4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 11-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #1531
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
Gayle- I'm so glad Gary wasn't hurt!! Now you get to deal with insurance and repair shops...fun, fun.
We've already got the insurance check and the truck will be fixed by next week, so all is well on that front

I really didn't like J Edgar that much. It was interesting, but boring My daughter said the same thing - she learned a lot of history, so she liked that, but didn't really care for the movie
I'm not a Twilight fan so I'm not interested in that. I'll wait to see J Edgar on TV.

I worked on decorating the house this weekend. We decided not to put up the big tree since the kids won't be here and it'll only be Gary and I till we go to Houston for Christmas. So, I bought a few things for the house, and got a 3 foot tree and decorated with little balls, tinsel, etc. It was fun. I got a few cardinal ceramic pieces at Cracker Barrel, they had them on 40% off this weekend. So my house looks pretty Christmasy, lacking a big tree, it still looks good and has me in the Holiday spirit!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #1532
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'll catch up on the last few posts later when I have Dean down for a nap!!

It's been a crazy weekend!!! Having Dae Lynn and Karlie home really changes things around here!!! Dae Lynn's a great help but has her own ideas on what needs to get done so I just follow her lead and try to stay positive about it all.

We had a great Thanksgiving!! It was just us and Amy's family for the noon meal. Then later on the others joined us for left overs. They had both been at their other family's house for the noon meal. Before Feyn's family and Jaci and Nate got here we all took four wheeler rides!! The weather was so nice......a little chilly but not bad. I'm starting to tell that I've lost weight because I am a little more cold than I have been!!

We all went off of our diet for the day but not too bad.....by Saturday I was back on!!!

Our little Alco store had some Thanksgiving and Friday sales so Dae Lynn and I ran in and bought a few Christmas gifts for the kids. I've also bought some things on Aeropostale....if you "like" stores on FB they'll have coupon codes to use when you buy something from them. I save 40% on Aeropostale on stuff that was already 50% off!!!

On Saturday Dae Lynn decided that she wanted the Christmas tree up so we got out all of the stuff and got it decorated. With the kids helping it was pretty fustrating!! I have soooo many decorations and some are fragile so having the kids dig through all of them was hard. We didn't get near all of them on but the tree looks full enough....plus we tried to keep the wood and plastic down low where Dean can reach.

Then yesterday after church Dae Lynn, Amy, and I went to Walmart. Dae Lynn picked up groceries while I worked on gifts for a stocking for church that will go to inner city Chicago. We fill them with toys and stuff and they pass them out to poor kids up there. I still need to pick up some toiletry thing and then I'm done.

Ahhhhh......today is back to normal!!! Dae Lynn and Karlie are back at school and it's just Dean and me at home!!! I have to admit that I enjoy the peace and quiet that comes with just having Dean!!! I haven't been on as much as I'd like to but sometimes when I sit down with the computer I want to do things that I don't have to think so much about. It's like my brain just wants to shut off. I've been taking more baths in the evening and it's where I sit and read in peace and quiet.

I hope that all of you had a great Thanksgiving!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #1533
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Today I ran my route, it was good to see most of the kids..lol They all seemed ready to go back...not so much for school, but to be with their friends. I didn't do much else except my usual Monday run to town and to the bank. When I got home there was a message on the answering machine from the lawyer. They need a death certificate for my sister for this stock stuff. The only reason I can come up with is to prove they only need to divide it 3 ways instead of 4. So...I'll need to run to town again tomorrow.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #1534
Tiramisu

All is well with me. I'm getting better at picking my battles with life. Had a ver good dinner with Laura and family, then us girls went shopping at midnight. It was great to spend time with them.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #1535
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Betsi, Layla tolerates them and is willing to let them sleep in her beds and she will sleep in them still after. She came a long way within one day so I think it will just get better over time. She will get used to them! We don't know ages for sure, but they are considered seniors. The yorkie is for sure, but the bichon mix seems way younger! I will make a new thread about them after I have my bubble bath!

Scott is away for work this week so it's just me and Layla at home! It's pretty relaxing so far. I had a pretty busy day at work, came home and closed my eyes for a bit because I had a headache, and then I watched tv for the rest of the night Now I'm just going to have a bath. I still have remnants of my headache so I took an Advil and hopefully it will go away soon.

I'm glad everyone had good Thanksgivings! We started to decorate for Christmas last weekend too, but we don't have the tree up yet, and we don't have some of the decorations outside up yet either.

Do we want to do a Christmas card exchange again this year?

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:08 PM   #1536
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Today was Gary's birthday and we went out to eat steak at Texas Roadhouse. Unfortunately, Gary's steak was so fatty and grissley he couldn't eat it - - but they didn't make him pay for it since it was obviously uneatable . He didn't want another one because he had eaten a few bites and then had a HUGE baked sweet potato. We had pie at home, so he ate some of that when we got home. Tomorrow I'm going to fix him venison chicken fry which is his absolute FAVORITE to make up for the lousy steak. We've eaten at this steak house many many times and never had a bad steak. I'm just sorry it was on his birthday!

This is the last week of school, YAY! I'll have lots of papers to grade after class is over on Thursday, but I'm so glad this semester is OVER!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #1537
Janet

Poor Gary, at least he didn't have to pay for the steak, but still why did it have to happen on his birthday, so not fair! I hope he had a really good day anyway. It's really sweet of you Gayle to fix him his favorite meal. You are truly an angel for him.

Sandy....I'm sorry, it sounds like there are still some things causing you problems... I'm getting better at picking my battles with life. I pray that whatever it is stops and that you can live your live your way with no regrets and no interference.

Yesterday we got about 2 inches, maybe a bit more of snow. Yuck!!!! It came down pretty good while on my afternoon route and it took an extra 36 minutes for me to get home. The snow came down so wet and heavy that the bus wanted to slide every which way. This morning it was much better and I was only 5 minutes off my route time. The sun is shining now and it really is very pretty....with that said....it can go now!

I'm here alone, both guys at work so I'm enjoying my day. We had a 2-hour delay this morning because of the snow and some power outages because of the snow so I was able to sleep a little later. The school let us know last night so I set my phone alarm to use this morning. The temp is 36 so what snow is here with the sunshine, probably won't be around long...I hope.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #1538
DianaB

That's too bad about Gary's steak. At least you didn't have to pay for it so you can go back another time and still consider it for his birthday!!!

Janet, I'm glad that you made it on your route safely. I'm sure driving with a load of kids is very stressful when it's bad. At least you're experienced at driving the bus! With the sunshine I'm sure the snow won't be staying long!!

Well.....Dean's been a mess again this morning!!! He got into a bottle of mouth wash and poured out probably a cup and a half!!! He soaked his socks and jeans.....plus a pillow that he had pulled into the bathroom!! It's always something!!! At least the house smells minty clean!!! I have to keep an eye on him constantly!!!

Glen's got an appointment this afternoon to hopefully get his cast off. I'm so ready.....it's been stinking really bad lately. He's tried Fabreeze and other things but it still doesn't help. I told him that if the doctor doesn't take it off to let him know that he's staying with him!!! LOL I've got the sheets and blankets in the laundry to get the smell out!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #1539
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Diana, I hope the stinky cast gets put in the trash! I know Glen is ready to get that thing off. How long has it been?

Gayle, I don't think we've ever had a bad steak at the Roadhouse. I DO love their sweet potatoes! I guess as soon as Mike's deer is finished being processed, I'll be frying him some, too

Janet, I'm glad that your snow will probably melt for a little while. I would LOVE it if we could have a white Christmas!

I went back to the Orthopedist yesterday. I have to wear my brace for 3 more weeks. That will make 6 weeks, and I sure hope I can take it off then. I got several more exercises to add to my routine. My knee cap is freezing up like he expected it to, so I have to move it in all directions with my hand several times a day. I could bend my knee better, but boy does it ever hurt! Well, at least it doesn't stink
Old 11-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #1540
DianaB

Yay!!! Glen got his cast off!!! He came home this evening and took a bath and I told him that he had better scrub it REALLY good!!!! He has only had it on for 5 weeks and the doctor really wanted it on for 6 so he's suppose to take it easy with it for a couple of more weeks. He didn't bring the cast home so I'm assuming that the doctor's office is taking care of throwing it away!!! YUCK!!!!

I'm sorry that your knee is still causing you problems, Betsi. Keep doing the exercises and soon you'll be good as new!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #1541
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

YAY for Glen!! I know he's thrilled to have it off! At least I can take mine off to shower, and I can step in to the tub easier than I could. I sure would like to take a long bubble bath, but it would take a wench truck to get me out, lol!!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #1542
Janet

Hooray for Glenn!!! I bet he is thrilled to get that smelly cast off. He probably feels like something's missing now huh? LOL. Since he was able to get the cast off early, he'll need to do what the Dr says and take it easy.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #1543
DianaB

Glen's being very careful with his cast off. I think that he felt secure and protected with it on and didn't realize it. When he wears his boots he's fine but when he takes them off he worries about it. He's still hobbling around but I'm sure in time that will get better. He does feel better about getting clean......me too.....it REALLY stunk!!!!

Dae Lynn had to go to Wichita yesterday. Damon's Mom's health isn't good and she was taken to the hospital out there to have a procedure done. Since none of the other family could go Dae Lynn went out to be with her. Come to find out she hasn't been taking good care of herself and it's making things worse.....Dae Lynn was pretty fustrated with her by the time she left. It's easy to tell where Damon gets his problems from......she is also an alcholic and has a problem with overdosing on prescription drugs. It ended up that the procedure didn't work so she'll be staying in the hospital for several more days.

Since Dae Lynn was gone the kids and I made some salt dough hand and foot print ornaments for Dae Lynn. They are actually pretty heavy to use as ornaments but maybe she'll find a frame or something for them. Now I just need to get them dried!!! I have a couple of ideas to make for Dae Lynn and Karlie for Christmas. I'm really enjoying Pinterest and have gotten some great ideas and recipes to use!!

Amy came over this morning and we picked out some things for her to use in her Christmas play at church. The kids and helpers are putting on a little play (and I have a small part) and it takes place in a little clothing store. It takes place in a couple of weeks or so. The kids all have small parts and even the songs are just the chorus instead of the whole song.

So now here I am.....trying to keep an eye on Dean.....he's into so much lately!!! If he's out of the room you had better be finding him because he's into something!!! He keeps Grandma on her toes!!!! But he is also getting so cuddly!!! I love it when he gives hugs or kisses without being asked.....it melts my heart!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #1544
Janet

I really envy you all...with the larger families. I wish I had a large close family. Yes..I know there is a bit of drama in all families, but mine is/was a little too intense to be enjoyable. Now...we won't be getting together and my brothers seem very happy with that. Very sad...but it will soon be over and a new year will begin.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #1545
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I don't really have a big family either Janet - just my daughter Brooke her husband and Abigail and Emma. I have some step family, but I really only see them every few years and even then, even after being with them for 54 years, I am still the step child. Weird I know. Gary has a big family, and although I like getting together with them, they aren't my family. So, I sorta understand how you feel.