4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 08-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #16
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
I hope you got some rest this weekend....hopefu;;y this next week will be easier since you know what to expect.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #17
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Thanks Lynne. I'm so sorry I haven't been in touch more. It's just been really tough.

I know you have to go back to work tomorrow......hope you have a great day and that you won't miss the puppies too bad. I bet they are growing fast.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #18
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
T If Mom was to do the dialysis in center....we would have to go to Lafayette 3 times a week to the place we are going now. Mom didn't want to do that...and stay home from Florida. Yes....she is still planning on going to Florida. We just don't know if she'll be able to do it alone all the time....she's not sure either. We'll see.
I love it! She's still planning on living life to its FULLEST!!! That will give her the impetus to work hard to learn how to do it alone. And I bet she will too!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 05:17 AM   #19
Janet

She's a stubborn woman for sure Gayle. She leaves for Florida the first weekend in January...so hopefully she'll have everything down pat and the confidence to get it all set up to run in Florida. My nerves are about shot!!! LOL
Old 08-04-2009, 08:45 AM   #20
Tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
She's a stubborn woman for sure Gayle. She leaves for Florida the first weekend in January...so hopefully she'll have everything down pat and the confidence to get it all set up to run in Florida. My nerves are about shot!!! LOL
I was wondering if your Mom is planning her yearly migration. How brave and neat!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #21
Janet

She's planning to, but my sister-in-law is wanting her to stay home. My SIL in the one that drives down with her and then flies home. Then in April...she flies down and then drives her home. I just hope that if she does go.....she knows the dialysis really good.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #22
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I think she will be OK by January - in terms of being able to do the dialysis - or she will have decided that she can't do it (or doesn't want to) and will be having it done at the center. I bet she masters it though, she's a determined woman!!!

Does she have a place in Florida? Or does she stay with friends/or rent?
Old 08-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #23
katcarasella
KAT'S KRAZY KORNER
Donating Member

Send a message via Yahoo to katcarasella
Janet, I've been praying for both of you.....

Glad to hear that she's as spunky as ever...

Kat
katcarasella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #24
Janet

She has her own place Gayle, but there isn't anyone there to really help her unless it's the next door neighbor.

Today Mom wasn't the easiest to get along with. She can be so hard headed. Too much to really get into, but she's being a little on the disrespectful side to everyone. We go tomorrow and then we are done until one day next week....a refresher.

They wanted her to start in two days...Friday. It would work out great for me because I could stay the nights over the weekend. She didn't want to start until Monday...no matter how inconvenient it was for me...she wouldn't budge. So......we are holding off until the next Friday. I would have thought she could have thought a little about me (since school is starting on Wednesday), but no....didn't happen. Either do it her way....or no way.

I'm glad we will have this break. I need it desperately. I'm used to speaking with Lynne every day or at least every other day and I miss her. She understands because of all she is/was going through with her Mom. I'm just usually so tired...emotionally drained and can't wait to go to sleep to quit thinking. I'm still crying ...alot....I know it's a stressful cry...I'm just so tired and here it is 9:16 PM and I'm still awake.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #25
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It really is very stressful and even moreso, overwhelming. Then throw in a hard-headed mom, and well.......you have every reason to cry Janet. Yes, your mom should have had more consideration for you and your schedule - but she didn't so just make the best of it - as you are already doing, because, as you said, it gives you a great break till next Friday.

My mom can be really disrespectful too sometimes. Also, there is another thing to consider. As we age, the part of our brain that helps us to be socially respectful of others, doesn't work as well. That's why you hear old people sometimes say the most disrespectful things. My mom will say something horrible about someone else and then say something like, "Well, I'm old so I can say that". What it is really, is the part of the brain that helps us to NOT say the things we are sometimes thinking, doesn't work as well in old people so they just blurt out what they are thinking and they think it is OK. It's actually called Executive Function and it doesn't fully develop until after adolescence (that's why kids say the darndest things) and it begins to deteriorate as we get old.

This is all to say that there is an organic reason why your mom behaves this way - even though she may have been somewhat this way all her life (I don't know), but it does get worse with everyone as they age.

Hang in there! You won't feel quite so overwhelmed as things progress.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:04 AM   #26
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Janet, I'm so sorry that you're so overwhelmed. I thought about calling you several times while I was on vacation, and even left a message on your answering machine. I'm so glad that Gayle is back and is giving you advice to help you through all of this. I know that it's all hard but it's nice to know that there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm here for you any time you need to talk. Hugs!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #27
Janet

I just played the answering machine after reading your post. Looks like someone listened to it but forgot to tell me. GGGRRRRRRRR!