4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 06-26-2009, 06:08 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Two Icons Have Passed

Very sad day, Thursday June 25, 3009.

I had always though Farrah Fawcett was so beautiful and her soft voice made her sound so delicate...but what a fighter. I enjoyed her TV movies so much.

Michael Jackson....liked his music up to Billie Jean, but after that....not so much. Plus, to me....just my opinion....he got a little too strange for me. I felt sorry for him that he seemed to not want to be an adult.

As sad as Farrah's death made me....I know she is no longer suffering. She is truly an angel now.

And Michael...I hope he is at peace now.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:29 AM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I can understand how you feel. I always enjoyed Farrah Fawcett on Charlie's Angels. I even had my hair cut like hers when I was in high school. She was always so beautiful and soft spoken.

Michael Jackson's songs from the 70's were always on the radio when I was a teenager and they bring back so many feelings and memories. I know, that like you, Janet, there was a time where I didn't enjoy his songs so much. I never quite understood what all his physical changes were for because he was such a nice looking man before. I think that he must have had problems that none of us could understand.

I hope that they both knew Christ as their Savior and are resting in peace.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I was in shock over Michael Jackson's passing. I loved him when I was a kid in the 80's, and I was so jealous over the Michael Jackson endorsed keyboard my brother got for Christmas one year! He was a great performer and I have continued to love him throughout his career. In high school I even perfected the moonwalk and showed off at dances! In my last ever performance in figure skating I also moonwalked across the ice. I loved the way he danced! He was so talented and troubled at the same time.
It sickens me that so many people are sending around jokes making fun of his death. I got 15 text forwards in a row this morning from the same person. He was a very lonely and troubled man and it's no wonder he felt he needed to seclude himself when he was ridiculed by the outside world during his life and even after his death I hope he is at peace.
I am a little young to remember much about Farrah Fawcett except I know that she is a legend too. It has been coming for months but it's still a sad passing. RIP.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I feel so bad for Farrah Fawcetts loved ones. The news of Michael's passing is overshadowing her. Just not right in light of they both passed the same day.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

And Ed McMann passed the day before. One TV channel was doing his biography last night. The others were pretty much doing half Michael Jackson and half Farrah Fawcett.

It is very, very sad! Both of them were 80's icons. Jessie said that she is just so saddened. She grew up with Charlie's Angels, Ed McMann on Star Search, and we had a Michael Jackson poster in our kitchen for a while.

Farrah Fawcett was just a month older than me. She suffered, and fought so hard. What a spirit! My heart goes out to her family. It is a loss to all of us. She was a great woman.

Michael Jackson was a genius. He is responsible for so many trends in music and dance. I remember watching "Thriller", and then "The Making of Thriller." I think my fav was "Billy Jean." I remember him dancing in the spoltlight as he went up the steps. I am going to remember what he gave the world, and forget about the rest. A lot of geniuses are not stable.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Old 06-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #7
2tiredmom

I can't believe how much in debt Michael was. You'd think with all of his records
he wouldn't have been. But I'm sure they are really selling now.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Farrah was a beautiful soft spoken actress , I remember well when she first appeared on commericals, and the poster that made her famous and of course Charlies Angels. I loved that show. She suffered so much and is at peace now.

Michael Jackson.. yes girls we all remember him early 70's when the Jackson five appeared singing ABC , I'll Be There, and so many other great songs. Like Janet I didn't care for his music later on and he was a little strange. Like someone said he never really grew up was like a kid himself. But he was an icon, this reminds me of when Elvis Presley died . We will always remember the date of two great artists passing.

I to feel like Farrah was slighted once the news of Michael Jackson broke out.. May they all rest in peace including Ed McMann he lived to be a nice age God Bless them.

Last edited by Gina; 06-26-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #9
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:58 AM   #10
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

I'm with y'all. It's hard seeing these icons pass. To me, it shows us that time is passing and connects us to our own mortality. We need to be prepared though, so perhaps the reminder is not a bad thing.

These three will be missed. Thriller was may favorite song and video of Michael Jacksons. I remember Farah was at the top just after Rex and I got married and we all so wanted to look like her. She's from south Texas, too, so we though she was one of our own who made it big.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:48 PM   #11
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Good one Gina.....I forgot about the days of the Jackson 5. He made a lot of great music!

In my opinion, Paul Simon, Elvis Presley, and Michael Jackson are brilliant musicians. I know I'm leaving a lot of others out.

Help me out here!