4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 10-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #16
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Good news! (hopefully, with fingers crossed).

My cousin has a borderline ovarian tumor. That means it's not cancer, but it's not, not cancer - it's borderline. If it is stage 1 (I don't know the stage yet) then there is almost a 100% survival rate. Even stage II-IV, have very high survival rates - because it's not yet cancer.

They will still have to examine the tumor further - it was the size of a watermelon , at least that is what her sister said!!! So, they will have to continue to examine it fully, but hopefully, they will not find any real cancer cells.

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 04:41 AM   #17
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post

My cousin has a borderline ovarian tumor. That means it's not cancer, but it's not, not cancer - it's borderline. If it is stage 1 (I don't know the stage yet) then there is almost a 100% survival rate. Even stage II-IV, have very high survival rates - because it's not yet cancer.

They will still have to examine the tumor further - it was the size of a watermelon , at least that is what her sister said!!! So, they will have to continue to examine it fully, but hopefully, they will not find any real cancer cells.

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!

Aww Gayle see thats wonderful postive news!!! Prayer chain works.
and will continue . I am happy for her.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:09 AM   #18
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Wow!!! It was the size of a watermelon!!!! That's huge!! I hope that she continues to get good news.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:40 AM   #19
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I just talked to her, it really was the size of a watermelon - it extended from her diaphragm to her pubic bone and had been growing for several years. The doctor said it had a hard inner core - which could contain cancer cells (they haven't found any yet, but will continue to look) but that the outer covering which was only the borderline cells had contained everything inside. The doc said the rest of her insides looked "pristine".
Old 10-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #20
Dobie

Wow - I wonder how much that thing weighed. Good news to hear that she's going to be ok.
Dobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:54 PM   #21
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobie View Post
Wow - I wonder how much that thing weighed. Good news to hear that she's going to be ok.

I know, I wonder that too - I'm going to make her find out! I also learned that huge tumors like this are never cancer because the person would be dead before they got this big - makes sense!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 04:10 PM   #22
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

This is great news Gayle! Prayers are still coming.

She's going to be quite a bit thinner!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:48 AM   #23
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Unbelievable, was she in a lot of pain with something that size inside her?
Old 10-26-2008, 02:51 PM   #24
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post

They will still have to examine the tumor further - it was the size of a watermelon :eek:, at least that is what her sister said!!! So, they will have to continue to examine it fully, but hopefully, they will not find any real cancer cells.

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!

Oh my gosh....I had a complete hysterectomy about 6/7 years ago. I was (believe it or not exercising) and couldn't lay on my stomach very comfortably. I went to my DR. who sent me to the Oncology Clinic down at Indianapolis, scared to death and they removed a tumor the size of a small watermelon. I was cut from just above the belly button to well...way down there for them to be able to remove it. I was truly blessed for it not to be cancer.

I hope the same results for your cousin
Old 10-26-2008, 03:36 PM   #25
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Oh my gosh....I had a complete hysterectomy about 6/7 years ago. I was (believe it or not exercising) and couldn't lay on my stomach very comfortably. I went to my DR. who sent me to the Oncology Clinic down at Indianapolis, scared to death and they removed a tumor the size of a small watermelon. I was cut from just above the belly button to well...way down there for them to be able to remove it. I was truly blessed for it not to be cancer.

I hope the same results for your cousin

Thanks so much for sharing this Janet - I think it is the exact same thing my cousin has. I'm so happy to hear that you are fine and I think she will be too!