4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 06-14-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Unhappy My Son Is Gone For A Week

Ricky left this morning for Scout Camp. He didn't really have to go, but this year he gets to go as a leader and he's really looking forward to it. Rick rode down with him and is riding back with another parent. Then he'll be heading back down on Thursday and I'll have the place to myself for a day or so.

I know one of these days Ricky will be out on his own, but I sure miss that booger when he's gone. We aggitate each other and have so much fun.

He also goes with me shopping and this week I'm going to a store called Cato and maybe one called Catherine's. I cleaned out my closet and there's not much left in there...lol. I checked them both out online after Diana told me about them and I love the things at Cato the most (and the price) so I'm going there first. Since Diana told me about them, I just wish she could go with me.

I'll just try and keep busy with the doggies until Ricky comes home...
Old 06-14-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I really missed my sons when they moved out. It's nice to have big ol' boys around to play with!

I love Cato and Catherine's. The only thing that bothers me about clothes this summer is the short sleeves, or no sleeves at all. Don't they know big girls need a little arm coverage? LOL!!!!

Have fun and enjoy your own company
Old 06-14-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I"m with you Betsi - I don't do short sleeves at all!!! What I don't like this summer is the lack of cotton knit tee shirts or printed tees. They all seem to be that polyester clingy HOT knit!!! Can't stand that!

Opps, I am off Janet's topic of her son being gone. My g-daughter goes to church camp in a couple of weeks, and then to volleyball camp. I will really miss her too!!
Old 06-15-2009, 05:55 AM   #4
Janet

Gayle you can go off topic any time you want .....LOL. I've been sending him text messages to relieve my missing him. I drive him crazy, but it's so much fun. He is always laughing at me. Don't know how I'll stand it when he moves out. Hopefully that won't be for a little while yet...still has Lincoln Tech to attend this fall.

I think I'm going to plan on going tomorrow to Cato's. Not sure...depends on the weather. It may be rainy and humid. I get so hot trying on clothes and I do have to try on everything. So embarassing to sweat so much.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I hope Ricky stays nearby when he does move out on his own. You have a good few years before he does anyway.

It is very, very hard to let go when they begin to grow up. I remember missing the 8 year old Jessie had been after she had grown up. I just wanted my sweet little 8 year old back! She was 19 when she moved out. Of course, she came back for about a year. They usually do come and go for a while.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:46 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm sure that it's really quiet with Ricky gone. Thankfully it's just for a short time. You don't have to worry, your son will always stay in touch with you because you have a close relationship.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
Janet

He texted me yesterday to tell me he had to take his first tick off. Yuk!!! I told him to make sure he checks for them often. He also wrote that there was a black rat snake in one of the boys tent......but not his.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #8
Tiramisu

Your relationship with Ricky sounds a lot like mine with Jeff. He's 34, married, with two babies, and I talk to him almost every day and miss him constantly. He's my buddy!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #9
Janet

Even when Ricky is at work....I miss him. We are close and I love him more than life itself. He'll be home on Saturday.......can't wait!