4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 06-25-2009, 09:16 AM   #16
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I would be screaming too if someone shot liquid up my nose!!! I don't know much about pediatrics, was that the sedation medication????? I bet he was scared to death - and you too!
Old 06-25-2009, 09:50 AM   #17
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
I would be screaming too if someone shot liquid up my nose!!! I don't know much about pediatrics, was that the sedation medication????? I bet he was scared to death - and you too!
Yep, they did it twice! they did it once and he was still moving around and 10 min. later they did it again! I was pissed!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #18
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

When do you get the results?

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:01 AM   #19
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
When do you get the results?
I got them Friday, they came back normal Thank God, all that crap they put him through, well i guess its better safe than sorry... so finally some good news for Micah!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:18 AM   #20
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

So wonderful that the news is good!!!!! Now you can focus on other things!!!! How are his ears doing?
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:24 AM   #21
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
So wonderful that the news is good!!!!! Now you can focus on other things!!!! How are his ears doing?
much better Marilyn, he's speech classes are coming along, i'm trying to get them to come twice a week to get him caught up, i told them i'll pay for the extra day, i really don't care at this point, i need the kid to comunicate with people. Been working with him alot at home, teaching him shapes, colors and animal sounds. so its been alittle stressful, plus all the other stuff a mom has to do.. hes still having bad dreams i think, he's up almost every morning around 1-2 am.. so i been tired alot.. but hopefully that will pass soon..
Mike took him sunday over his mothers for a couple hours so i could get the basement scrubbed down, and i also washed the inside of the suv, and while i had the hose out i did both porches and the siding on the house needed hoses down and all the outdoor furniture, i wonder why im tired today. too much to do...
Old 06-29-2009, 07:47 AM   #22
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm glad that Micah's ears are doing better. I've thought about him all weekend.

I had a daughter that had speech lessons when she was little. She didn't have trouble hearing she just talked really dutchy and people had a hard time understanding her. We didn't have to do lessons for very long. It will take some time on your part to work with him but it's not anything hard, just time consuming. I bet that since he's hearing better he'll start talking better anyway, but lessons will be very helpful too.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:53 AM   #23
HALEY

Thanks Diana,
what i'm having problems with Micah is he's droping the ending of words, like dog, he'll say do, i think he wasn't hearing the ending of words, so were trying to correct it.. so far - this last week,

he will bark like a dog, meow like a cat, churp like a bird.. so i'm getting there, i got him a couple learning dvd's also i put in for him, so were getting there...

colors i'm having a hard time with him, everything is blue or green he says booo or geeen... so were working on that also... i feel like a teacher LOL not a good one i may add..
Old 06-29-2009, 07:57 AM   #24
HALEY

ps, what i have to start doing is Micah drags me everywhere and points to stuff he wants, that's how he learned to communicate with us, so i'm trying to break him of that and it is very hard... he gets frustrated with me, when i ask him what he wants, he knows i know, but i'm trying to get him to say it.
Mike even makes it harder, cause he lets him cry until he tries to say it, Mike has no patients what so ever and he is starting to piss me off when he does this to Micah..
Old 06-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #25
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALEY View Post
ps, what i have to start doing is Micah drags me everywhere and points to stuff he wants, that's how he learned to communicate with us, so i'm trying to break him of that and it is very hard... he gets frustrated with me, when i ask him what he wants, he knows i know, but i'm trying to get him to say it.
Mike even makes it harder, cause he lets him cry until he tries to say it, Mike has no patients what so ever and he is starting to piss me off when he does this to Micah..
Just keep telling him to use his words. Then, when he does, give him a reward.

If his Dad has no patience, it really has nothing to do with you. I am sure you will teach him well, Haley. He will either be close to his Dad or he won't.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:14 AM   #26
HALEY

he has class tonight, so i'm going to watch her real close and see what she does with him, i guess were both having class tonight ,, i'll try to do the same things she is working with him on..
Yea i don't think to many Dad's have patients, i really don't remember Mike even reading Micah a book, well maybe once.. it's always the Mom...
I'm going to see if she moved MIcah up to twice a week also tonight, i would like to get her Tuesday's and Thursday's if i can. Then i work with him the rest of the week.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #27
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Haley, it sounds of good to hear that you and Micah are making progress. He'll ge there with all that you are doing!!! You're such a good mom!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:10 AM   #28
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
Haley, it sounds of good to hear that you and Micah are making progress. He'll ge there with all that you are doing!!! You're such a good mom!!!
Aww Thanks Marilyn, i ran to wal marts yesterday to get him some more learning DVDs they didn't have to much to chose from, i wanted to get him more leap frog and cho-cho one, i guess i have to order them, i did get him learning pop-up cards they were a big hit with him yesterday, so i work with them... i also put a call into the speech lady Amy, to see if i can get him up to twice a week, here goes the tons of paper work again , i told her i would pay for the extra class if needed, so i am waiting for her to call back.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #29
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

One thing that I remember doing with my daughter, Amy, is to have them look at you when you say a word. Have Micah watch your mouth so he can imitate your actions on pronouncing words. Especially stress the ending of the words if that's what he's having trouble with. Have him repeat the word several times. Your speech counselor should have a list of words for you to work with.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #30
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
One thing that I remember doing with my daughter, Amy, is to have them look at you when you say a word. Have Micah watch your mouth so he can imitate your actions on pronouncing words. Especially stress the ending of the words if that's what he's having trouble with. Have him repeat the word several times. Your speech counselor should have a list of words for you to work with.
she did tell me to do that Diana, have him look at me and stress the begining and endings of all words that i use with him.
but she don't have a list yet, she was writing down all the words that he was trying to say...