4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 09-02-2013, 04:26 AM   #2956
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
WOW Shada, you've been busy. I know I would be sore too. When you're all done you can sit back and enjoy it all and a job well done. I don't think you need a man to do it for you, he probably wouldn't do it right anyway....lol. I know mine wouldn't. He'd just slop it all together to get it done.

I'm still working two jobs and it's wearing on me a bit. I'm so over the bus driving and wish I could leave, but I need the insurance. So I will have to continue running and know the money is nice. I've not had money to myself in so many years, but I'm not going to go into detail here.

I did get a new bus the other day. I had a 72 seater and it was just way too crowded. I had 3 to a seat except for the last 4 rows of high schoolers. Now I have a 78 seater. It's nice, but I'll have to get use to it some. It has an air seat with arm rests, the seat is also heated, there is a place for my water and well, it's a nice ride.

My son is still going out with the same girl. I'm going to post a couple pictures of her for you to see, but not sure how easy it will be with my iPad. Never done it before. Always something new...lol. My laptop should be back in a week or so and I will be one happy camper for sure. The keyboard for the iPad is just too small for my stubby fingers.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #2957
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Shada, you are so busy! I wish I had that kind of energy lol!

Janet, I could not imagine driving anything that big lol! I don't even like driving a van! The heated seat will be nice for you in the winter! We have heated seats in our SUV and I love them!

We've had a busy weekend. Scott finally got back to working on the renovation. We now have our lights up and working (yay!) and he has started mudding the last bit of drywall. I'm going to wait another week or two to start painting the areas that are ready for paint. We still have to finish putting down new plywood on half the floor, remove everything from the bathroom, buy and install new flooring for the whole area, cut a new dryer vent in the exterior wall, hook up the washer and dryer in their new location, buy and install a bathtub in the bathroom, stain and install doors, and Scott is going to build a bench and storage area in the new mudroom. I want this done by Christmas. It might be too optimistic, but it feels like it hasn't progressed at all in months!

Yesterday we took the day off of house work to go to the city. We bought an antique dresser for the baby's room!!! I think it was a great deal. I found it on a classifieds site and they asked $125 OBO because they were moving. I asked if they'd take $100, and they said $110 at the lowest. So I said that's great! Then they got back to me and said they got a full-price offer from a person from an antique store - the antique store down the street from my house, in my town!!! But they told me that if I could beat that offer, it was mine. So I said I'd give them $140 for it. So when we went in to pick it up, the people from the antique store were there picking up some other antiques. The lady selling the dresser told me that they offered her $150 for it when they got there, but she said she wanted to keep her promise to us. Thank goodness! I really didn't want to miss out on it! If the antique store had bought it, I'd be out of luck because they resell their antique furniture for pretty high prices. I'll attach a picture at the end of this post!

We spent the rest of the day going through the "Parade of Homes" for a lottery for the Children's Hospital. There must be about 15 homes and I think we saw about 10 of them. They are all in the new developing areas of the city, which is neat for me because I work on designing the neighborhoods but never actually make it out there in real life lol! The homes were GORGEOUS! We got a few ideas for our own house renovations

This morning, Scott had to leave at 5:00 to be on a mine site by 7:00. He hasn't done a second of work since being there. There's nothing for him to do. It's frustrating because there's so much for him to do at home, but his company NEEDED him there today, cutting short his long weekend. The only good thing is he's being paid double time and a half today because it's a stat holiday. He will be home late tomorrow night, and hopefully won't be going again anytime soon, but really his company can do what they want. They already threatened to fire him if he didn't go today. Ugh!!

Sorry for writing a novel lol! I must be lonely being home alone today! I am going to go continue cleaning the house soon, and working on my homemade spaghetti sauce!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130901_190516.jpg (206.7 KB, 9 views)

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #2958
Shada

Today I have been a little laid back. I hate the word lazy!!

Put everything back on back deck. Little too cool and windy for me to get the front power washed again... Wednesday supposed to be warmer and sunny so maybe after work I will finish that up. Shouldn't take too long.

And today I found out Lindsey is pregnant!!!! Wow!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Due date? Happy to know no more morning sickness.

Lindsey you have been busy also. Your home is so nice now, it will really be gorgeous when you are done.
Love the dresser!!! But I feel like you should have got it for the price first agreed on. Shame on the buyer for putting it up on a bidding war after price was agreed on. But it is nice and will be wonderful for you....

Janet happy for you that you got a new bus... those seats will feel pretty good this winter!
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #2959
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Thank you Shada!! Due date is March 11

I am glad the seller didn't keep the bidding war up longer. She did tell me that about 10 other people contacted her too after she decided to give it to us for $140. We had been looking at nursery furniture sets, and to buy a dresser alone is over $300 brand new, and I think this one is much nicer So it was a good deal anyway. We're going to put a change pad on top to use it as a change table too, and now we just have to buy a crib and a chair.

It's good to have a "laid back" day every once in a while

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 09-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #2960
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I had a nice weekend in Oklahoma at the family wedding I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. It was quite an event with lots of story lines and I won't bore you with everything, but the bride SAYS she is 5 months pregnant. I really don't think she is that far along, but who knows. She's about a size 2 and had a tee tiny baby bump. Her mom and dad are very recently divorced and both brought their significant others to the wedding. The problem is that the dad has been seeing this woman about 7 years and he and the bride's mom just got divorced last Jan. It was such a circus, everyone was whispering. But there were no "blow ups" at the wedding, so that was nice.

I had a good visit with Gary's sisters. It's always nice to see them. We stayed with his sister that lives near a lake and we drove around the lake and looked for deer every night. It's so quiet and peaceful out there.

Well my summer vacation is officially over - my classes start tomorrow! I'm ready though.

We have decided to take my 6 year old granddaughter, Emma, to Disney World over the Christmas holiday. We haven't told her yet, but we made hotel reservations today. She will be so excited. We'll get a 4 days pass and stay in a hotel in the park so we can easily go back and forth. I can't wait, I only wish Gary were here, he loved taking Abigail to Disney World!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #2961
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Gayle, I'm glad there were no big blow-ups at the wedding! I'm sure the bride and groom are thankful for that too!

That is so exciting to take your granddaughter to Disney World! I'm sure she will be ecstatic! I never got to go when I was younger, even though my parents promised we could go as soon as I was big enough to walk around all day lol. Apparently I never got big enough for that! So I'm excited that we're having our own family now and will be able to take our kids there someday, and it will be my first time too!

I just went shoe shopping for an HOUR, and came back empty-handed That never happens with me! I need to get new shoes for the wedding in New Orleans, and I'm just having no luck. My feet are wide, so it's hard to find shoes that fit in the first place. Every pair I tried on today didn't work. I have one pair of short heels at home and I'll see if my cousin likes them tonight. I can't wear high heels (not sure if I'll want to anyway!) because her future husband is only about 5'5, and I am 5'8, she is 5'9, and Scott is 6'4 lol! I know we are already all towering over the groom, but I don't want to make it way more obvious (and since she is wearing flats, she doesn't want herself and her groom to look tiny compared to the bridal party lol).

Old 09-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #2962
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I hope it cools off some before you get here for the wedding, Lindsey. It's still so hot, and New Orleans is extra humid. Bring your shorts, you'll need them!
Old 09-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #2963
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
I hope it cools off some before you get here for the wedding, Lindsey. It's still so hot, and New Orleans is extra humid. Bring your shorts, you'll need them!
I hope so too! I have been checking the weather there and I'm pretty sure I'm going to die lol.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #2964
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Ok........my life has definitely taken a strange turn! I got a call from our Pastor this evening and he asked me if we would care for four kids who have been removed from their home. Well, you can figure out that we now have them. They are ages 9, 7, 5, and 4. Three girls and one boy. They are very polite and Glen and I have been very impressed with them. They were removed from their home because of it not being clean, nor were they clean. Of course they have come with head lice so I have spent the evening washing and combing out hair. At least their hair is all fairly short......especially the youngest..........she's taken the scissors to the back of her head and whacked it off! It's pretty noticeable too!

If the agency in charge of them can get into court tomorrow they may leave or it could be on Monday........we'll see.

I can honestly say that I never expected my day to end like this! BTW.....this probably puts our name on a list to be called again. Sigh...........however the police were extremely thankful that we were there to help.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #2965
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Diana, that is a great thing you are doing! My great-aunt takes in foster kids all the time, and I think she is the most wonderful person I know. Most people in my family talk about her behind her back, saying she is too old to be caring for those kids, blah blah blah... but if she didn't, who would? She gives them a loving and stable home until things get figured out. Most of them have FAS or are born addicted to drugs because of their moms. It's heartbreaking. I saw her a few weeks ago and she had this little newborn who only weighed 5 lbs. My aunt had to give her morphine throughout the day to wean her off a heroin addiction from the womb. She was the tiniest, skinniest little baby I've ever seen. It's so sad when parents can not be responsible.

Anyways, I think you are doing a wonderful thing by helping out these kids when they need someone. I'm sure they will always remember you!

Old 10-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #2966
DianaB

Thank you, Lindsey! Today they are trying my patience over the little Gator of Dean's. In just a little bit I am taking them to a kids party with the church so I'll get a little break. They are good kids it's just that there are four of them! I need to pick up some clothes for the little one at the thrift store. They were excited that they were staying a little longer.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #2967
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Good for you, Diana! What a blessing you and your family are to them, and hopefully they will be to you. Good luck!
Old 10-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #2968
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You and your family are the best......now when are you coming to take me in?
Old 10-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #2969
DianaB

Come on, Janet!

We got home from the party, baths are taken, pajamas on, prayers said, tucked in, lights out.........and the littlest one has been out of bed three times now! What a day!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 10-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #2970
DIANE W

Ahhh god love them..... they must be wondering what is happening to them, poor darlings.

Diana you and Glen are such lovely people to do this, it cant be easy to take on, not everyone could or would do it. I hope they settle down and are happy for the short time they will be with your family.

It is so sad when parents neglect their children, it breaks my heart, poor little souls deserve to be loved and cherished by their parents........ it saddens me that there are a lot of people with children in this world that really shouldnt have them - they dont deserve them

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote