4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 02-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #16
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Oh, my goodness, what a jerk!!!! How embarassing for your boss. I can't stand people who do intentionally humiliating things like that!!! So sorry you have to put up with something like that. Someone should have videoed that session and somehow set it up to play back to the boss in private.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:53 AM   #17
highlans

Agree a right jerk, must be awful to work along side him.
Do you not have to log your name against all work/drawings done, can you boss not see who does what work?.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:19 AM   #18
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Yes, my initials are on all drawings I do, but my boss doesn't really see anything unless he's directly involved in a project. The thing he DOES see is my timesheet every week. The problem there? Chris lies on his. He charges his time to projects he hasn't worked on, or wayyyy overcharges projects he has worked on. If he works on something for an hour, but then spends another hour outside smoking while he's working on it, he'll just charge 2 hours to it.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #19
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I know it's dreadful to be around negativity all day, and when you confront it, it gets worse. But, I have found that if you stick to your wonderful, strong convictions you will soon be rid of him.

I am so proud of you and your integrity!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:53 AM   #20
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I guess things always work out in the end. I've been at a course for the past three days, so I had been emailing Amanda here at work to stay in the loop. On Tuesday morning they had a meeting (Monday was a holiday) and one of our engineers announced he is leaving for another job. This put us in a pickle because he's the project manager for a huge project that Chris is supposed to be working on. Chris wasn't at the meeting and they were discussing drafting problems and needs and Amanda spoke up and said "Why don't we hire someone else who is actually COMMITTED to drafting and we can put Chris somewhere else?" Well, Meryl said he agreed, and has already started advertising for another drafter!!! Chris has been pushed into being the new project manager for our big project (which he totally can't handle, but that's a problem between Chris and my boss). So that means he's out of the office the majority of the time, and it's nice and quiet and happy And hopefully we can find a new drafter who can help me out a little here!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:23 PM   #21
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Excellent! Things have a way of working out.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:23 PM   #22
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I'm so glad for you Lindsey!
I hope things go much better for you now.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:52 AM   #23
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Glad the jerk is out of your hair most of the time. I believe in 'what goes around, comes around,' and he'll get his, it's just a matter of time.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:34 AM   #24
Marilyn

They're probably giving him an avenue to fail so they have grounds for termination. Keep us posted!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:59 AM   #25
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

It sounds like they were aware of Chris' failings. I'm so glad that things are working out for the better in your job.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote