4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 09-10-2006, 07:46 PM   #16
Elaine

I am sorry you ladies are having in law problems, I'm one of the lucky ones, I love my mil..and when my fil passed away ..that was just as hard as when my dad passed away.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:03 AM   #17
KellyV

Ooo, that's rough. Sounds to me like nothing you do will make a difference.... That's rough. I really don't know what to tell you!

I lucked out in the in-law department. Hubby's mom and step-mom are both awesome people, and the same can be said for dad and step-dad.
If anything, hubby is the one that has in-law probs! My dad is a real hard @$$ and doesn't let up for anyone!
Old 09-11-2006, 08:22 AM   #18
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Im sorry for you ladies with the bad MIL relationships. It's gotta be tough. My MIL is much older and in a elderly care home. It's been unfortunate that with her mental state that her and I have never been able to build a relationship. I've heard only wonderful sweet stories about her.

However, I have a sister in law that sucks. I've been told that she said in reference to me, "None of Robert's other wives were good enough for him, what makes her think she'd be any different?" I don't care for her too much really.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:01 PM   #19
Courtney

Oh don't even get me started on my MIL. She's very manipulative and really only cares that her husband, FIL, is happy. We all went through a time where FIL started back drinking and what fun that was. Anyway he said some really nasty things to my husband and I so my hubby finally stopped talking to him and all she cared about was that he called his father. Let's not worry about the fact that when he did he got cussed out, just as long as FIL got to talk to him it was ok. Not to mention she never called hubby either even though he and I both told her that he would love to hear from her(it is his mother after all), and the few times she called were just to tell him to call his father.

FIL as you can imagine isn't any better either, he has quit drinking though. But really that only means that now we have to talk to them again. They can be really nice and caring but then just all of a sudden, especially if they aren't getting their way, they turn and are rude and thoughtless. Thank goodness we don't have kids yet, I can only imagine the problems that's going to bring.

I love the rest of his family. His brothers and their families are great. I don't have anyone living close to me on my side so it is nice to have family right up the road and be able to get together for cookouts and such.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:21 PM   #20
Sherry Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
However, I have a sister in law that sucks. I've been told that she said in reference to me, "None of Robert's other wives were good enough for him, what makes her think she'd be any different?" I don't care for her too much really.
LOL I have a SIL from hell, too! The 'out-laws' are harmless and mean well... they're just annoying more than anything. The SIL is a whole 'nuther story! I could go on and on about her. Suffice it to say she wasn't welcome in my home for many years...
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote