4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 06-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Birthday Season

This is birthday season for my grandchildren. Kassidy was 7 on Friday, June 5th. Mackenzie will be 12 on June 15th, and Brandon will be 8 on July 11th.

Kassidy had a school trip on Friday to a beautiful park. Jessie and I went. It was just beautiful, the weather was great, and we all had a really good time. Jessie brought little cupcakes and gathered Kassidy's classmates to sing Happy Birthday. It was perfect.

I'm giving her horseback riding lessons, which she has been wanting since last summer. I bought her a stuffed animal horse for Friday. Her "surprise party" is tomorrow and I will tell her about the lessons. She has an idea of what I got her, but she is acting like she is going to be really surprised. She is so cute!

I ordered 2 tickets to the American Idol concert in Albany for Mackenzie and Jessie. I think she is going to love this. She is very excited, and I wanted her to have a special day with her Mom. They'll get all dressed up, do their nails, their hair, and so on.

I'm getting Brandon baseball equipment. He is in Little League, which he loves. I'm going to look around, but I think a bat, a helmet, a net to catch the balls when he practices, and something that allows him to practice hitting the ball will be great for him.

I've also been buying therm summer clothes when I find a really good sale. I have found great buys! It is so much fun to have packages sent to them. I don't say a word, not even to Jess. They get so excited when they come.

This is all costing me tons of money, but I love doing it. Good thing I have my Social Security checks coming in!

Life is good. I am so grateful.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:36 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Judy....you really do sound so happy...I'm glad. Your grandchildren are very lucky to have you as their grandmother.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:05 AM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

How wonderful, Judy! You are a great g'ma!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #4
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Happy Birthday to all your beautiful grandkids....

Judy your are the best grandmother in the world.. I am so happy that you are truly enjoying the grandkids and they are close to you and you to them. Enjoy them while they are still little, for time flies by so quickly.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #5
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Judy, I am so, so happy that you have your wonderful grandchildren in your life!!!!! You are sooo very blessed!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:18 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

You really put a lot of thought into your gifts and they sound wonderful!! It's no wonder that the kids get excited when you send gifts! You're a great Grandma!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Happy Birthday to all your beautiful grandkids....

Judy your are the best grandmother in the world.. I am so happy that you are truly enjoying the grandkids and they are close to you and you to them. Enjoy them while they are still little, for time flies by so quickly.
Does it ever!!! Mackenzie is going to be 12...where is my little baby? Kassidy, our real baby, is 7 already. 7 is a big difference from a little 6 year old! She is "engaged" to Quinlan, who gave her a ring. She also "dates" Gavin when she isn't in the mood for Quinlan. It's a good thing her father is strict! Brandon, on the other hand, is beginning his bratty stage. He is going to have to tone it down a bit, but he'll have to get in trouble a few times first. He is a very happy kid though, thank goodness.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote