4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 01-30-2012, 05:46 AM   #1786
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, I'm so sorry. I hope they find out what is wrong. I also hope it is something that might be helped with injections. I hope they don't think it needs surgery. But if they do, neck surgery is pretty successful. Gary goes for his neck injection today. I hope it works as well as the last one 10 months ago.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #1787
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Janet, I don't like to hear that you're in pain again. I am praying that the doctor is able to figure out what the problem is without surgery. A big hug!!

Lindsey, your photo shoot sounds like it was fun!! I hope that you're able to post the pictures where we can see them!!

I know at Jaci's wedding they took pictures before the wedding (separately) and Jaci really hammed it up and the photographer got some really great pictures of Jaci acting silly!! That's her personality and I loved it!!

Just Dean and I again today!! The weather is suppose to be in the upper 60's!! So I think that we'll be outside later. Glen keeps saying that I need to be in the greenhouse.......but there's really nothing right now to do until it gets closer to spring. I have it cleaned, sealed, and ready!! Right now I just need to get supplies to have on hand when I'm ready to start planting.

I also have to get the house cleaned up because we're having a young marrieds and singles party here at the house on Friday night and I need to get things done ahead of time. On Friday afternoon I have to be in Bartlesville to go to court with my neice. She's going through a really dirty custody case and I want to be there to see what's going on. So I have a busy week ahead of me!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #1788
Tiramisu

Linds, when will we see a peek of the pictures?

Janet, update, please ... hope you're better!

As soon as I'm released from the doc for the pneumonia, I'll have an upper and lower GI. The gastro doc didn't like that I've been on prevacid for 12 years and thinks he'll find esphogeal corrosion. And, somewhere in there they want to look again for why I'm anemia. Can't get them to believe that it runs in my family and that we're ok as long as we eat right and take our iron. Mine is done now and I'm bruising really badly because I've been sick. Really

Over the beautiful weekend, I planted 2 blueberries, 2 blackberries, 1 grape, and 2 live oaks. I decided on the vinyl (peel and stick) planks for my dining/living room. I did my home paperwork and am almost done turbo taxing. Almost every week, I've been shoveling some of the burn pile I inherited into my trash can, so I'm down to about 4 more cans full. Oh, I drove to my old side of town and had lunch with my daughter and her family. Christian and Delaney are almost as tall as me and quite the young ladies.

Life is so good!
Old 01-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #1789
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

The pictures should be all touched up and ready in 4 weeks. He just did 3 weddings and is still working on those for now I'm excited to see how they turn out!

Sounds like you are all keeping busy. Sandy, I wish I could plant already! I can't wait to see how the vinyl planking turns out. We've thought about it for our basement.

Diana, your party sounds like fun! You always have something going on. It makes me feel lazy reading about the fun things you do all the time lol!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #1790
DianaB

Ha!! Ha!! Ha!! I make YOU sound LAZY!!!! That's so funny!!! Out of all of us I'm probably the most inactive one here!!! We do try to keep up with things at church though!! That's about the only thing that I do much of!!! I just have to get the house cleaned up and with Dae Lynn and the kids that's quite a project!! It's surprising how hard the extra people are on the house and furniture.

Again.....just another day of me and Dean!!! Karlie has had a loose tooth for forever........she's afraid of blood and pain.....so she has refused to wiggle it but the new tooth is behind it and already in so she's been in a lot of trouble for not getting it out. Anyway.....last night it was really, really loose and this morning it FINALLY came out!!! This is her second tooth and it amazes her that it really doesn't hurt!! You should have heard her bawling and squalling over it before though!!! Dae Lynn had a hard time pulling her own teeth so she's had problems with even wiggling Karlie's!! So funny!!! Anyway.....we're done with THAT drama!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #1791
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Tooth Fairy time for Karlie!

Janet,how did the MRI go? I am so sorry you are in pain! I hope the doctor figures it out and gets you feeling better right now!!!

I had terrible pain in my neck a few years ago. I even bought a cervical collar because there was just no position that my neck didn't hurt like crazy. It was a pinched nerve. I finally found a wonderful chiropractor who got rid of the pain in about a week, and then kept my neck pain free at a once/month visit. You just never know where you will find help! At this point, my neck has been fine for at least 2 years!

Sandy, you are like the Energizer Bunny! With all of these things going on in your body, you just keep going and going and going! Good for you!

I went to my writing workshop this morning, and then got my nails done this afternoon. It is just beautiful outside! I have a busy week, and it sounds like the weather is going to be great.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #1792
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I had the MRI done this afternoon. Thought I was going to die of the pain lying in that tube, it hurt so bad. The Dr. called me later and told me that there were some bulging discs and something about slid forward. It involves C3, C4, C5 and C6 and also said something about one touching a nerve. Doc said he's not wanting to rush any kind of surgery, but wants me to see a surgeon on Tuesday at 2:30. Turns out he is the same Dr that did Rick's back surgery. He's very nice. I'm anxious to learn exactly what is going on and what I'll need to do. I swear I can't take this much longer. The pain is in my lower left neck, into my shoulder and then pulsates (sp) into my arm with lots of tingling. Driving me crazy at times.

I usually cry on the way home in the bus, but I can't afford not to. So, until I find out what the plans are I have to drive. I just take plenty of non-drowsy pain pills to help, it just doesn't help much.

Tomorrow I have 3 different couples/people coming to see Mom's house. I already have someone picked out that I would love to have live there, but I want to check out the others too. I have to be careful who I let in there.

Other than that....when I'm home...I usually drug myself to sleep...lol. No pain when I'm sleeping.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:51 PM   #1793
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, I'm glad you have some answers. I wouldn't rush into surgery either. They may want to try the injections first to see if they will reduce the swelling so that the nerve is not pinched. The injection uses steroids and since they helped you when you took them by mouth, there is a good chance when they are injected right into the C3,4,5, and 6, that it will really help (don't worry, it's only one injection, but it will travel to all those areas). If you do have to have surgery, I know several people who have had great success with neck surgery.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #1794
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Janet, I'm anxious to see what the surgeon says about you. I'm sorry you are in so much pain

Gayle, how did Gary's injection go? It must have been the couple of days for medical tests. Mike had an upper GI done today. Everything looked ok, but the doc changed his meds a bit.

Mike is having surgery Thursday. Remember I told you he was having hormonal problems? Well, he has a mass on his left breast that needs to be removed and biopsied. It is day surgery, but it makes me nervous for him to be off his blood thinners for 5 days. My husband never has anything "normal" with his health
Old 01-31-2012, 08:44 PM   #1795
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Betsi, I'm so sorry Mike has to have surgery, but i hope everything is OK. I know exactly what you mean about worrying about our guys. Gary has to go off blood thinners for this injection, so I understand what you mean about worrying about that.

It will take a couple days for him to get relief from the injection, but he said it was already better today, just 24 hours post injection.

Let us know about Mikes biopsy. You are right, this is medical test week! Gary also has an appt. with his cardiologist tomorrow, but it is just routine.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:24 PM   #1796
DianaB

Betsi, I'm so sorry that Mike has to have surgery. What a scare!! Keep us posted.

Janet, It's good to finally know what your problem is but it's not the kind of news you want to hear. I hope that you're able to get some relief from the pain and tingling. Hugs....GF!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #1797
2tiredmom

Betsi, I will keep you and your husband in my prayers too. You also Janet.
My husband Gary is going to need back surgery too. He has had 4 shots in the last year. But he wants to put it off till after our sons wedding. Which is in May.
Plus during the slower time at work. He has only been there working for 5 months. SO hope it does not put his job in jeopordy. You are all in my prayers.
I give Thanks that you are all so special. Thank You.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #1798
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

So many health issues!

Betsi, I am so sorry Mike has to have surgery.
Janet, I agree with Gayle about the injections before having surgery. Can you ask your doctor to get you the injection before your consultation with the surgeon? Why should youi have to be in such pain until everyone decides what to do? He means well, but that is a week away, and then you have to set up an appointment for the injection. That is too long to wait for relief!

Linda, your poor hubby is also waiting for back surgery!

Gary sounds like he is behaving Gayle! Thank goodness for that! It just never ends!

I am praying for all!

I went to the gym for the first time today. I have a trainer, and she is really good! I was so tired afterwards though, that I came home and took a nap! I want to go 3 times/week. I can only afford the trainer once/week for 30 minutes, but that is fine. I hope I remember what to do. She put me on some machines, I used weights in 3 different ways, and then crunches on a pilates ball. She said I have to be very careful with any kind of crunches because of my neck. I liked that because a lot of people just tell you to be careful. She said there is no way to do any kind of crunches without straining the neck.

I enjoyed the exercise, and MUST force myself to get there 3x/week.

There is also a community center nearby that is offering all kinds of great activities. My friend took over runniing it, and everyone is happy with it. I haven't gotten myself over there yet. I need a boot hanging on the wall so that I can make it kick me to get out of the house!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:45 AM   #1799
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
We are on 2-hour delay this morning due to dense fog. Since I've been in so much pain driving the bus I have a sub this morning. I may ride with him, but the reaching while drivinng is jus a bit too much. I may ride with him since he's never driven my route before and hopefully it won't be as painful riding as it is driving.

My appt is at 2:30 this afternoon and I'm anxious to find out exatly what my dr was talking about all this C3, C4 etc. stuff and I hope something can be done immediately. I'm really getting tired of all this pain. I'll be sure and let you all know as soon as I find out.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #1800
DianaB

Janet, C3 and C4 are locations on your neck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gr...n-coloured.png

I'm praying that you get good news at the doctor's office and some relief from your pain. Sorry to hear that it's so bad that you don't feel like driving.

We sure do have a lot of aches and pains on here lately. Either us or our husbands. Prayers for all of us and our families to stay healthy.

We have the party tomorrow so I'm busy trying to get things cleaned up.......that's what my goal has been all week!! I'm going to be gone tomorrow so I'm trying to get as much done as I can today.

The weather has been so beautiful but I haven't hardly been outside because of trying to get things done. And wouldn't you know.....it's going to rain tomorrow and afterwards!!! I don't mind as long as it gets cold. We've hardly been cold and if it doesn't we'll have bugs like crazy next summer!!! I'm so ready for snow!!!

I got some plant starting trays and heat pads ordered so I can start seeds in the greenhouse soon!! I'm excited!!! This nice weather makes me want to start but it's way too early!!

I have a niece that's going through a nasty custody case with her almost ex-husband. Her grandmother has called DHS on her and they came and searched her house and checked the kids!!! AND she's paying lawyer fees for her ex-husband!!!! I'm so furious over all of this!! My niece is a wonderful mother!! Her first child is half black and her grandmother tried to get her to give him up for adoption!!! She's back with his Dad and the grandmother is upset!! It's a mess......but I do know that my niece is a good mother. Having kids has certainly made a change in her life......for the better. Anyway.....I want to go down and see for myself what's going on!! I swear that some producer could make money off of the drama that goes on in our lives.......OK......maybe not mine but definitely my brother's family!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!