4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 07-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #151
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Come on up Gayle and start ripping!!! LOLOL When I call their office...I get a machine that gives options to press 1, 2, 3 etc. One of the options is to speak directly with a nurse...so I push that button, then I get a recording that says "we check our messages regularly and will return your call as soon as possible. Please leave your name, birth date and daytime phone". Isn't that a joke? Did that for 2 days and still no return call. I think when I am able to speak with them....I'm gonna ask what the mean of regularly is.

We kind of got off track of the thread I'm afraid and sorry.

So....is everyone still doing good on their diets?
Old 07-20-2011, 06:18 PM   #152
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

LOL! Yes we did get off track, but for a good reason. I certainly would complain that you have called for two days in a row and did not get a response. I'd let them know I wasn't happy.

Yes, I'm still doing pretty good with the diet - yesterday I had a melt down and was so hungry in the evening, I just over ate. I do that when I don't get a good balance of protein and carbs. If my lunch is very carby, without much protein, then I am ravenous in the evenings. I'm really hungry this evening, but I feel like I can eat a snack and be OK. Last night, once I took that first bite, it was all downhill and I couldn't stop.

I've lost 8 lbs so far so I am happy.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #153
Janet

That's great Gayle...8 lbs is a lot! I've been enjoying the cantelope so not eating alot of bad stuff. It's so sweet and juicy that is it satisfying my cravings.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:42 PM   #154
Tiramisu

I'm glad you all are doing well on your diets. I was all set to go to a weight watchers meeting last evening and my daughter called to meet her at chilis. Took me a few seconds to process ... See her and grands or the meeting!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:52 AM   #155
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

8 pounds is great Gayle!

I seem to be stuck at about 130 to 131 at this moment. I'm still on the diet, and haven't gone onto the transition phase yet. I am eating too much peanut butter, so I am losing very very slowly.

Oh well! It's too hot to be hungry! I am fine with my weight, but don't want to stop yet because I will probably gain a few pounds when I go on maintenance. At my height, a few pounds show.

I do feel very healthy! I haven't had any toxins in my system since mid-April! Let me tell you, I feel the difference! My whole body feels good, and I feel stronger. I have not had sugar since I began. (I think the peanut butter has sugar, sorry!)

I would say it is all good.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:46 AM   #156
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I was down another pound this morning!!! By MY scales I've lost about 9 pounds!!! Yesterday I really cut back on drinking sugar-free drinks and I think that it may have made a difference but today I really needed my diet Pepsi!!! Amy has lost 11 pounds and I think that Dae Lynn's lost 8. I really think that you're suppose to lose more quickly than we are......but I know that for myself........my fat likes to stay on my body!!!! LOL That's very problamatic when you're trying to lose weight!!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #157
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I think that all 3 of you have lost a lot!!!

But, I do know what you mean about fat liking your body. Mine just will not leave!

Janet, I just saw that your doctor's office has not called back yet. How awful!!! Have you had any luck with them today?

Old 07-22-2011, 05:34 AM   #158
DianaB

I can't believe that they haven't called you back yet!!! Is their office in town? If so, then I'd go down there and speak to the receptionist. However calling your regular doctor and complaining might do some good too. They should be able to get through and straighten things out for you. Let them know that you're in a lot of pain. Makes me MAD!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 06:54 AM   #159
Janet

It makes me mad too. The office is in Lafayette. I called my Drs. office and explained what is going on and they said they will try to get a hold of them today. I do okay most of the time as long as I keep taking the ibuprophen. There are times it hurts really bad and other time...I can handle it. Good thing I have a high pain tolerance.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:56 AM   #160
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

The problem is Janet, that taking so much ibuprofen can aggravate your GERD. The faster you can get off ibuprofen, the better all around. It is inexcusable that you have had to wait for over a week for the results of a test that could show why you are in acute pain. It just is not right!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #161
Janet

It scares me some wondering if they might have found something else. Not sure what else to do. Guess I'll call again Monday. Well if the ibuprofen is bad then I'll try to do without. If it gets too bad, I do have some Loritabs left. I will never go to this Dr again.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #162
DianaB

When I had tests run the other day I was called in a day or two with the results. I figured that I would have to go in and talk to the doctor to get the results but it was nice because I didn't have to worry for very long about what was found. Can your doctor send you and your results to another doctor who can get you in sooner?
Old 07-23-2011, 06:00 AM   #163
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I am beginning to have trouble with binge eating in the evenings. If I don't carefully control my eating, I can get completely out of control. It seems sometimes that if I take one bite of something, then I can't quit. It's very frustrating.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:52 AM   #164
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Keep trying to find substitutes, Gayle. You will work yourself through it! Maybe you need more veggies, proteins or carbs at dinner?

How about frozen grapes? They are low points, and fun to eat. I used to put low fat chocolate syrup on cantaloupe cubes, or lo fat cool whip with chocolate syrup.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #165
DianaB

Fruit's probably a good idea. A little bit of sugar-free cookies or candy is good.....just don't overdo.

On the Atkins diet there are diet bars and shakes to snack on and they're REALLY good!!! I'm not sure if you're counting calories or what but you might check on them. They are sugar-free. The hazelnut ones are delicious!!!! I usually have a shake and a bar sometime during the day and even carry them with me especially if I'm going to be where other people are eating sweets. Then I don't feel so deprived.