some space, and time to think things through before saying things you might regret later.
She most probably is so wind up in her own life living in her own world that she forgets to consider other people.

Go out and do things for yourself, and your hubby, remember that he is the one you are living with, enjoy each other.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #7
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

You've received some good advice here. Take it slow and try not to burn any bridges. She may not have realized that she was excluding some of the people she did. Also, have you checked to see if the people were invited. They may have been and not been able to attend.

When our daughter Melissa was married, we learned that one branch of the family that was a total no-show, thought that they weren't really invited because their invitations did not include response cards. None of the invitations included response cards because we were not serving food other than cake and punch at the reception. They felt we were snubbing them & we sincerely were not.

Sometimes there are unintensional oversights or misunderstandings.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:45 AM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Linda,

I am so sorry you are so hurt. Your daughter's actions seem to be making a statement, and not a very nice one as far as you and your family are concerned.

I was excluded from my daughter's life for 3 years and did not see my grandchildren. We have reconciled, and it is a miracle because we have all really just forgiven and gone on. I am very careful though, because I was so broken hearted for those 3 years, I just could not go through that again.

It might be less hurtful for you if you expect nothing from her. She will most likely, come to her senses at some point. At this moment though, I think it's pretty clear how she feels about you and your side of the family. That is a tragedy and so hurtful, but it is what it is for right now. It would be so sad if you expected more from her right now and lost your relationship with your grandson and the new baby.

I am sorry if I sound matter of fact and harsh about it, but, having been there, I would hate to see you end up the same way.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote