4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Entertainment & Shopping

Old 09-14-2006, 07:43 AM   #16
cindy0721

Send a message via Yahoo to cindy0721
You can do "Flautas " too.....

Chicken shredded
Sour cream
Corn Tortillas
Season all

Grab your frying pan... add a cup of oil or EVOO heat up to med high heat... Grab your tortillas and warm up in microwave... once you have cooked and shredded your chicken start to roll your tortillas stuffed with chicken... you can use toothpicks to keep them together... add one rolled up tortilla into the oil bottom down so it wont come undone and roll it around in oil til crisp.... have a plate ready with a napkin to soak excess oil... once cooked.... plate them and add sour cream on top... VOILA!
cindy0721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:44 AM   #17
cindy0721

Send a message via Yahoo to cindy0721
hmmm... Mexcian.,,.. well since Im hispanic this is right up my alley.....

Beef Enchiladas

1 pd of beef
1 can of Wolf Chili No beans
2 pks of tortillas
1 cube of chicken flavored boullion
Cheddar Cheese(Kraft pre shredded)

Cook the meat with 1 cube of Chicken flavored Boullion.... once it is browned drain it... grab your pack of tortillas and microwave them til warm and soft pre heat the chili as well... turn on oven to preheat at 350 and grab your baking pan and put a small layer of chili on the bottom. Once you tortillas are warm grab one and add some ground beef probaby about 2 tablespoons full ..add a bit of cheese and roll... continue to do this to the rest... while stacking next and on top of each other... once you are done rolling, grab the chili and pour it on top and add cheese.... put the foil paper to cover stick in the oven for 30 minutes and VOILA! Easy!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 07:44 AM   #18
ice queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy0721
Guacamole Recipe to go with "FLAUTAS"

1 Hass LARGE Avocado (if they only have small ones use 2)
1/2 a medium tomato
1/2 White Onion
1 Lemon or Lime
Salt

Cut your avocado in half and scoop it unto a bowl.. Grab your onion and tomato and chop unto small pieces.. Micx into your already smashed avocado bowl mix together add salt to taste and squeeze a lemon or lime unto it..taste and you might add a bit more salt... (Lemon is used to avoid browning of the avocado and it gives it a nice twist)....good eats!
OOOHHHHH i love guacamole but didn't know how to make it ...thanks cindy!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:31 AM   #19
ice queen

Everybody has been so nice and sending me recipes so i am sending ya'll one...my hubby HATES spinach but he tears this up and asks for more!!!Kids even like it!!!

Spinach and Artichoke Casserole

2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 can (133/4 oz.) artichoke hearts drained and chopped-i use the marinated kind
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
salt and pepper to taste
2/3 cup parmesan cheese-i use more cuz he loves cheese!
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 cup whole milk

Preheat oven to 350*. combine spinach, artichokes, cream, salt ,pepper and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese(you can use more-i do )
Use mixer at medium speed(i use a wire whisk) beat cream cheese till fluffy.Gradually add milk till well blended
Spoon spinach mixture into shallow casserole then put milk/cheese misture on top and sprinkle with reamaining parmesan Bake about 15-30 minutes or until edges bubble and cheese melted.

It is really good and i make large batches of it for thanksgiving and christmas and there is NEVER any left over!!!Good luck and hope ya'll like it!!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 10:40 AM   #20
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Thumbs up Grilled Shrimp - YUMMY

This recipe for grilled shrimp is so wonderful and easy. It's also very pretty on skewers. Add some pasta, salad, and some wine and it's a very romantic dinner!

The recipe is as follows:

2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium yellow onion, small diced
1/4 C minced fresh Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
1/4 C minced fresh basil
1 tsp. dry mustard
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/4 C good olive oil
1 lemon, juiced

Combine all the ingredients and allow them to marinate for 1 hr or over night. (refrigerate)

Skewer the shrimp. Heat a grill and cook only a couple minutes till done. Don't over cook or shrimp will become chewy and tough.

Note ** I leave the tails on, it's a much prettier presentation this way.

If you'd like the pasta recipe, here it is. (Fettuccini Alfredo)

18 ounces FRESH (don't use dry pasta, it doesn't adhere to the sauce well) fettuccine

2 1/2 C heavy cream
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (must be fresh, do not use lemon juice in a bottle)
12 TBSP unsalted butter
2 C grated parmesan
2 tsp. grated lemon zest
pinch nutmeg (grated or ground)
salt and freshly ground pepper

Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until firm but done. Stir 2 Cups of the cream and lemon juice in a heavy large skillet to blend. Add the butter and cook over medium heat just until the butter melts, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.

Add the pasta and toss. Add the remaining 1/2 Cup of cream, and parmesan to sauce. Stir till smooth. Add the lemon zest, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Toss the pasta mixture over low heat until the sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute.

This is sooooo good!!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:11 AM   #21
ice queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia
You've been given some really great ideas for your special dinner tomorrow night I would go with the steak and if you don't want to grill shrimp, try this - get some jumbo shrimp and put them in a shallow baking dish. Pour Italian dressing over it, take a lemon and make thin slices to lay over the top of the shrimp, then bake on 350 degrees until the shrimp is done - about 10 minutes but check it. Then get some fresh, hot french bread - serve the steak, shrimp, and a salad, pour some of the dressing you used to cook the shrimp in into some small individual serving bowls and use it to dip the french bread in - YUM!!! Oh, and don't forget the wine Or - get some flounder, mix together a stuffing of seasoned bread crumbs, shredded swiss cheese, and lump crab meat. Split the flounder open on one side and stuff, stuff, stuff with the mix you just made. Bake on 350 degrees - and this will take a while - about an hour. Make a cream sauce out of heavy cream, more shredded swiss cheese, and lemon zest. When the flounder is done, serve with the sauce over the top along with french bread, salad, and wine - this is YUM, YUM!!!!!!!

Let us know how it turns out
that sounds so good!!!!i will make that this week too!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 06:20 PM   #22
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice queen
Everybody has been so nice and sending me recipes so i am sending ya'll one...my hubby HATES spinach but he tears this up and asks for more!!!Kids even like it!!!

Spinach and Artichoke Casserole

2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 can (133/4 oz.) artichoke hearts drained and chopped-i use the marinated kind
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
salt and pepper to taste
2/3 cup parmesan cheese-i use more cuz he loves cheese!
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 cup whole milk

Preheat oven to 350*. combine spinach, artichokes, cream, salt ,pepper and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese(you can use more-i do )
Use mixer at medium speed(i use a wire whisk) beat cream cheese till fluffy.Gradually add milk till well blended
Spoon spinach mixture into shallow casserole then put milk/cheese misture on top and sprinkle with reamaining parmesan Bake about 15-30 minutes or until edges bubble and cheese melted.

It is really good and i make large batches of it for thanksgiving and christmas and there is NEVER any left over!!!Good luck and hope ya'll like it!!!!
sounds delicious! I will try it. If you need italian food recipes you come to the right person. I love to cook and bake.. So ask me and I shall tell you lol
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:24 PM   #23
ice queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
sounds delicious! I will try it. If you need italian food recipes you come to the right person. I love to cook and bake.. So ask me and I shall tell you lol
i love italian food...my hubby was in italy in the navy for awhile and goes on and on about the food...i would love to be able to cook him some authentic italian that wasn't out of a jar!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 06:34 PM   #24
Gina

Quote:
i love italian food...my hubby was in italy in the navy for awhile and goes on and on about the food...i would love to be able to cook him some authentic italian that wasn't out of a jar!!!
Tell me what you want to make? and I will send you a recipe
Old 09-14-2006, 06:41 PM   #25
Sherry Lynn

Mmmmmm!!! That Spinach Arichoke casserole sounds like it would make a good dip with corn chips!!

If you want good authentic Italian recipes... PM Carolyn... she's an Italian gal from Jersey with all kinds of good family recipes!
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:44 PM   #26
Jlynn

Wow, great recipes. Want to make sure I'm subscribed to THIS thread!

Hope your dinner tomorrow night goes well!
Jlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:57 PM   #27
ice queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Tell me what you want to make? and I will send you a recipe
whatever you feel like sending to me i LOVE to cook-hate to clean up after though!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 06:58 PM   #28
ice queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlynn
Wow, great recipes. Want to make sure I'm subscribed to THIS thread!

Hope your dinner tomorrow night goes well!
i hope so too he called me twice from the rig today so i think he is excited to come home too!!!i might not be posting too much tomorrow night...hmmmmmm
Old 09-14-2006, 07:08 PM   #29
Gina

Quote:
whatever you feel like sending to me i LOVE to cook-hate to clean up after though!!!

You got it! I will send you some recipes..

Last edited by Gina; 09-14-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:24 AM   #30
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Wow theres a LOT of great recipes here, you ladies are awesome!!