4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > The Positive Forum!

Old 09-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #16
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

How's it going, Janet?

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:42 AM   #17
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I was wondering the same
Old 09-28-2007, 07:19 AM   #18
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Thank you all for wondering about me. I'm still smoke free ladies!!! I'm so proud of myself!

It's not that I don't crave one now and again, but I just stop whatever I'm doing and do something else. I DO NOT WANT TO LIGHT ONE UP EVER AGAIN. I just have to keep saying that, because smoking is a very strong habit and so easy to go back to. I just keep thinking of how that first puff would make me so light headed and dizzy, plus a little sick to my stomach.

I've crossed every hurdle so far...like no more smoking while drying my hair, smoking while on the computer, while driving, or sitting out back on my swing, things like that. The only one I haven't crossed yet is being home alone while the guys are camping. They go in about two weeks I think. I'll just really have to keep my mind busy.

It's been four weeks yesterday!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:46 AM   #19
AngieDoogles

Way to go Janet! I'm so SO proud of you! I knew you could do it.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:10 AM   #20
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Thank you all for wondering about me. I'm still smoke free ladies!!! I'm so proud of myself!

It's not that I don't crave one now and again, but I just stop whatever I'm doing and do something else. I DO NOT WANT TO LIGHT ONE UP EVER AGAIN. I just have to keep saying that, because smoking is a very strong habit and so easy to go back to. I just keep thinking of how that first puff would make me so light headed and dizzy, plus a little sick to my stomach.

I've crossed every hurdle so far...like no more smoking while drying my hair, smoking while on the computer, while driving, or sitting out back on my swing, things like that. The only one I haven't crossed yet is being home alone while the guys are camping. They go in about two weeks I think. I'll just really have to keep my mind busy.

It's been four weeks yesterday!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Now THAT'S willpower for ya WTG girl!! I'm very proud of you, and you have EVERY right to be proud of yourself!!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 11:44 AM   #21
DianaB

Oh, Janet! That's great!!! You are really determined to do it this time and we get to cheer you on!!!!

Go Janet!! Go Janet!!!

You are doing so good that you'll be able to handle having the guys gone for a day or two!!! After all you're doing this to have a healthier life!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 02:20 PM   #22
2tiredmom

Janet,

Keep up the good work. Gary quit cold turkey 10 years ago this past January.
If he can do it you can do it. Your in my prayers as always.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:34 PM   #23
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

go Janet ! go Janet!! you can do it!! Diana where did you get the cheerleaders icon?
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #24
Janet

Thanks my friends. I am never going to smoke again. I may want to at times...but at least my mind is clear to say NO NO NO!!!!!

I do have to tell you one thing though, food sure does taste different now. Especially my coffee of a morning. No matter what I do or how I fix it, it just doesn't taste right. I'm getting use to it, but not fast enough...lol AND I have gained a few lbs already....Sucks, but hey, I'll tackle one thing at a time.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:24 PM   #25
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Janet, I'm so proud of you!
That's a great accomplishment and a huge step in the right direction to a healthier future. Well done hon!
Old 09-28-2007, 06:32 PM   #26
Janet

Thank you Tink, I just hope I don't gain too much more weight.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:06 AM   #27
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

That is really great Janet. My doctors keep telling me how great it is that I don't smoke. Seems like it can make a difference in treatment. It is hard to believe the things it can affect. I know it is hard but you seem to be doing great. Way to go!
Old 09-29-2007, 12:42 PM   #28
DianaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
......Diana where did you get the cheerleaders icon?
At the side of the box where you write out your posts there's a group of smilies. At the bottom of it it says "more". Click on it and another screen pops up (enlarge that screen so you can see them all easier. Also, scroll down and there's even more!!) and there's lots and lots of little things that you can add to your post. Just put your curser where you want your smilie to go and then click on the one you want. Very easy! If you have any trouble figuring it out let me know and me or one of the other girls will help you. Good luck!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 01:50 PM   #29
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Thanks my friends. I am never going to smoke again. I may want to at times...but at least my mind is clear to say NO NO NO!!!!!

I do have to tell you one thing though, food sure does taste different now. Especially my coffee of a morning. No matter what I do or how I fix it, it just doesn't taste right. I'm getting use to it, but not fast enough...lol AND I have gained a few lbs already....Sucks, but hey, I'll tackle one thing at a time.

WOW - you really do have the right attitude!!! Maybe sugar free gum will help some with the weight gain?

You go girl - you rock!!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #30
toodles

Send a message via AIM to toodles
wow Janet, I am sooooooooooooo happy for you!!!! you are doing great. and you have a great support team here..and on YT. I am thrilled to bits...you are so strong for doing this!! my granny ended up dying because of the effects smoking had on her, and she smoked until the very end. even in the hospital, days before her death, she was asking for one....i am so happy that you have decided to take a different route. please lean on your friends and people who support you in this...you can do it!!!!!!!!! and the weight thing...you can get past that once you are clear of the smoking. baby steps hun you can do it!!!!!!!!!!
toodles is offline   Reply With Quote