4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 11-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #16
HALEY

Donna, so sorry your feeling depressed, but i'm not far behind you, been depressed since they cut my hours, and not certain were going to recover from all this mess our country is in...
anyways hope you are feeling better today.. today is another day...
You'll be in my prayers...
Old 11-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #17
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

depression

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALEY View Post
Donna, so sorry your feeling depressed, but i'm not far behind you, been depressed since they cut my hours, and not certain were going to recover from all this mess our country is in...
anyways hope you are feeling better today.. today is another day...
You'll be in my prayers...

Thanks GF, it is hard enough to cope with depression without adding our economy in to it.
Prayers for you too.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #18
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna1990 View Post
Thanks GF, it is hard enough to cope with depression without adding our economy in to it.
Prayers for you too.
thanks Donna, that's all i been doing almost all day is reading msn news, slow here at work, getting more depressed reading the papers.. hopefully we will bounce back out of this mess but it don't look like it anytime soon, i have to stop reading the papers... one good thing i'll be out of here in 1/2 hour and going to pick up my baby that will put a smile on my face...
Old 11-18-2008, 04:31 PM   #19
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALEY View Post
thanks Donna, that's all i been doing almost all day is reading msn news, slow here at work, getting more depressed reading the papers.. hopefully we will bounce back out of this mess but it don't look like it anytime soon, i have to stop reading the papers... one good thing i'll be out of here in 1/2 hour and going to pick up my baby that will put a smile on my face...
Haley I try not to watch to much news and read the newspaper. It is very depressing.. All I see in my line of work lately are short sales and foreclosures.. We have no control over the ecomony so why worry about it. Nothing we can do , but go with it and like you said hopefully we can rebound soon..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:05 AM   #20
HALEY

Thanks Gina, i love to read, i read almost all the papers everyday, on my breaks and at lunchtime, kind of a book worm,,, just have to read something else, your right we have no control.... it stinks too...
Old 11-19-2008, 11:31 AM   #21
Nina

I am sorry that you're feeling depressed, and I can totally relate to you. I think someone mentioned health problems, is that what is making you depressed?

I have had issues with depression the last few years due to health problems. I have been taking Paxil for awhile now, and that helps so much. I honestly didn't even realize I was depressed at first, but my family and my dr. saw it. I didn't even want to try the Paxil, I just didn't feel that I needed it. But, I gave it a try and what a difference! Now I can look back and realize just how depressed I was. I still have times when I feel down, but times like that don't last long. I try to find the positive in everything.

If it's not too personal, can I ask what health problems you are having? The reason I ask is because there are many good online support groups where you can talk to people who feel as you do. I have Crohn's Disease, and I joined a support group/message board. I got to know several women my age, and I found I had alot in common with them, and we were all having basically the same health issues. Now we have our own small group, and we have talked on the phone, sent books and cards to each other, and just supported each other through the bad times. There is one woman who doesn't live too far from me, and we are planning to have lunch together sometime soon.

If you ever need to talk, just let me know. I know how it feels, and it helps if you know you're not alone. Take care.
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:36 AM   #22
HALEY

Donna, just wanted to know how you are feeling today? Hopefully better.. let us know girl.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:03 PM   #23
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Thanks Haley, you are so sweet. I am doing alright, just wish I had some energy.
Nina, I do have a lot of issues, nothing really serious just a lot of pain. My spine and neck are a mess, buldging disc, scoliosis, benign compression fractures, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusion, etc, might have to have surgery on my neck the end of Dec. Have fibromyalgia too. Have been on Prozac for years, that is suppose to help with the pain, HAHA.
For the first time in our life we are having financial problems.
I will quit complaining and think about something positive.
Appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:03 PM   #24
Nina

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna1990 View Post
Thanks Haley, you are so sweet. I am doing alright, just wish I had some energy.
Nina, I do have a lot of issues, nothing really serious just a lot of pain. My spine and neck are a mess, buldging disc, scoliosis, benign compression fractures, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusion, etc, might have to have surgery on my neck the end of Dec. Have fibromyalgia too. Have been on Prozac for years, that is suppose to help with the pain, HAHA.
For the first time in our life we are having financial problems.
I will quit complaining and think about something positive.
Appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers.

Maybe you need to change to something else or have your dosage adjusted? Spine and back pain are awful and really wear you down. I have had issues with back pain....not fun at all! There are many online support groups for Fibromyalgia, and I'm sure there are some for spine problems as well. Maybe you could check them out and see if any appeal to you.

I will pray for you, and I hope things improve soon. Like I said, if you ever need to talk, just let me know.
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:29 PM   #25
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Donna, I hope that you start feeling better.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #26
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Donna, I'm so sorry that you have all of these health concerns to deal with. I'm sure that just dealing with all of the pain is enough to make you depresses. I hope that you find something that will give you some relief. I'll be praying for you. {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote