4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 08-26-2008, 09:31 AM   #16
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Traci, just a thought meant in a positive way, maybe you can take him around to garages in your town to ask if he can wash cars after school or on saterdays?

I agree with Janet, it's no wonder kids are the way they are these days, they are not allowed to be kids like we were, they are forced to grow up fast.

So sorry you are having to move to another home, that really is hard.

Thinking of you girl - big hugs!!
Old 08-26-2008, 10:18 AM   #17
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Traci, I'm so sorry you're going to have to move. We had our son out in the cornfields picking up corn to take to the elevator for money since he was 8 years old. There are a lot of things a 15 year old can do. Mow yards, weed flower beds, clean out shed/garages for people that are older. Run errands for the elderly, what about delivering a paper?

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers Traci.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:34 AM   #18
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
Our town paper requires you to be able to drive. We have so many people who live far out in the country that you can't deliver a paper without one and our paper doesn't come out until noon so he is in school.As far as yard work, most people here live in aptments and have it done by the landlord or require that you bring your own lawnmower, ect. I had never thought about garages letting him wash cars so I will have to call a few in this area.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:02 AM   #19
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm sorry that your family is going through this. It's a really hard time to be raising teenagers. You might ask your church if there's some people who could use the help of a teenager and explain your situation. I hope that everything works out.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #20
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Bless you heart, you have you hands, not full, but overloaded. So sorry.
We will all pray for you and your family.
I have tough times with teens and I know how hard it is.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #21
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
I am sure that some of you have wondered where I have been. I know mom and Angie posted from time to time about me. I am now divorced. I did get evicted from my home because Damon had charges. (I lived in public housing.) After this my husband talked me into moving to dc closer to his parents where "jobs were better and the kids would get a better education." Well he moved into his parents home and went up there 20 days before I. He was to "find a place for us and get things ready" I had to come up without him having those things done. I drove up and the kids and I stayed in a hotel for 10 days. After the 10 days he told me that he was leaving me and was taking my youngest daughter to Florida to move in with a couple he had met online. Paniced and not knowing what else to do, I brought her back to TN where the kids church gave us a place to stay. He took me to court and won temporary custody because I was unemployed, had a temporary home, and he said the other children are a danger to Sydney. We got our divorce, but I am still fighting for my baby girl. He has just sent motions to the court requesting that I only see her twice a month and supervised by his parents for 4 hours each. He only wants to hurt me and collect the income taxes and child support for our daughter. I just have to prove this in court on the 15th. All of you thoughts being with Sydney, myself as well as the other three children during this would be greatly appectated. I miss you all. I am also on facebook andlog in there quite often for any who wish to add me. My name is now Traci Thomas. How do I change my name on 4wt? Anyone who knows the answer please post it for me. *hugs*
Old 08-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #22
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Traci I am sorry to hear this news. I didn't see this post when it was written last year. I have read the threads and I hope that your son has gotten the help he needs with the anger issues..

As far as your divorce I am sorry to hear about that to. All this has happen in the year. I feel for you my friend and I pray for you that your ex returns your daughter to you. She needs to be with you her mom and siblings. I hope that you can convince the judge that when you go to court.. My prayers will be with you.

I will look for you on FB, as far as changing your name on here you may have to sign up again under another name I would imagine, maybe one of the other ladies can give you better imput..

Good luck...
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #23
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Traci....I have thought about you often and prayed all was fine. I'm so sorry you're going through all this. I hope all will end up in your favor and will continue to keep you in my prayers.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #24
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Traci, Just wanted to chime in, too and let you know that I, too, will be thinking of you and praying for a positive outcome!!! This is so horrible. You have been and are still going through a lot!! Stay strong!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:36 AM   #25
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Traci gosh girl... so sorry you are going through all this.
I sure will be thinking of you and your babies, i have been thinking about you lots, wondering what you are doing.
Stay strong girl, you can do it.
Please PM me you email addy so i can add you to my FB.

I dont think they allow name change on here, if you need to... make a new account, but never put you email addy on any open forum as they can be found on google and probably other search engines.

Good luck girl, im with you, hugs and more hugs XxX
Old 09-01-2009, 07:22 AM   #26
DianaB

Traci, you really have been going through a lot! You'll certainly be in my prayers. Hugs, GF!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #27
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Traci, I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time! I will be praying for you and your children.

We are always here for you, and ready to give you support.

I hope your daughter comes home to you, and will be praying for that too.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:22 AM   #28
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

well, I have went back to court again and nothing has changed as of yet. i have to take the kids to a new counselor and have them evaluated to see if Sydney is "safe" in my home with them.... even though she is in much more danger with her father. I have lost all faith in the justice system.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #29
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I am so very very sorry!
Old 09-22-2009, 08:38 AM   #30
DianaB

I hope that things work out for the best, Traci. Hang in there.

After I stop laughing!!!