4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 06-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #16
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I'm so glad ya'll got some rain yesterday We had lots of clouds and thunder...and about 10 drops of rain
Old 06-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #17
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
I'm so glad ya'll got some rain yesterday We had lots of clouds and thunder...and about 10 drops of rain
Sorry. The bright side is that you now have 10 drops more water than you had. I'm not laughing though.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:42 PM   #18
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
Sorry. The bright side is that you now have 10 drops more water than you had. I'm not laughing though.
May as well laugh as cry We don't have crops or land or cattle, but I have a lot of friends that do...and they are the ones that are really hurting. All I have to do is figure out how to pay my water bill since Mike insists on keeping the yard well hydrated
Old 07-01-2009, 03:50 AM   #19
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
May as well laugh as cry We don't have crops or land or cattle, but I have a lot of friends that do...and they are the ones that are really hurting. All I have to do is figure out how to pay my water bill since Mike insists on keeping the yard well hydrated
I know what you mean about "paying the water bill". I'm usually quite judicious about using water on the yard, but I'm watering like crazy right now since we will be gone for 3 weeks and I know if I don't have maximum saturation, things will burn up while I'm gone. So, my water bill is going to be OVER THE TOP for this month!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:54 AM   #20
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Nope, no rain here, yet. We saw some clouds with a little dark to them, but no rain at all. The forecast does call for a 30% chance of rain today and tonight. Keeping fingers crossed!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:52 AM   #21
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Sure hope you all get some relief soon.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:19 AM   #22
DianaB

I know that your farmers and ranchers are hurthing because I can relate to that. The weather is always a worry for us too because our income is based on the weather and God's blessings. I hope you guys get a break in the weather soon.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #23
Marilyn

Well, I came through a small shower on the way home from work today, but no rain at the office or at home. Did get to turn on the windshield wipers though, and they do still work. Perhaps there is some hope of a little moisture. There were two big grass fires the past two days that were in the city and could have gotten to homes, but thankfully the fire department managed to get control before they got really out of hand.

We are of course under a burn ban, and aireal fireworks are prohibited this 4th of July. Lots of folks are disappointed about that. Some of them are going to the beach to do their fireworks, so the beaches should be crowded Saturday night. Just hope no one gets hurt with so many more people there than usual.

Our city always has a large fire works display, and haven't heard anything about it this year at all, whether they are or are not holding it. Someone should really come out and say something about it.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Old 07-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #24
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Marilyn, I'm so sorry you haven't had any rain yet. We had another inch today - so we've had two inches in the past two days. It sure is a welcome relief. Of course, it is wonderful to have the rain, but now it is as humid as HELL! Oh well, guess you gotta take the bad with the good and I know you'd tolerate some humidity in exchange for rain
Old 07-02-2009, 04:05 AM   #25
Marilyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
Marilyn, I'm so sorry you haven't had any rain yet. We had another inch today - so we've had two inches in the past two days. It sure is a welcome relief. Of course, it is wonderful to have the rain, but now it is as humid as HELL! Oh well, guess you gotta take the bad with the good and I know you'd tolerate some humidity in exchange for rain
You betcha we would, Gayle. Rex and I are headed up to Temple this morning. He has a cardiologist appointment at Scott & White, so perhaps we will get to see some rain up there. I'm hoping he will take time to drive around a bit. We've never actually been to Temple other than to drive through on I35.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:20 AM   #26
Marilyn

Finally some information in this morning's paper.....

According to the National Weather Service, we have had 5.37 inches of rain since Jan 1. Normally, we would have 19.51 inches of rain.

The drought index is nearing 650 but is as high as 710 in some parts of the county. The index's highest point is 800.

The Guadalupe River has stopped flowing above Canyon Lake.

The current flow of the river is about 243 cubic feet per second. The median flow of the river is 1,110 cubic feet per second. (Our water supply)

The city has - and has had - a ban-on-fireworks ordinance but will present its Fourth of July fireworks show.

The county has banned aerial fireworks (those with sticks or fins).

The county will allow the setting off of fireworks (not aerial) at Saxet Lake Park.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #27
DianaB

That's really low on rain!!! I know that some rain has been passing through and I hope that you get some but you really need a lot to catch up!!! You really need a tropical depression to give you some much needed rain!!! But then again, you don't want it all at once.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:35 AM   #28
Marilyn

Still no rain. We have gone to mandatory concervation. We can only water certain hours of the early morning and late evening. It's a $500 fine if you water when you aren't supposed to. The next step is to allow watering only on certain days. Anything that isn't being watered is brown and crispy, so you know what our roadways look like.

There was a grass fire at the airport on Saturday. Don't know how many acres burned, but they had 11 fire trucks fighting it. Garrett was working the ambulance, so he wasn't out there. There are charred black patches all around from fires.

It usually gets dryer in the summer here, but nothing like this!!