4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 10-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #151
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Are any of you guys on My Fitness Pal? I just started tracking calories again because I have gained in the last month. If anyone else uses it we could friend on it. I think it helps me to feel like someone else can see how good (or bad!) I am doing. I have the app on my phone so I can put in whatever I eat!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #152
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I've tried to use My Fitness Pal, but I've been too busy to really use it. If I ever get to where I'm using it regularly, I'll be your friend Lindsey.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #153
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I have it on my laptop, iPad and iPhone but haven't used it for quite some time. I really like it and it works great for me....I've just not been watching very well lately, really for quite some time. I need to get back to it, but I until I get my determination back...it won't do any good I'm sure.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #154
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lindsey, are you still using My Fitness Pal? I'm not ready to start back up using it, but I was wondering how you are doing?
Old 10-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #155
Janet

I used it the other day, but it's not gonna do me any good until I start using it for every meal. I need to quit being so lazy because I used it so religiously last time and it worked.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #156
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm going to have to look this up when I have time. I need something to get me to movin".......exercise wise. For some reason I have a lot of energy at the moment....that's why I'm getting so much done. I went to bed last night and couldn't fall asleep because I had so much energy. I'm not doing anything different but I'm enjoying getting things done. The weight has been coming back on but I'm not sure how much......broken scales. I'm trying to go back to eating better on the Atkins diet but the willpower just isn't there. However I did good yesterday!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #157
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Yes I am still using it! I am doing pretty well I think. This week I have started going on the treadmill right after work. We have it set up in front of the projector screen and we have a good sound system (we watch movies there) so I just watch tv while I'm walking Scott has been coming up to sit and watch while I walk too. My treadmill shows how many calories I've burned, and it is always more than what My Fitness Pal says, so I just push up my walking time until I have matching calories on the app lol! I have walked for an hour both days this week, at about 3.5 mph. My calves are sore, but it's good for me! When I was at my smallest, and in the best shape (when I was a teenager, even though I know my body has changed naturally since then!) I went for walks with my friends every single night.

I have been keeping under my calorie goal this week so far too. No weight lost though. I am fluctuating up to 5 lbs every day. My goal is 10 lbs less than I weighed this morning!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #158
Janet

Still haven't been using the app like I should. I've gained a few lbs so I need to get myself together. I've just been eating and eating so it needs to stop. Sure wish I had a health food chef!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #159
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Janet I love the photo of you and Rick together you look so pretty.

I have gained weight too , can't stop eating and don't want to watch what I am eating . I have an ipad and going to look into the app. Maybe it will motivate me , btw what app do I look for ? lol thanks!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #160
Janet

The ap is MyFitnessPal.com
Old 01-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #161
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
The ap is MyFitnessPal.com

Do I get this on the ipad?
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #162
Janet

Yes and on an iPhone. I have it on both.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #163
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm on WW. Lost 9 pounds so far, in about 2 months I guess.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #164
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
I'm on WW. Lost 9 pounds so far, in about 2 months I guess.
That's great Judy! I gained so now I have to work hard to get it back off. I was doing 50 reps on my ab lounger and today I upped it to 100 reps. 50 of a morning and 50 of an afternoon. Sure hope it helps. Tomorrow, even though I probably can't afford it, I'm checking out an exercise place near me tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #165
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I gained so much weight over the summer! Remember I lost 29 pounds? Well, I gained back 36!!!

I like WW....it''s more sensible.

If you can't see your way clear to spending $ on the gym, look at it as something important for your health. You wouldn't deny yourself preventive medicine, would you?

judy is offline   Reply With Quote