4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 04-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #16
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
It's funny to see you all mentioning Ashley furniture. Long ago hubby and I both worked there, as their original factory is less than 20 miles from us. Right now hubby hauls their furniture to stores in Kansas City and Michigan. With Ashley furniture factories in 3 small towns in our area, they also have stores and an odds and ends outlet where we can buy the pieces at reduced prices. They are by far the largest employer in our area.

We have several pieces and will most likely buy more in the future. The living room set I want is from there and in the showroom is paired up with the slate topped table set. The set is brown leather that looks soft and weathered.
My favorite cousin EVER works for Ashley Furniture in Florida. Kind of.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:59 PM   #17
Mandy

I like marble, glass, and hardwood, with natural colors, with a touch of warmth, for example, one wall painted a plum color, the rest of the walls a sand. With lamps shades to match the darker wall.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:29 AM   #18
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
I like marble, glass, and hardwood, with natural colors, with a touch of warmth, for example, one wall painted a plum color, the rest of the walls a sand. With lamps shades to match the darker wall.
Mandy that sounds beautiful. I can't wait to paint a dark wall in a dining room. I want to do a brick red wall & a taupe on the rest of the walls but I had not thought of plum I may have to reconsider now.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:32 AM   #19
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
Quote:
It's funny to see you all mentioning Ashley furniture. Long ago hubby and I both worked there, as their original factory is less than 20 miles from us. Right now hubby hauls their furniture to stores in Kansas City and Michigan. With Ashley furniture factories in 3 small towns in our area, they also have stores and an odds and ends outlet where we can buy the pieces at reduced prices. They are by far the largest employer in our area.

We have several pieces and will most likely buy more in the future. The living room set I want is from there and in the showroom is paired up with the slate topped table set. The set is brown leather that looks soft and weathered.
I love the look of Ashley but my slate table is the only piece I have so far. Someday my whole house will probably be Ashley. since you have worked for them & seem to know about the furniture & company, how is the quality? I am dying to get an Ashley microsuede sectional but anything we get in the near future needs to be sturdy. 4 kids aren't easy on furniture.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:46 AM   #20
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
They call their faux suede "Durapella". They claim it's highly scrubbable and they've been able to clean most anything from it with very little effort. So I wouldn't worry about the fabric even with kids.

I had a leather couch from Ashley that was totally abused by teens and it held up very well. It was a dog chewing the cushions apart that finally did it in. I also had a large overstuffed chair that I was very satisfied with.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:50 AM   #21
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
They call their faux suede "Durapella". They claim it's highly scrubbable and they've been able to clean most anything from it with very little effort. So I wouldn't worry about the fabric even with kids.

I had a leather couch from Ashley that was totally abused by teens and it held up very well. It was a dog chewing the cushions apart that finally did it in. I also had a large overstuffed chair that I was very satisfied with.
Thank you so much Tink. I know Ashley has very reasonable prices but anything we get makes our budget very tight. So we have to think about any purchase carefully before we do it & everything must last. I guess I will start saving for our new sofa & checking out the price at our Ashley homestore
Old 04-17-2007, 01:16 PM   #22
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandra Amaya
Thank you so much Tink. I know Ashley has very reasonable prices but anything we get makes our budget very tight. So we have to think about any purchase carefully before we do it & everything must last. I guess I will start saving for our new sofa & checking out the price at our Ashley homestore
I didn't even know we had one here until I looked it up after reading this thread yesterday! Crazy! We're buying a few new pieces for the townhouse so Brendon and I will definitely have to go by there.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
Old 04-17-2007, 05:59 PM   #23
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieDoogles
I didn't even know we had one here until I looked it up after reading this thread yesterday! Crazy! We're buying a few new pieces for the townhouse so Brendon and I will definitely have to go by there.
You didn't listen very well when you brought Don to see me at work--He was saying he had been to see the store and I was telling him the warehouse was right down the road from work
Old 04-18-2007, 05:05 AM   #24
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgivenmom5
You didn't listen very well when you brought Don to see me at work--He was saying he had been to see the store and I was telling him the warehouse was right down the road from work
There is one in my town & yours
Old 04-18-2007, 05:21 AM   #25
AngieDoogles

Quote:
There is one in my town & yours
Oh cool. I definitely want to go sometime!
Old 04-18-2007, 05:23 AM   #26
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieDoogles
Oh cool. I definitely want to go sometime!
me too. We will have to get together on schedules.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:24 AM   #27
AngieDoogles

Quote:
me too. We will have to get together on schedules.
Alright, just let me know.