4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 10-08-2006, 10:40 AM   #1
BabyNicole

Anyone know of any reputable "Work From Home" websites?

I'm not quitting my teaching job, by any means...but I do need to make some extra money! I always see these "Work From Home" advertisements and websites, and I wanted to know if anyone actually signed up for any that are reputable and are not scams? If so, what do you have to do? How does it work?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 10-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #2
Necee419

Good question Nicole. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you but I would be interested in finding out as well. We all could use extra money.
Necee419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
BabyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necee419
Good question Nicole. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you but I would be interested in finding out as well. We all could use extra money.
I posted this question on almost all the different forums I belong to. Almost everyone said the same thing! I guess they are really all scams cuz I haven't found an answer yet.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:07 AM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I've been told to check out Medical Coding and/or Medical Transcription. I need to start checking on this myself and find out what it takes to get started around here.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:18 AM   #5
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Maybe you could sell something like MaryKay or something like that.
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:16 PM   #6
2tiredmom

I have done it all. Sexy nities, Tupperware, Pampered Chef. Right now I am selling Avon and I love it. It's the best thing I have done so far. Plus my day job.
I have women at work coming to me for catalogs because they want to order.
And you don't have to sell a bunch to keep in it. It sells itself.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:20 PM   #7
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I have some personal experience at working online from home.

I've worked for a couple of different online sites and got paid for it... actually did this for 7 years. Even with that kind of experience on my resume, I wasn't able to find a decent paying one that fit my needs. I have been a moderator, marketer, administrator, coordinator and chat host. Most sites get by with volunteers or pay only a very limited staff to work part time at or around minimum wage.

I've known a few who went the medical transcriptionist route and once they paid for the training, weren't able to line up jobs in it... so be careful. Some make a bit by selling on Ebay etc... but you have to know what you're doing to be able to make a decent profit at that.

I wish you luck... this is a topic I've seen discussed on many different sites over the years and have yet to hear a good answer. I finally gave up and found work in a brick and mortar place... but maybe you'll have better luck.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:55 AM   #8
Cribal

Oh yea Nicole, I forgot my mom works from home...... Now am I blonde or what.?!?!?! I've seen this post and just keep looking over it b/c I didn't think I knew what you could do but DUH!!!!!

My mom quit work a few years ago and wanted to be a house wife but all she was good for was shopping all day and not cooking or cleaning at the house so my step-dad told her she needed to at least get a part time job to support her spending habbits. So now she sells stuff on e-bay. She makes anywhere from $200.00 to $700.00 a week. I've considered quitting my job and just helping her out with it. If you want some details on it then let me know and PM you. For her to bring in $700.00 she is working all day though. You have to go out and find the items, bring them home and clean them, put them on e-bay and then when they sell you have to package them up and ship them out. It doesn't seem like it but there is alot of work into this. Let me know if you want some more info.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:09 AM   #9
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Sounds like I need to stick to making dog clothes and get them on the Internet. I just wanted something I could do to make more money. I think most dog clothes are way to expensive, so I started making them for my babies.