4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 01-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

My husband!

Now ya'll know how much I love and adore my husband. I spoil him rotten, by pretty much waiting on him hand and foot when I am home. I try to make his life as stress free as possible. I know I won't have him as long as I'd like, so I try to make him as happy as possible, and it makes me happy too.

But last night........

I had a pretty long day at work, and I came home to a sink full of dishes, overflowing trash and recycling, and a fews days worth of newspapers stacked in the living room. I was so tired and I knew that Gary had basically watched TV all day, I knew he didn't have any out of the house errands yesterday.

I just wanted to bean him on the head!! I really wanted to!!!

I just started working on getting everything straightened up, but didn't say a word. This morning, when I got up, he got up too (he usually sleep in) and said, "Let me take you out to breakfast". I knew he was trying to make up to me. This evening when I got home the dishwasher was unloaded and things looked much nicer.

I'm not a neat freak, but yesterday everything was so messy looking, it just got under my skin. When he doesn't feel good, he doesn't do much around the house and that is just fine by me. But when he is feeling OK, then he usually tries to help me out some. It really makes a difference too.

I'm not complaining - well, maybe a little bit!
Old 01-30-2009, 04:26 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
It's okay to complain once in a while. It's not like it really got to you...if you hadn't had long day at work, it probably wouldn't have bothered you at all. I know what bothers me the most is when I wake up in the morning and sometime during the evening the boys have had some kind of snack and left everything on the counter and in the sink. Just not something I want to wake up to and it's the same that you didn't really like coming home to more work to do.

Gary was sweet to want to take you out for breakfast. That's my favorite meal.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:43 AM   #3
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Awwwww, Gayle, you gotta love 'em. Huggs!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:55 AM   #4
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
sorry you had a rough day at work and came home to such a mess. At least he made it up to you by takeing you out to breakfast.
I have one pet peev with hubby and that is his coffee ( i hate coffee even the smell of it) he drinks it at least a couple times a day and he always gets grounds on the counter top and then the water dribbles when he fills the coffee maker and the grounds when he cleans out the filter and he leaves his spoon on the very edge of the sink in other words he ends up with coffee everywhere counter,sink wherever he sits his cup. I have threatened to throw the coffee maker out many times, he is such a slob with his coffee
Old 01-30-2009, 06:39 AM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne b View Post
sorry you had a rough day at work and came home to such a mess. At least he made it up to you by takeing you out to breakfast.
I have one pet peev with hubby and that is his coffee ( i hate coffee even the smell of it) he drinks it at least a couple times a day and he always gets grounds on the counter top and then the water dribbles when he fills the coffee maker and the grounds when he cleans out the filter and he leaves his spoon on the very edge of the sink in other words he ends up with coffee everywhere counter,sink wherever he sits his cup. I have threatened to throw the coffee maker out many times, he is such a slob with his coffee
The coffee thing bothers my daughter too and my mom (living with her) drinks coffee every morning. Daughter got a black placemat to sit under the coffee pot and it really helps with the mess - it's still there, but with the black mat, you don't see it as much and then she just washes the mat weekly or more often. Works pretty well.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

You're such a wonderful and caring woman, Gayle, and your husband knows it. He knew that he left you a mess and from his actions was trying to make it up to you. I bet that he tries harder to not be so messy. We all get fustrated with our husbands sometimes!!! This is the time of year that my husband is home WAY too much!!!!! LOL

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #7
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

I know the feeling.
When I was married to my first husband, the boys were small. I was a hair stylist and Sat's were my busiest and longest days. "HE" was off on the week-ends and I would come home to the same thing. He never cared, hopeless. Glad yours helped out.
Things will get better.
We should just be posting under "VENT" today.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #8
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Aww, Gayle, you are so sweet to always be thinking of things to make your hubby happy and stress free. I'm glad he realized his mistake and tried to make it up to you. Hopefully it will be better in the future now. You seem like such a sweet couple.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote