4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-17-2011, 03:57 AM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Betsi...even though Mom's Rav 4 is a very nice vehicle....she leased it....another great idea of my younger brother.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #17
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Lindsay, I have an SUV and I love it!! It drives wonderfully and is comfortable but it does like to use gas!! It has lots of room for whatever we want to buy and lots of leg room for others to ride with us. One thing that we have to have is four wheel drive to be able to drive up to the house when there's snow on the ground. It also has a third set so we can have 7 people ride with us. For us a car wouldn't work well because of driving in the fields so using more gas off sets the other things that we appreciate about the vehicle.

BTW....I've heard that our gas is suppose to be up to five dollars by the end of this year. Not good news.

Gayle, I hope that your warranty covers your expenses to get your car fixed. It seems like it's always something.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #18
Janet

Diana's SUV is very nice....I've ridden in it....
Old 01-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #19
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Nope, the warranty didn't cover anything! The warranty people said the part that was broken was excluded and because it wasn't a moving part. The service manager even got on the phone and argued with them, but to no avail. Oh well, had to be fixed....... It's General Motors Preferred warranty, so you would think it would be good
Old 01-18-2011, 06:36 AM   #20
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
Lindsay, I have an SUV and I love it!! It drives wonderfully and is comfortable but it does like to use gas!! It has lots of room for whatever we want to buy and lots of leg room for others to ride with us. One thing that we have to have is four wheel drive to be able to drive up to the house when there's snow on the ground. It also has a third set so we can have 7 people ride with us. For us a car wouldn't work well because of driving in the fields so using more gas off sets the other things that we appreciate about the vehicle.

BTW....I've heard that our gas is suppose to be up to five dollars by the end of this year. Not good news.

Gayle, I hope that your warranty covers your expenses to get your car fixed. It seems like it's always something.

My brother did give us our parents' old '91 Explorer, which has nice aerodynamics from all the rust holes But I'd like something a little nicer one of these days My parents live on a steep hill with an even steeper driveway, and when I go home in the winter I have to go around the back of the hill which isn't so steep, and brake slowly as I'm coming down the other side so I can park in front of their yard. If I slide, I have to go around and try again. I don't even attempt to get up the driveway because I end up sliding backwards down it in my car! So when we buy an SUV it will need four wheel drive to make life easier! We go to the lake a lot too, and Scott's parents are moving to their lake when they retire in a few years, and there are pretty bad gravel roads to get to either place.

Gayle, that's terrible it's excluded!! I guess that's how they make their money.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #21
Janet

That really sucks Gayle....sometimes these warranties aren't worth the paper it takes to print them.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #22
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
That really sucks Gayle....sometimes these warranties aren't worth the paper it takes to print them.
Fully agree
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #23
paula1961

I'm sorry that your warranty didn't cover any part of your repairs Gayle! That just "ain't" right!!!

Speaking of gas prices..our regular gas here is 3.35 a gallon right now. Hubby has a 2008 Ford F250 diesel truck....12 miles to the gallon and diesel is up to around 3.40 a gallon right now. I don't know how we're gonna afford to go anywhere if prices keep going up!!!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #24
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Even with a premier warranty, it's not covered! That just sucks.

I hope you don't have to put money into it for a looong time!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #25
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thanks guys. Yes, it does SUCK! And to top it off the car is still not finished. It's been there since Monday!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:08 AM   #26
Janet

Better go get your boots on Gayle and kick some....well....you know.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #27
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Call and keep asking for their supervisor until you get someone who can help you. That should be covered. You just need to find the right person to say so!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:18 AM   #28
Janet

Hope you have your car back now Gayle.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:45 AM   #29
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yes I do Janet - I guess you missed the escapade though. When I picked it up all the instrument panel has changed to Spanish!!! LOL! I found out my car was made in Mexico and when they took out the battery to work on it, it reverted back to factory settings, which was SPANISH! It took a while, but they finally got everything back to English.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #30
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Diane is right, Gayle. You might get it paid for if you go higher up. I had a similar issue with Toshiba about my laptop. I googled the main office, found the phone number, and asked for the CEO. Needless to say, I wasn't connected, but I did get a customer service administrator. I had that computer back and fixed at no charge within a couple of weeks.

Yo no habla espanol anymore huh?

judy is offline   Reply With Quote