4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 06-17-2009, 05:46 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Another Hazy Day!

I woke up this morning to another hazy day. It's only 70 degrees so far, but it's a humid muggy 70 degrees. I've been wanting to go find some new clothes, but I would be sweating so bad and it's not a pretty sight. Plus it's embarassing when trying on new clothes. Make be feel like I'm contaminating them or something.

At least the sun is trying to come out...so maybe that will help some. Guess I'll just stay in the house for while...and clean.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:59 AM   #2
Tiramisu

It's 84 (feels like 92) with 70% humidity in Houston right now. I don't even want to go out for lunch these days!

I tried to do a little shopping last night - Petsmart and the little strip center it's in, Payless Shoes, Anna's Linens, Dot's Fashions, Carnival Shoes, Ross. I bought one "work" blouse that I went by the size and didn't try on. So, my daughter now has a new "church" blouse!

It sure seems like every store has turned up the thermostat. I was sweating like crazy just walking around in the shoe store. It's been 6 months since my last foot surgery and I'm needing to find a couple pairs of work shoes with lower heels.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

We've been terrible muggy and our temps have been in the high 80's. Today's suppose to get to almost 100*!!! All of this mugginess has brought in some severe storms. We've been pretty lucky so far and have only had a couple of bad ones, but we've gotten rain from a few more with more expected. Tomorrow's suppose to be bad. We ALWAYS keep an eye on the weather because of farming and we live in Kansas!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #4
Tiramisu

I'm a weather watcher, too, as I've posted before. We have our "Hurricane Preparedness" session yesterday.