4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 04-15-2009, 07:28 AM   #16
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Gayle - you have the nice kind of gray hair. I have the kind that looks dry and dirty. I'm also salt and pepper, which I do not think is pretty.

I started with a gray streak in the front in my 20's. It looked great then, but in my early 30's it wasn't attractive any more. I always dyed my own hair until they took out the red dye #2. The new formulas didn't cover my gray!

I get my color done once a month. I wish my hair would turn all gray already! Now that I'm blonde, my roots wouldn't show so much if it were gray. I get my highlights done about every 3 months. I also get my hair washed and styled every week for $10. That comes to $90 each month.

I get my nails done every 2 weeks, which costs $20.00. A pedicure should last a month in the summer, so that's another $10.00 a month.

I spend $1300 to $1400 a year on my hair and nails. It is a lot, but it is really important to me, especially my hair, so it's worth it. I also don't spend a lot on
other things, like vacations, or car payments.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #17
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Gayle looks great with the gray. I would look old.. I color and cut every 4-5 weeks , put highlights now in the Spring, my hairdresser does it from her home. I pay $60.00 . I use to dye it but I couldn't cover the gray hair.

I use to get my nails done with arcylics and silk wraps. I removed them years ago. I just get regular manicures when I have time. Pedicures I get during the summer.

Marilyn I am not very good at doing my own nails, I make a mess out of just polishing my nails when I don't have time to go to the manicurist.

I work hard like we all do, but I like to pamper myself and we are all worth it.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #18
pope1982

Awesome Marilyn, but where are the pics! lol
I desperately need to have mine filled
pope1982 is offline   Reply With Quote