4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 09-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #16
Shada

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna1990 View Post
Wonder is there is a 4MENTALK website? Would be interesting to see how different they are.
I think that is a fantastic idea!
Now that would be interesting!
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:52 PM   #17
Shada

Look what I found!
http://boards.askmen.com/viewforum.php?f=3
Old 09-14-2008, 04:11 PM   #18
Shada

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/index.php?

Another one... sorry if these shocked anyone.. I am shocked!!!

What a difference from this forum to those!!
Old 09-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #19
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Just for you Janet!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/perso...ied/index.html
Old 09-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #20
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Thanks Gayle...that was nice of you to find. Think I'll try and get the nerve up to send it to my husband...lol.

I thought a mens site would be an interesting read...,but Shada....I was soooo totally wrong...lol.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:08 AM   #21
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sorry that you're having problems, Janet. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with sleeping in separate bedrooms. I have an aunt and uncle that sleep separately. He snores and moves constantly during the night. You really need to have your rest. Good luck!!

Galyle, I take Calcium/Magnesium supplements and it helps my restless legs. I don't usually have any trouble as long as I take the supplement but once in a while I'll have problems and as soon as I take another one I'm fine. You can also take Dolomite which is a natural Calcium/Magnesium supplement. I hope that it helps your husband.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:13 AM   #22
HALEY

Janet, you need your sleep,,, i have a hard time sleeping some nights, especially when Micah and the two dogs are in bed, and 1/2 the time Mike sleeps in the chair or on the couch in the living-room... he is also snores very loud. i'm happy sometimes when he sleeps in the livingroom... i get a good nights sleep
Old 09-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #23
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
Sorry that you're having problems, Janet. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with sleeping in separate bedrooms. I have an aunt and uncle that sleep separately. He snores and moves constantly during the night. You really need to have your rest. Good luck!!

Galyle, I take Calcium/Magnesium supplements and it helps my restless legs. I don't usually have any trouble as long as I take the supplement but once in a while I'll have problems and as soon as I take another one I'm fine. You can also take Dolomite which is a natural Calcium/Magnesium supplement. I hope that it helps your husband.
Thanks Diana! I take Magnesium/Calcium for my high blood pressure (magnesium) and osteopenia (Calcium). I think I'll start giving it to him too!!! I take the SloMag - is that what you take? He takes prescription Mirapex for his restless legs. It is a medication for Parkinsons (which he does not have). It helps a lot, but I bet the Magnesium/Calcium would help too.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #24
2tiredmom

Janet,
I hope he comes to his senses soon. I know how hard it is. Gary doesn't do it as much anymore thank goodness. But I would have to go to the other end of the house to get away from it and I could still hear him.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:32 PM   #25
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
That's the way it is here Linda. If Rick goes to bed early...he's snoring within 10 minues and he's at one of the house, Ricky and I are at the other end, with the TV on and still here him. Drives us nuts. I just have to take this step slow and easy or he'l be an a$$.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:59 AM   #26
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lots of couples have separate rooms. My ex and I had 2 twin beds together with a king size headboard (not my choice! When we were getting along, falling into that crack in the middle when you're cuddling sucks).

A while before I finally threw him out, I took one of the beds and put it into the other bedroom while he was at work. Imagine his face when he came home and went into the bedroom to see the king size headboard with one twin bed on his side!

By the way "I would love to shove the TV remote down his throat when he does it....lol." never waste a good remote! A washcloth maybe.

Good luck with your plan. You'll do it.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #27
HALEY

Janet did you ever try ear plugs?
Old 09-17-2008, 10:30 AM   #28
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Time for Separate Rooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
That's the way it is here Linda. If Rick goes to bed early...he's snoring within 10 minues and he's at one of the house, Ricky and I are at the other end, with the TV on and still here him. Drives us nuts. I just have to take this step slow and easy or he'l be an a$$.
He sounds just like mine about the a$$!!
Was just wondering if you had move out yet, guess not.
I tried ear plugs but they didn't help much.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #29
HALEY

Donna i use to bring them home from work, but your right they don't help to much, these are even the good commerical ones... Thank God he usually falls asleep on the chair in the livingroom, he's been working so much now sometimes he falls asleep at the kitchen table eating, i never saw anyone in my life do that until i married Mike.... but working 10-11 hours almost everyday will do that to you.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:50 AM   #30
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Time for Separate Rooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALEY View Post
Donna i use to bring them home from work, but your right they don't help to much, these are even the good commerical ones... Thank God he usually falls asleep on the chair in the livingroom, he's been working so much now sometimes he falls asleep at the kitchen table eating, i never saw anyone in my life do that until i married Mike.... but working 10-11 hours almost everyday will do that to you.
God bless him, falling a sleep at the kitchen table.
That is one place mine would never fall asleep, he loves food too much.
He is 69 and works 10 to 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. Not because he has too, he loves working. Hope I have that much energy when I get up there.