4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 04-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #16
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
He is a wonderful doctor! Are you on his diet Gina? He is so knowledgeable about good health and diet!

My diet is not too bad! I got over the starvation phase. Now, I am just finding it a little annoying to have to eat 6 small meals/day. I prefer stuffing myself and then eating hours later when that wears off. Oh wait...that's why I'm on this diet, isn't it?

Aside from a protein and greens for dinner, these are the foods. Beside the bars, all of them are either mixed with water, whipped with water, or microwaved with water. So, what I'm thinking is, why not just pour them all into a big bowl, add some water, mix, microwave, and split it into 5 portions? That's a day's worth, it's easy, and probably tastes as good as each thing on it's own.

Now I'm trying to figure out an easy way to prepare dinners in advance. I was going to grill 3 big chicken breasts last night, but the perfect storm hit us, so that was a no go.

Judy no special diet, as I mentioned I just eat healthy and cut out cookies and cake. If I want to sample any sweets I have a little on the weekend. To be honest you can't view it as a diet for I think that word alone makes me want to eat more lol I look at it as a change of eating habits.. I believe in moderation so if I want something that is a no no I don't deprive myself but have a small portion.

I have become a big salad lover.. I put cranrasins, feta cheese, with salad, cherry tomatoes it is so yummy and filling... I love all types of salads..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:10 PM   #17
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Judy, how are you doing on your diet? I don't know if I could drink all that stuff. Goodness knows, I need to lose 20 pounds though.

Someone told me today that the NEW Weight Watchers was really good and easy to follow. When I get sick to death of this 20 extra pounds, I'll probably do the new WW. I've done the old WW for years (obviously not enough though).
Old 04-26-2011, 05:37 AM   #18
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I thought the old WW worked really well for me but got tired of figuring points and I still felt hungry. You're not suppose to feel hungry on WW.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #19
paula1961

So I'm not the only one that has put on weight lol! I need to lose 15 to 20 pounds! Mine is all in my stomach too. I hate the muffin top I have got now! I also have no motivation and definitely no energy. I have gotten so lazy since I stopped working 3 years ago. Judy I don't know if I could drink all that stuff either. I would starve to death I'm hopeless!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:58 AM   #20
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I just weighed in at 143. I began 2 weeks ago at 150.5; lost 4.5 last week, and 3 pounds this week. Pretty good! I am very happy with this weight loss.

I am about to eat microwaved powdered eggs. Not tasty! I'm not at all a fussy eater, and there is really no cooking or shopping, so this diet works well for me.
I ordered a lot of bars and puddings for next month.

I found that if I put less water in a lot of the foods, there is a more solid consistency. I can't have drinks all day. You need to feel like you're having food!

I'm still hungry, but it's getting much better. I can add a protein to mid morning, and have less at dinner. I think that would do it.

Whatever it takes to get this muffin top off!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:08 AM   #21
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Wow that's great for 2 weeks!!

I wish I could get a little more motivated. I was going through my summer clothes on the weekend and had to put most of them in the garage sale box. There were capris, shorts, and skirts, that I couldn't even get past my hips with the zippers undone! Oh well, I guess it's an excuse to buy new clothes.

I'm fluctuating between 142 and 144. I would like to be 130-135ish. I can't believe that just 5 years ago I only weighed 115! I'm 5'8 and lots of people commented that I looked just TOO skinny back then, and I agree, but it's crazy to think just how much more I've gained! I know most of my problem is sitting at a desk or in a car for 10 hours a day now. I used to be much more active.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #22
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'll tell you, Lindsey, get it under control NOW while you have the energy to do it!!! Not that you're heavy.......but when I was younger it just kept creeping on a little at a time.......and, voila, here I am!!! I wish that I would have worked harder on it when I was young.

Glen had a cousin at their Easter picnic that had lost 60 pounds. I asked her how she was doing it and she is only eating 800 calories a day!!!! But....she said that she's losing 3-4 pounds a week!! I don't think I could do that ......I've had a hard time on 1200 calories a day!!! That's not much food!!!!! She has will power....that's for sure!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #23
Janet

Her body is going to get use to 800 calories and then when she eats more, she'll gain weight.

I don't think I'll ever lose the weight that I need to.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:55 AM   #24
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That sounds like my diet, Medifast. It was actually meant for obese people who needed treatment but were too heavy for it. It is a very quick weight loss. The transition and maintenance are the really hard parts, I think. I'll have to add in one thing at a time, like fruits, etc., etc. to see what I can eat to maintain the weight loss.

I really don't believe in this kind of crash diet. They say it will become a way of life, but that just make sense to me! It's also not really healthy to lose more than 1 to 2 pounds/week. 800 cal./day is insanity!

What I'm hoping for is that getting to a goal weight, I'll be motivated to keep it somewhere in that vicinity. I can use their techniques, plus my WW knowledge, and see what happens.

I went to my doctor yesterday for my blood pressure, etc., and he feels it's fine. I told him I'm really tired. He said my body is being stressed by the rapid weight loss, but not to worry about it. I'll be fine, and the weight loss is really a good stressor.

Gotta go drink my breakfast shake!

Old 05-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #25
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

WAHOO!!! I weighed in at 139.5!!!

I began, three weeks ago, at 150.5, so my total loss is 11 pounds!

I'm happy, and hopefully, will be ale to begin the transition diet soon. I think I need to lose about 7 more pounds. I hope I don't start losing only 1 pound/week!
I really want to start the transition and then maintenance, so I can figure out what I can eat and be healthy (and thin.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #26
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Wow Judy, that's a lot of weight lost!!

I haven't weighed myself lately, because I'm scared it will show I'm not losing any weight lol! I have just not been as hungry lately, so I haven't been snacking so much during the day, and eating small lunches. I've been feeling thin, so I don't want to find out that nothing has changed lol.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 05-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #27
Janet

Most of the bus drivers at our school have started a Biggest Loser program for the last 6 weeks of school. We weighed in last Tuesday. It cost $10 to join. We'll weigh every Tuesday and if anyone gains, they have to pay $1.00 per pound gained. At three weeks a prize will be given to the one losing the largest percentage and then at 6 weeks, the grand prize. Not sure how I'll do, but we'll see. It's fun anyway and I love having fun!
Old 05-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #28
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

That does sound fun, and it's some extra incentive to keep trying!

Old 05-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #29
Janet

Hopefully I won't have to pay...lol. I love to eat, but I'm also a stress eater and we all know the stress I've been under. If I don't lose any....I hope I don't gain any.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #30
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Judy, that's great!!! I'm so proud of you!!! I have got to lose weight but you really have to be committed and I'm not sure that I could right now. I have some friends that have lost a lot of weight and I'm looking into what they did.

Janet, that sounds like fun!! You've always done well on WW and maybe this will be the incentive to get you going!!! Forget about your stress and stick to it!! You have such amazing willpower that I know you can do this!!!!

I'm cheering you on!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote