4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 07-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Hotdog Festival

I will have to say ladies that I am totally embarassed by Frankfort's festival this weekend. We just got back and what a waste of gas it was to drive to town. The very first one was wonderful...every year it gets worse. I always love looking at crafts of every kind and these vendors mostly have T-shirts and stuff that looks what it was left from a garage sale.

It was very disappointing in my opinion. It will be over tonight and then life goes on.......
Old 07-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I remember you enjoyed last year's, or maybe it was 2 years ago. How many hot dogs did you eat?

Don't you just love hot dogs though?

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:33 AM   #3
Janet

I didn't eat any hotdogs....I'm always leary of eating that kind of meat at festivals. I know.....I'm nuts.

Yes, I use to enjoy going and seeing all the people. This year just wasn't as nice and only saw a couple people I knew....so strange. Frankfort isn't that big.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #4
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
I'm sorry the festival wasn't very good this year, i know you were looking forward to listening to a band that was playing there, did you get to see them?
They use to have a festival in the town i work in it was the Ironhorse festival, they even had a real old steam train that they use to give rides in but that faded out after a few years, just not enough money to keep the train going.
Makes me wonder about some of the other festivals that we usually go to every year, weather or not they will have them or not.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
Janet

We didn't stay to hear them. We really just weren't thrilled so we went home.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I hate to get to a festival and be disappointed!! You'll have to find a new one to go to!
Old 07-27-2009, 07:20 AM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

That's too bad that you didn't enjoy the festival. I know that it's something that you usually look forward to. I can't believe that you don't eat a hot dog while you're there!!! Did you eat some elephant ears? (I think that's what it was called!!!)

We had a flag festival here a while back to raise money for a new flag on our mound. I didn't even plan on going but I had a hair appointment and the salon was right down town. I was impressed! It was more than I was expecting and so next year I'm going to plan on going. We have several things that go on here and for a small town they're pretty impressive.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #8
Janet

I love elephant ears, but didn't get one. I usually get those at the fair, but didn't go to that either. It was so hot and muggy during the fair that I just didn't want to go. Ricky was able to go with his friends. Not many 18 year old boys want to go with their parents anyway...lol
Old 07-28-2009, 03:36 AM   #9
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Sorry your fair didn't turn out to be much fun this year

Eating elephant ears???? New flag on your mound??? Is it so flat in Kansas that you have to stake claim to mounds?

Y'all are talking about things I'm just not familiar with.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:18 AM   #10
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Marilyn, Here in Fredonia we have two good sized hills (we call them mounds) that are on two sides of the town. On one there's a park and it's been developed into a place where people like to go. A few years ago the city took up donations and have placed a really large flag on there and it's really become a source of pride for the community. We also have an old set of lights that are turned on before Easter that has a cross and before Christmas it has a star that rotates and can be seen for miles.

The other mound isn't developed and just has a water tower on it. And actually, where I live it's not very flat. The flat part of Kansas is in the western part (I'm in the southeast corner) and by flat, I mean flat!!!! We have hills and trees and it's actually very green here, not at all what you think of when you think of Kansas.

I've posted this before but this shows the lights and if you scroll down you can see the flag on top of the mound. It can actually be seen for miles. People can see it when they are traveling on the highway.

http://www.thelope.com/2007/12/star-of-fredonia.html

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote