4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 07-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #166
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I haven't been watching very good at all here lately. Ricky and I went to Logan's Steakhouse in Lafayette for supper. He had the salmon and I had their wonderful Tilapia, it was so good and I'm still full.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #167
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Yummm.......I love salmon!!! We used to have a smoke house here that did salmon with a sauce.....oh...it was soooo good!!! I was so unhappy when that restaurant went out.

I've lost another pound so that makes 10 pounds so far!!! Yay!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #168
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yeah, I'm counting calories, so the Adkins bars have too many calories for snacking. I can do meal replacement with them, but not snacking. I did fine yesterday, didn't feel hungry or out of control at all. Today, I'm OK, but I can feel that I could get out of control this evening if I let myself. I think I'm going to get some sugar free jello with FF cool whip. I could go crazy with that and not hurt my calorie intake.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #169
DianaB

That's something that I can have too!! Good thing that I really like it!!!

I'm trying to come up with snacks to take to Lloyd's for the weekend. Amy had some really good things to munch on last night so I'm planning on making them.

Amy found a recipe that tastes like a muffin but it doesn't have any flour or carbs in it and cooks in a minute in the microwave!!! I had one for breakfast and it was sooo good!!! I think that I'll make some up to take with me for breakfast at Lloyds.

Amy also took pork skins and melted butter over them then added cinnamon and Splenda and it was good too.....plus she cooked slices of string cheese in the microwave and they were like little chips.....yummmmm!!!!! I love dieting with these girls!!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #170
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I am down 10 lbs. WHEW! This has been really hard in that I've been hungry a lot and trying to find the right foods that won't send me into a binge-eating fit. I've done really well this week. As long as I eat meat protein and carbohydrates for dinner, I do really well. If I try to eat meat and vegetables (the less carby ones like green beans or spinach) for dinner, I am over the top binging by bedtime. If I eat something like a lean pork loin sandwich on diet wheat bread (with high fiber), then I am fine all evening. I used to go to Luby's cafeteria and eat baked chicken, green beans, and cabbage and every time I'd be ravenous by bedtime. But I've discovered if I add a roll to that meal, I am fine. Of course that adds 130 calories for the roll, so I have to be very careful what I actually eat. That's the part that is really hard, finding just the right combination of food that will taste good, satisfy me, and not set me off into a binging frenzy. I have problems with hunger if I don't eat the right combination for lunch, but I won't go off on a binging frenzy like after dinner. That is probably partly because I am usually at work and can't binge too much there.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:51 AM   #171
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
That's something that I can have too!! Good thing that I really like it!!!

I'm trying to come up with snacks to take to Lloyd's for the weekend. Amy had some really good things to munch on last night so I'm planning on making them.

Amy found a recipe that tastes like a muffin but it doesn't have any flour or carbs in it and cooks in a minute in the microwave!!! I had one for breakfast and it was sooo good!!! I think that I'll make some up to take with me for breakfast at Lloyds.

Amy also took pork skins and melted butter over them then added cinnamon and Splenda and it was good too.....plus she cooked slices of string cheese in the microwave and they were like little chips.....yummmmm!!!!! I love dieting with these girls!!!!
Share the muffin recipe? And the string cheese recipe too? Sound yummy!

Gayle, you are really getting it under control! 10 pounds is great!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:52 AM   #172
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
Share the muffin recipe? And the string cheese recipe too? Sound yummy!

Gayle, you are really getting it under control! 10 pounds is great!
Until things settle down around here.....I don't really try. I'm thrilled for you ladies though. I want you all to be around for a long time.....I love you all very much.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:06 PM   #173
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

JANET, I GAINED 15 POUNDS FROM SIMPLY MOVING THIS WINTER AND SPRING!!! Of course, you can't watch your eating, you are under major stress!!!!! Don't worry, when things settle down you can get on track! You just need to concentrate on getting through each day now. And yes, we love you too!!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #174
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I agree with you Gayle.

Janet, you certainly should not put any more pressure on yourself right now! And, if food makes you feel better, I really think you should go for it!

If you decide to, you can think about your weight another time.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #175
DianaB

The string cheese snacks were simply string cheese cut sideways into little circles and microwaved until they were slightly brown!! Make sure you do it on parchment paper so they'll come off. You can also sprinkle seasonings on them first.

I take string cheese.....put it on a plate.....sprinkle with garlic and parmesan cheese......then microwave for 1 minute until brown. Quickly take it off of the plate before it sticks to badly then eat!! It tastes like the cheese off of pizza!!! Yummmm!!!!

The muffin recipe is....

1/4 c. milled flax seed
1 packet of Splenda
1/2 tsp. baking powder (NOT soda)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 egg
1 tsp. butter
1 tsp. sour cream

Mix up all ingredients in a coffee mug and microwave for 1 minute on high. Slice into four pieces and eat like bread!!! It's very good!!! You can also sprinkle Splenda and cinnamon on top before baking.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:42 AM   #176
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

These both sound delicious Diana! Thanks!

The muffin is so easy! Do you use low fat sour cream? Probably, I could replace that with yogurt too. Or...half sour cream and half yogurt.

I am down to 128.5 pounds! I am slooooowwwwwlllllyyyy getting to a weight that will give me "wiggle room" so that I can go on the Transition and Maintenance diets.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #177
DianaB

That's great, Judy!!! I would think that you could use either yogurt or low fat sour cream in the muffin recipe.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #178
Janet

I really need to start paying more attention to my eating. I decided out of the blue to get on the scales....holy diet Batman....I've gained 7 pounds. I'm even walking like a fat person. I've got to do something quick. I feel so big!
Old 08-25-2011, 06:26 AM   #179
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

You will do it Janet!

Old 08-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #180
DianaB

Janet, I know that you'll be working on it soon. Don't worry about it right now......you have other things to be concerned with. Hugs!!